Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: " PP.O's Who are they really? " 20 Questions with VKG4LFE ...

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for sharing VKG4LFE.

How did you get into calling games?
    I am always fascinated by a guy who can paint the game for me.
    Best game I never watched was the Twins/Yankees playoffs as called by Charlie Stiener.
    Listened to the games on my radio up at the hunt club, sipping beers and sitting by the fire.

I know I say it alot, but I mean it.....

A very knoble profession my friend.
    Thanks Marrdro for the kind words.

I don't call games per se, I am an announcer at the high school that I work for football, volleyball and basketball games (not color commentary or play by play, just substitutions, who scores, etc). I absolutely love it too! The Athletic director in my school district (Mike Novak, Steve Novaks dad in case you've heard of him) just asked me one day if would be willing to announce football games. I have a hard time telling people no (not a good trait as a teacher but I'm working on it) and I'm hooked! It's been made a little easier due to the fact that our teams have been pretty good, I can really get into the games!

As far as teaching goes, it is the greatest profession to go into for many reasons (especially PE). I love getting the summers off (no brainer) and I do enjoy woking with kids, they definitely keep me on my toes!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"Turboe" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    It's what my license plate says.
    Man are you lucky they didnt give you a licence plate that said "PackFan" or "IMADICK" or something like that.

Yeah, I thought when I got it in the mail it would be bent to all hell or something, but it was in perfect condition. I need to order new plates so I can put them up in my bar/rec room area so I can see them even more often!

Unfortunately for those of you who don't know my fiances plates say GB4LFE, she's a fricken' copy cat.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Nice to get to know you.

I used to teach....you better learn how to say no....but the announcing you do is a blast.
    I used to do that, and than got into calling HS sports for a local radio statio.

I have done some football, lots of basketball, pleny of volleyball, and even wrestling one time (dont ask....small town....radio station carried as much athletics as possible, someone asked the owner if they were going to carry the upcoming wrestling.....I knew nothing about it, but got a good color man)

Ahhh....the good old days when I had more time to do fun things like that.
    Maybe after i am without kids again.

I hear ya NDVF66, once the kids come I think I'll have to give up my announcing and coaching and that would really suck. I'm actually going to announce some semi pro football team in the Milwaukee area coming up this fall, so that should be fun too!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I hear ya NDVF66, once the kids come I think I'll have to give up my announcing and coaching and that would really suck. I'm actually going to announce some semi pro football team in the Milwaukee area coming up this fall, so that should be fun too!
    you mean you're announcing for the Packers second string team???

;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Haha, I can't remember the name of the team. They are some non-profit team that is owned by a substitute teacher in my building, I want to say they are the Milwaukee Marauders, but I'm not sure. It's just a stepping stone before I move onto announcing the VIKINGS games!! Wouldn't that just be the greatest job ever!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks VKG4LFE, interesting read.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Haha, I can't remember the name of the team. They are some non-profit team that is owned by a substitute teacher in my building, I want to say they are the Milwaukee Marauders, but I'm not sure. It's just a stepping stone before I move onto announcing the VIKINGS games!! Wouldn't that just be the greatest job ever!!
    Milwaukee Bonecrushers

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

It is funny I have met PP.O members from England and Connecticut but still have never met you and you live about 15 minutes from me and work in West Bend. LOL. Do you still work at that place?

haha, I still work there occasionally. I basically took this summer off to get ready for my wedding, but I think I'll be working there again this fall or winter just ocassionally. We should definitely get together sometime. You should come over to my house and check out my VIKINGS and packers ;( basement! (note: there is way more vikings stuff!! haha)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12