Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 20 Questions w/ Webby

Good to see you could get around to sharing a little info on yourself.

It's always nice to see someone sharing an interest in the political game. I bet we differ in opinions in many ways. But I'm getting used to that.

Would you say you're administrator first and smart ass second, or is it the other way around?

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Webby" wrote:
    Because I have been a complete lameass getting these answered and returned to BLV, I figured I would save a few minutes posting at least.
    Mock away.

8}How did you decide to start pp.o?

Tequila fueled piss-fest with packer fans.

Proved that real fans can smack the snot out of the others and still build a decent site on the side.

I think those guys live in a van down by the river now eating government cheese.
    Given how much I dislike tequila - and the reason why (the "worst hangover ever") - this does not surprise me in the least.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

WILD, VIKINGS, Hershey Bears, Twins, Gophers.

Check in on Euro Football at points.
    What team in the EPL do you like?

And no Vest pics?

=Z=
    I used to have some favorites over there, but I get most gassed for the World Cup every 4 years.
    Back in 1994's (I think that was the year) I actually quit my job before it started and just reffed soccer for income that summer....watched most games I could while slugging back the official beer sponsor that year.
    Figured I better do it then before life gave me lots of responsibilities.
    Was a sweet, sweet month.
    I've always supported Germany's squad besides America's, but I have a few cinderella favorites every go round.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:

It's always nice to see someone sharing an interest in the political game. I bet we differ in opinions in many ways. But I'm getting used to that.

Would you say you're administrator first and smart jiggly butt second, or is it the other way around?
    My interest these days politically lies in plying the beaucracy and working to create sustainable long term solutions for the safety of my family and yours....we are starting to talk to the EU about integrating our solution over there too now that we have Canada on board working in collaboration with several US agencies....might get me a "fact finding" trip over the big pond.
    I don't much talk politics having been inside the beast and ran away from it....but I am not radical by any means in my beliefs.

TNT and others would tell you I am smart ass first, but Shock and Neumdog would say at the office I am a pain in the ass first.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Mexican.
    That and anything that is hot enough to make my scalp sweat.

WRONG ANSWER!!!!

Cajun's GUMBO would be the CORRECT answer...with enough Cajun Chef hot sauce to make your scalp sweat!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Would you say you're administrator first and smart jiggly butt second, or is it the other way around?
    My interest these days politically lies in plying the beaucracy and working to create sustainable long term solutions for the safety of my family and yours....we are starting to talk to the EU about integrating our solution over there too now that we have Canada on board working in collaboration with several US agencies....might get me a "fact finding" trip over the big pond.
    I don't much talk politics having been inside the beast and ran away from it....but I am not radical by any means in my beliefs.

TNT and others would tell you I am smart ass first, but Shock and Neumdog would say at the office I am a pain in the ass first.
    I guess I'm trying to do somewhat the same thing. I put my political work at a halt, now that I'm working at an agency under the government. Even if my work at statistics not is that much of a potentially political hot potato.

Thanks for your work on our common safety. I know and understand, how much our intelligence agency(ies) are heavily dependent on the cooperation with (mainly) the US and Britain, but also others.

We're small, but we fight our battles to our best ability over here, helping out as we can.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Wherever my wife and family is.
    I entertain ideas of DC to live closer to the political life, but quickly realize I would hate the 24/7, not having space and not driving past farm fields to get home.
    I love being in exurbia.

You could always live in the western part of Loudoun County...LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    Over 10 years, its unfair to call on one or another.

This site has meant so much to me...it grew from a learning pet project directed at hatred of the dillholes to the east to a really significant joy sharing Purple memories with people from around the world.
    Hell, Anglo from England was the third member and going on 8 years here and watched me go from raging d-horn to a more pleasant mediator....an d now we have 8000+ members.
    My favorite time is tailgate.
    Beyond, I love that no matter where my work travels take me, I get to meet members and enjoy the companionship of fellow Vikings fans....in DC kicking with Cajun, in PA where Ltrey and family took me in for a Vikings game while I was stuck away from the dome....which was beyond cool, and many other travels.
    Is the site going to have a 10th anniverasy banner?

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks for the read, i got a few laughs reading that too..great to get to know you better Webby
    ;D

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Webby,
    I have been impressed that the overall level of quality on here hasnt seemed to suffer since you have been splitting your time between running PPO and being on that show Beauty and the Geek these last few weeks.

I was watching with my daughter the other night when a contestent named "Tommy" (nice try at anonimity but we all know better) came on.
    You can try to tell us otherwise, but his description gave it away...

Tommy, a contestant on season five of Beauty of the Geek is known as the "Sweater Vest Enthusiast".

http://www.tv.com/tommy-/person/614372/summary.html

What I want to know is how the heck did you convince Mrs. Webby to let you live in that mansion with all those hotties?
    Man let us know the secret.

davike is offline Team Alumni

8}How did you decide to start pp.o?
    Tequila fueled piss-fest with packer fans.
    Proved that real fans can smack the snot out of the others and still build a decent site on the side.
    I think those guys live in a van down by the river now eating government cheese
    Hell, Anglo from England was the third member and going on 8 years here and watched me go from raging d-horn to a more pleasant mediator
    Thats great!
    ;D ;D I always wanted to know how the site got started.

Who would have known our own Webby was a raging d-horn at one point
    ;D

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast