marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

35 Questions with CTVikingfan

PP.O name: CTVikingfan
    Current City: Wolcott CT
    Hometown: East Hartford CT

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    Easy where I live and what I love

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family? I have two sisters one brother two step sisters and two step brothers. I grew up in a suburb of Hartford CT.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? I was an average Student I played Football all 4 years

4) What did you do after High School? Went to college and Played football for the University of New Haven Then went into the US ~ Army

5) What was your first job? I was a Bus boy for a steak house

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings? I played Midget Football for the VFW Vikings and Liked the Uniform First Vikings Game I watched that I remember was 1977.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc. Getting a Franny #10
    Jersey/shirt for Christmas It was the only thing I wanted that year.

8.) How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site? I was checking Different things on the net about the Vikes and Found an column from Capital J I followed his link to PPO.

9) What other sports teams do you follow? I like the Baltimore Orioles and I like Uconn Football and Basketball. I have season tickets for Both Uconn Football and Basketball

10) When you are not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time? I sell on EBay Both for myself and I am a Trading assistant on EBay

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    No

12) Where do you watch away Vikings games? Either at a Bar our at Home. Sometimes at Nordic Neds

13) What is your worst fear? Waking up and Finding Everything I ever wished for had come true.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy? Motorcycling Repairing small Engines Fishing Hunting and most outdoor activities.

15) What is your favorite food? New York Strip and Baked stuffed Shrimp

16) Where are some of the places you have been, and where are some of your favorites. I have been to all 48 continental states and three provinces in Canada.
    I have been Many Places while in the Army. Germany, Korea, Africa, Persian Gulf, Guam, Dominican Republic, Jamaica Bahamas Panama, Ecuador,
    Greece , Italy, Ireland. I think My favorite Places were Ireland and Mexico. Although I have been to Ireland three times I only really Remember one of the trips Well.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime? Get to the Metrodome for a Vikings Game. But I am going on Dec the 28th 2008

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be? Probably on a Huge Deer Farm somewhere out west.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do? Some day They will. After I make sure I am awake and not dreaming Wipe the tears from my eyes and make a whole lot of phone calls

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories? Meeting some of the members at the tailgate

21) Any bad habits?
    I smoke I drink

22) Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
    Multiple tatts

23) What type of music do you like? Almost everything. Mostly I would say southern rock or country

24) If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?
    To be able to talk to my Dad. (he has been gone for over 5 years) . I would wish for My back to be solid again. I would wish for my Mom to have enough money to live comfortable and be able to travel.

25) Name 1 thing not many people know about you. I make a mean Clam Chowder

26) If you could have any superpower, what would it be? To be able to fly. I could see more games at the dome that way.

27) If given a complete freedom to start afresh, what profession would you choose and why? I would probably be a Chef. I always wanted to. I love to cook

28) What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Jumped on Field at a Yankees red sox game.

29) Which is the most funniest prank played on you or played by you? I
    Had bought a brand new car. A friend of mine owned a towing service and put a smashed car exactly like mine in my driveway and hid my car after a night of drinking. Got me good

30) If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the five things that you would want to survive? A knife, some flint, a mirror, a first aid kit and a finger saw

31) If you could have dinner with any three people from any time, fictional or non-fictional, who would they be and why? My Dad, Albert Einstein, JFK,
    Geronimo, General Patton. Because they are all great Minds. They all Have made A dent in history.

32) What's the worst lie you ever told? Did you get caught? About cheating on my first wife. That’s why she is my Ex wife

33) How do you deal with someone you don't like?
    I try to ignore them.

34) What is your favorite movie and why? Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Jeff spicoli was great

35) Which is your most cherished childhood memory? Spending Time with My Dad Hunting and Fishing

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 35 Questions with CTVikingfan

Interesting read.

...3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? I was an average Student I played Football all 4 years

4) What did you do after High School? Went to college and Played football for the University of New Haven Then went into the US ~ Army

5) What was your first job? I was a Bus boy for a steak house

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings? I played Midget Football for the VFW Vikings and Liked the Uniform First Vikings Game I watched that I remember was 1977.
    Let's see, you played ball for 4 yrs in high school, played at the college level, and you're a midget.
    Perfect qualifications for being a ballboy and spreading rumors about offseason acquisitions.

28) What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Jumped on Field at a Yankees red sox game.
    What's the story behind this?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

good to know more about you, it was nive meeting you at the GIants game

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to know what happened next too.

Good stuff CTVikingfan

Jilly is offline Coach

Nice to know more about you CTVikingfan.
    It was fun reading about your cross country adventures with Ned a few weeks ago. I bet thats one trip you'll never forget.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Good read CTV.

My favorite Places were Ireland and Mexico.
    I loved Ireland too, especially the Guinness brewery.

Any bad habits? I smoke I drink
    Only one bad one I see there.

What is the craziest thing you have ever done? Jumped on Field at a Yankees red sox game.
    Fenway or Yankee Stadium?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Hunting, fishing..........We are kindred spirits my friend.

I am envious that you got to play at the next level and thank you for your service my freind.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

CTVikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"scottishvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to know what happened next too.

Good stuff CTVikingfan
    Pretty Simple I guess A bunch of freinds and i rented one of those charter busses to go to Yankme stadium to watch a game. We had plenty of food and way to much drink. On the trip down about three hours of a ride. Someone came up with the idea that noone had the Guts to go on feild I said I did but didnt have the money to get bailed out. Thankfully this was pre 9-11 the penalties are much worse now. So any way there was a collection plate passed there was enough for bail and another $500 so the rest is history. We got to the game during the 7th inning stretch i hopped over the wall ran across the infield trie to jump into the stands on the other side but security grabbed my legs and pulled me back down. Not much happened they made me leave no arrest. Told me not to come back and let me go to the Bus. I did go back and have had no issues. I do get thinking about jumping over any time I go to any game. I have so far resisted Though. Thanks for asking