Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

20 Questions w/ Webby

Because I have been a complete lameass getting these answered and returned to BLV, I figured I would save a few minutes posting at least.
    Mock away.

P.O name:
    Webby
    Eric
    Current City:

Stillwater
    Hometown:

Apple Valley

Monkey Slayer

1) How did you choose your screen name?

You guys gave it to me.
    Used to be Webmaster, but the nickname stuck.

Now I spin my webs with fewer letters.

2) Webby, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

Family of 4, lived in apple valley.
    Grew up in a new neighborhood with lots of outdoor activities with not a lot of kids...so those of us there had the run of many many acres of woodland.

Dad was a civil engineer, and mom became a Kindergarten teacher after me and my sis got a little older.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

As not much of a surprise to most, I actually tallied 22 activities in high school between sports, fine arts, and church.

Why be bored when you can get out there and learn?

Over time, I played soccer, basketball, swim team, football, and won some beach volleyball tourneys (oh to impress the ladies).
    Little known fact, I got drafted into the semi-pro amateur whatever league as a free safety.

4) What did you do after High School?
    Went to college, followed, you know, the usual track:
    drank insane amounts of beer, experimented with things and stuff, studied, eloped after a few weeks to Wi to get married by a sweaty judge named Booty Eklov, divorced.
    Oh, and helped manage 15 state political campaigns and 4 national ones while working with the Pres on advance work....they saw my psych background and gift of the Irish kaka del rio and knew I was cut out for politics and hired me right out of college.
    Also coordinate talent for two Presidential Inaugural Balls.

Ask me about nearly getting mugged in my tux on the Metro at 3 AM drunk after it all.

5)What was your first job?

I think it was at General Cinema or something named that.

It seemed cool to get free concessions and free movies.
    Weee.
    Those free nachos were important in high school, and just think, I could impress my date by skipping to the front of the line.
    *rolls eyes*

Although post script, I did get to date an aerobic instructor 5 years my senior so I think it all panned out, except for that damned fire in the break room.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?

Grew up on hockey, but got to tour the Dome before it opened live, and saw the first game the Vikings introduced the HORN.

Its always been around after that.

PPO came about after a drunken tequila fest at the Tampa game (Neumdog, is that right? the night of many foam fingers?), and I went home and ordered up PPO and went about making the greatest anti-inbreeding site around with the greatest packer bashing material around.

Did I mention I can now see Wisconsin from our bedroom and it disturbs me hearing the sheep cry at night?

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.

I love getting to talk to Chuck Foreman.
    I think most of my memories revolve around all you folks at games.
    Its what makes it really special for me.

8}How did you decide to start pp.o?

Tequila fueled piss-fest with packer fans.

Proved that real fans can smack the snot out of the others and still build a decent site on the side.

I think those guys live in a van down by the river now eating government cheese.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

WILD, VIKINGS, Hershey Bears, Twins, Gophers.

Check in on Euro Football at points.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Work.
    Work.
    Work.
    Well, that and spending time with my beautiful wife and little boy....and soon to meet the twins, due in August.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?

Just that I don't have a heart attack hating Childress' vanilla crap offense.

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?
    At the PPO Home Theatre:
    a 96" HD screen with full stadium seating and THX surround sound.

Wet bar included.

13)What is your worst fear?
    Business failure and letting my family down.

Inability to adequately protect the country in what I do.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Photography.

When I retire will fool with that part time.
    Had some stuff published, but would like to be more engaged ( ie tax write off travel!!!)

15) What’s your favorite food?

Mexican.
    That and anything that is hot enough to make my scalp sweat.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

Grew up going to the Canadian Rockies for the summer near Banff, Lake OHara, etc...its my second home.
    I think since we have the lake home now I have learned to love the Minnesota summers with the Mrs' family.
    Its something so very cool I never thought I would ever be priviledged enough to experience.
    A wonderful family.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    Hmmm.
    Be President.
    Of the fan club in my head.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Wherever my wife and family is.

I entertain ideas of DC to live closer to the political life, but quickly realize I would hate the 24/7, not having space and not driving past farm fields to get home.
    I love being in exurbia.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    Yes.
    and when it happens I will tattoo NeumDog with a big #4 dancing with a ballerina just to punish him for not believing it would happen.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    Over 10 years, its unfair to call on one or another.

This site has meant so much to me...it grew from a learning pet project directed at hatred of the dillholes to the east to a really significant joy sharing Purple memories with people from around the world.

Hell, Anglo from England was the third member and going on 8 years here and watched me go from raging d-horn to a more pleasant mediator....and now we have 8000+ members.

My favorite time is tailgate.
    Beyond, I love that no matter where my work travels take me, I get to meet members and enjoy the companionship of fellow Vikings fans....in DC kicking with Cajun, in PA where Ltrey and family took me in for a Vikings game while I was stuck away from the dome....which was beyond cool, and many other travels.

Thanks for reading....all smart jiggly butt remarks....start.........now:

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: 20 Questions w/ Webby

Thanks for the read my vest wearing friend.

;D

13)What is your worst fear?
    Business failure and letting my family down.
    Inability to adequately protect the country in what I do.
    As I said in another thread this morning, keep on fighting the good fight.
    I see no failure in that.

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Wherever my wife and family is.
    Gotta love the family man.

By the way, thanks for starting this site and keeping it going.
    It is the best fan site out there.
    ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Hey webby, thanks for a little glimspe of your world. Thanks for this awesome site that brings all us Viking fans together. I'm sure that fire in the break room would make a interesting thread.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting read Webby.
    Keep on bashing.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    Because I have been a complete lameass getting these answered and returned to BLV, I figured I would save a few minutes posting at least.
    Mock away.

8}How did you decide to start pp.o?

Tequila fueled piss-fest with packer fans.

Proved that real fans can smack the snot out of the others and still build a decent site on the side.

I think those guys live in a van down by the river now eating government cheese.
    Given how much I dislike tequila - and the reason why (the "worst hangover ever") - this does not surprise me in the least.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

WILD, VIKINGS, Hershey Bears, Twins, Gophers.

Check in on Euro Football at points.
    What team in the EPL do you like?

And no Vest pics?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice to meet you and get to know you better, Webby...and thanks for the great work keeping up this site and also in your professional life.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Even though I am in the group coined "Dillholes".. it was an enjoyable read. Thanks for a keeping up a great site and giving all a place to take a break from the real world grind.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    Even though I am in the group coined "Dillholes".. it was an enjoyable read. Thanks for a keeping up a great site and giving all a place to take a break from the real world grind.
    Hey, Webby - you still need to slap "Puker Yutz!" on this character as a title!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well have to say the site has changed an awful lot in all that time and you have mellowed a little with age.. not too much though to let the inbreds think you've accepted them
    ;D

A great site that I'm sure is not what you first were thinking off when it was started after that drinking binge with Neumdog ... lol

Hope things continue to go well in your personal and professional life
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

You walk around like you own the place...

Thanks for the info Webby, great read.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast