Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

" PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with pack93z ...

PP.O name: Pack93z
    Current City: LOL.. I live in a dinky town called Rib Lake.
    Hometown: Rib Lake

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Years ago, I started a yahoo account with wine93z in it.. believe it or not, someone else had claimed the wine93 part so the z was just thrown on as a after thought to get the account setup. The Pack part is obvious as to the Packers, and the 93 was directly after one Gilbert Brown. I always enjoyed the way he played and the way we acquired him as a Plan B free agent from hmmm the Vikes.

2) pack93z, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

Well I grew up on a dairy farm for the first 18 years of life, it is not a thankful living but you earn everything you obtain. During high school I played a sport every season, I lettered in football my Sophomore year even though I missed a handful of games. On a sunny fall day in 87 I was involved in a ATV accident that just about claimed my life, however it did claim my sports career.

After a couple of years of struggling to get past the wreck, I finally accepted it for what it was and learned to embrace a lot of things most take for granted. For a number of years now I have quite a bit of fun with the fact that I have a artificial leg an do some odd fun stuff with it. Others have more of an issue with dealing with the pranks than I do.. I find it funny as hell.

I just remarried this past summer after a divorce and currently have two children, a boy age 8 and a girl age 5. Here is a picture of them this Christmas at the Texas Motor Speedway, the highlight was turning laps on the track at about 95 in a van.. they had a blast.

I met my wife on line, she was from the Dallas area and we after flying back and forth for some time we decided that enough was enough and tied the knot. We flew to Maui this summer and had the ceremony on a private beach overlooking the ocean.

My wife is learning to deal with her first Wisconsin winter, let’s say some days have been better than others. The day she went out to start the car and her hair froze before she got to the car… I got a phone call at work and she wanted to move, lol.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

In high school I was a student that cruised by without studying much, ace the tests and do enough without working too hard. Always been a sort of quick study and picked up things pretty easily, those study habits made for an interesting adjustment in college.

Name a sport an I played it, Football, Basketball, in the spring two sports.. track and Baseball. BTW, that tends to piss off the coaches.. I was Baseball first and Track meets when it didn’t interfere with Baseball.

As far as clubs, not many, however my Junior and Senior years I tutored the underclassman, it was a cool way to meet the younger girls in school. Yep, not saying much more on that topic.

4) What did you do after High School?

Went to college at UW-Green Bay, took some classes in UW-La Crosse, Harvard Business school, online credits and Syracuse and Arizona State, not to mention a handful of specific classes at Tech schools along the way.

5)What was your first job?

My first real job was selling Cars while going to college at Gandrud Chevrolet in Green Bay, it was a 40 hours a week job that I could be flexible in the hours. Pretty good coin as well for a college student as long as you didn’t mind working the Saturday schedules; best day of the week to sell a Truck. Earned a National award from Chevrolet for selling new trucks off the lot in 94.. I think the number was 102 new trucks that year.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Cheeseheads?

Growing up in a family of dedicated Cheeseheads it was engrained early even though in those days a great season was 5 or 6 wins. Truth be told, early on I was a huge Cowboy fan as well, I guess you should say more of a Tom Landry, Too Tall Jones and Tony Dorsett fan. But that ended the second Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys and sold Landry down the river. But even through that it was Packer first and Cowboys second. I think it was that duality that led to having a true passion for the game overall, not just focused on the Packers themselves.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Pack and the Vikings?

There are so many to choose from..
    But the best for me was the sitting in the stands and a watching the Freeman catch on MNF.. to listen to the emotions of the crowd go from excitement to disappointment to pandemonium in the matter of milliseconds. Sorry but it was an all time classic moment.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

I was searching one day for some ammo to razz the Viking fans on the Packer site and came across a thread and just started ready a little to keep up on the pulse of the Vikes. A gent going by the name of Vikesrule, on the Packerforum, on a sort of dare asked me to sign up for the site and see how it was handled. He still hadn’t informed me whom he is over on this site, but a class act none the less.

I am not shy about speaking my peace in a respectful manner, one of the reasons I have stuck around is the quality of the discussion here about football and the overall attitude of the forum. First class even if the colors are the wrong shade.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

College Football and Basketball, Baseball, Nascar, and the PGA. Pretty much sums it up.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Avid hunter and fisherman, turning a wrench once in a while, woodcraft and working around the house remodeling or building something. Really the last one is just so I can buy more tools and toys to throw in the garage. Anything that can involve the people closest to me, family and friends.

11) What other fan sites do you visit?

PackerForum.com
    PackerFans
    TalkinPackers
    PackerHome
    ChargersForum
    Raidersforum
    PackerPalace

Just a few…

12)How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

Probably 30 to 40 over the years, still like number 30 thousand and something on the season tickets waiting list, so when I get my hands on tickets I generally go. The last couple of seasons, I have been donating the vendor tickets I get to let new fans in need go to see the game, people that could use the experience to give them “a break” from life. However I promised my wife that we would keep the warm weather tickets this year.

13)What is your worst fear?

Easy question, something happening to my kids; part of the reason that I still live in a dinky little town in north central Wisconsin. I should be making twice what I am making as far as wages go in my field, but choose to remain in this small close knit community. Most of the people that live here I have known my whole life.. a sort of peace in that.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Other than the items listed in 10, I love to jump on the 4-wheeler and go kick up some mud or just throw a cooler on the back with a group of friends and put on a bunch of miles with BS breaks embedded.

15) What’s your favorite food?

Either fresh Venison tenderloin or Fettuccini Alfredo with Grilled Chicken.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Only missing a handful of states, Maine and Alaska, so I have seen a good portion of this country. But my favorite has to be the drive to Hana on the north shore of Maui, someday I will retire there. Second is the drive from Denver to Glenwood Springs, Colorado.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Go scuba diving with Sharks, whether it be in a shark cage or just free diving and have them come in. My pops did a lot of diving in the service and has spoke about the beauty of the creatures as they move in. However he recommended not diving with Barracuda’s.. he said the only time he was scared under the water was a wall of cuda’s moved in. I’ll trust him.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Hana, HI, with trips back here to hunt and fish.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    Yes I do think it will come one day, and to be honest I think there is a window of opportunity open in the next year or two. They have the defensive front and the running game to make a run,
    if they can patch a couple holes in the secondary and get some average to good quarterback play they are a scary team to face.

When the Vikes do win it, I will probably shut my phone off for a week so that my Aunt and cousins that are Vikings fan can't reach me for a week or so. I can hear the conversations already.. I might have to make it a month.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

Since I have only been here a few shorts months, but I would have to say just getting some to know that Packer fans can be viewed differently than the norm. Other fun stuff is the signature bet with a member here and a little wager I had with another member in which I sent him a Packer jersey and he had to wear it for the second game this season. Bet he was popular in Viking country, lol.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with pack93z ...

BLV ARE YOU GOING TO EVER POST MINE!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Very nice!

Nice to meet you man

One of the few classy Packer fans

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Harvard Business School eh?

I have now just put Harvard a notch down on my academic ladder after seeing that it is really not as big of an intellectually graced school as I previously though. I mean seriously, how can someone claim to be so smart, but then go and cheer for the Packers (and admit to it!)

All BS aside, it's good to see you hanging around this place as much as you do. I still think you're a closet Vikings fan though.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    PP.O name: Pack93z
    Current City: LOL.. I live in a dinky town called Rib Lake.
    Hometown: Rib Lake

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Years ago, I started a yahoo account with wine93z in it.. believe it or not, someone else had claimed the wine93 part so the z was just thrown on as a after thought to get the account setup. The Pack part is obvious as to the Packers, and the 93 was directly after one Gilbert Brown. I always enjoyed the way he played and the way we acquired him as a Plan B free agent from hmmm the Vikes.

2) pack93z, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

Well I grew up on a dairy farm for the first 18 years of life, it is not a thankful living but you earn everything you obtain. During high school I played a sport every season, I lettered in football my Sophomore year even though I missed a handful of games. On a sunny fall day in 87 I was involved in a ATV accident that just about claimed my life, however it did claim my sports career.

After a couple of years of struggling to get past the wreck, I finally accepted it for what it was and learned to embrace a lot of things most take for granted. For a number of years now I have quite a bit of fun with the fact that I have a artificial leg an do some odd fun stuff with it. Others have more of an issue with dealing with the pranks than I do.. I find it funny as hell.

I just remarried this past summer after a divorce and currently have two children, a boy age 8 and a girl age 5. Here is a picture of them this Christmas at the Texas Motor Speedway, the highlight was turning laps on the track at about 95 in a van.. they had a blast.

I met my wife on line, she was from the Dallas area and we after flying back and forth for some time we decided that enough was enough and tied the knot. We flew to Maui this summer and had the ceremony on a private beach overlooking the ocean.

My wife is learning to deal with her first Wisconsin winter, let’s say some days have been better than others. The day she went out to start the car and her hair froze before she got to the car… I got a phone call at work and she wanted to move, lol.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

In high school I was a student that cruised by without studying much, ace the tests and do enough without working too hard. Always been a sort of quick study and picked up things pretty easily, those study habits made for an interesting adjustment in college.

Name a sport an I played it, Football, Basketball, in the spring two sports.. track and Baseball. BTW, that tends to piss off the coaches.. I was Baseball first and Track meets when it didn’t interfere with Baseball.

As far as clubs, not many, however my Junior and Senior years I tutored the underclassman, it was a cool way to meet the younger girls in school. Yep, not saying much more on that topic.

4) What did you do after High School?

Went to college at UW-Green Bay, took some classes in UW-La Crosse, Harvard Business school, online credits and Syracuse and Arizona State, not to mention a handful of specific classes at Tech schools along the way.

5)What was your first job?

My first real job was selling Cars while going to college at Gandrud Chevrolet in Green Bay, it was a 40 hours a week job that I could be flexible in the hours. Pretty good coin as well for a college student as long as you didn’t mind working the Saturday schedules; best day of the week to sell a Truck. Earned a National award from Chevrolet for selling new trucks off the lot in 94.. I think the number was 102 new trucks that year.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Cheeseheads?

Growing up in a family of dedicated Cheeseheads it was engrained early even though in those days a great season was 5 or 6 wins. Truth be told, early on I was a huge Cowboy fan as well, I guess you should say more of a Tom Landry, Too Tall Jones and Tony Dorsett fan. But that ended the second Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys and sold Landry down the river. But even through that it was Packer first and Cowboys second. I think it was that duality that led to having a true passion for the game overall, not just focused on the Packers themselves.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Pack and the Vikings?

There are so many to choose from..
    But the best for me was the sitting in the stands and a watching the Freeman catch on MNF.. to listen to the emotions of the crowd go from excitement to disappointment to pandemonium in the matter of milliseconds. Sorry but it was an all time classic moment.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

I was searching one day for some ammo to razz the Viking fans on the Packer site and came across a thread and just started ready a little to keep up on the pulse of the Vikes. A gent going by the name of Vikesrule, on the Packerforum, on a sort of dare asked me to sign up for the site and see how it was handled. He still hadn’t informed me whom he is over on this site, but a class act none the less.

I am not shy about speaking my peace in a respectful manner, one of the reasons I have stuck around is the quality of the discussion here about football and the overall attitude of the forum. First class even if the colors are the wrong shade.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

College Football and Basketball, Baseball, Nascar, and the PGA. Pretty much sums it up.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Avid hunter and fisherman, turning a wrench once in a while, woodcraft and working around the house remodeling or building something. Really the last one is just so I can buy more tools and toys to throw in the garage. Anything that can involve the people closest to me, family and friends.

11) What other fan sites do you visit?

PackerForum.com
    PackerFans
    TalkinPackers
    PackerHome
    ChargersForum
    Raidersforum
    PackerPalace

Just a few…

12)How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

Probably 30 to 40 over the years, still like number 30 thousand and something on the season tickets waiting list, so when I get my hands on tickets I generally go. The last couple of seasons, I have been donating the vendor tickets I get to let new fans in need go to see the game, people that could use the experience to give them “a break” from life. However I promised my wife that we would keep the warm weather tickets this year.

13)What is your worst fear?

Easy question, something happening to my kids; part of the reason that I still live in a dinky little town in north central Wisconsin. I should be making twice what I am making as far as wages go in my field, but choose to remain in this small close knit community. Most of the people that live here I have known my whole life.. a sort of peace in that.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Other than the items listed in 10, I love to jump on the 4-wheeler and go kick up some mud or just throw a cooler on the back with a group of friends and put on a bunch of miles with BS breaks embedded.

15) What’s your favorite food?

Either fresh Venison tenderloin or Fettuccini Alfredo with Grilled Chicken.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Only missing a handful of states, Maine and Alaska, so I have seen a good portion of this country. But my favorite has to be the drive to Hana on the north shore of Maui, someday I will retire there. Second is the drive from Denver to Glenwood Springs, Colorado.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Go scuba diving with Sharks, whether it be in a shark cage or just free diving and have them come in. My pops did a lot of diving in the service and has spoke about the beauty of the creatures as they move in. However he recommended not diving with Barracuda’s.. he said the only time he was scared under the water was a wall of cuda’s moved in. I’ll trust him.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Hana, HI, with trips back here to hunt and fish.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    Yes I do think it will come one day, and to be honest I think there is a window of opportunity open in the next year or two. They have the defensive front and the running game to make a run,
    if they can patch a couple holes in the secondary and get some average to good quarterback play they are a scary team to face.

When the Vikes do win it, I will probably shut my phone off for a week so that my Aunt and cousins that are Vikings fan can't reach me for a week or so. I can hear the conversations already.. I might have to make it a month.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

Since I have only been here a few shorts months, but I would have to say just getting some to know that Packer fans can be viewed differently than the norm. Other fun stuff is the signature bet with a member here and a little wager I had with another member in which I sent him a Packer jersey and he had to wear it for the second game this season. Bet he was popular in Viking country, lol.
    and who was that kickass member?

good stuff Pack, like i've been saying since the first time i read your posts, you're a quality addition to this site

i'm a little offended that a packers fan got a 20 questions before me tho, haha jk

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

It's been nice to get to know you pack93z. Nice that you put some real effort into answering the questions.

It's good to have such a class act resident packerfan around to bash. On the downside it do put a human face to the evil side. But luckily I still have the ability to rant on the rivals with good conscience

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Very interesting stuff... still can't believe you cheer for the Packers but you're a great guy and an asset to the site.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Oh boy, a sure sign of the advent of the Apocalypse...a Packer fan with so much forum space on PP.o...all kidding aside, you're a true football fan and an asset to the site. You are to-the-point and it's not seen through Green/Gold lenses.

choose to remain in this small close knit community. Most of the people that live here I have known my whole life.. a sort of peace in that.
    Lot to be said for that.

Nice family...you're a class act, very nice to know you Shawn.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

the only packer fan I care to know. haha
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Looks like you frequent WAY to many Packer sites.
    Good to know you pack93z.
    Looking forward to meeting you in person at a PP.O tailgating.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast