Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

20 Questions W / Renovikesfan

PP.O name: renovikesfan
    Current City: Reno, NV
    Hometown: Kind of a split between Livingston, MT and Elko, NV
    Occupation: Freelance philosopher and aspiring screenwriter (currently between PAYING jobs)

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    I was in kind of a hurry when I signed up, so I just used the first name that I figured wouldn't already be used.

2) Renovikesfan, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    Well, I grew up in a few different places.
    Livingston, MT...Anchorage, AK...Elko, NV...my family lives in all those places, as it's kind of spread out.
    My Mom and Dad are still married after 25+ years, and they're both retired.
    My only sibling is a sister that's 10 years older than me, married, and has 2 daughters who each have 2 kids of their own.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? Throughout most of school, I was pretty much just a geek/dork/nerd, then I started smoking, and hanging out with the stoners and metalheads.
    That upped my "cool" status a bit.
    LOL
    No school clubs...esp. in high school...those were the kids that got laughed at, at least...beat up, at worst.
    In grade school, I was in a play or two and a spelling bee.

4) What did you do after High School? Dropped out in my sophomore year, but got my GED at the Wolf Creek Job Corp up in Oregon.
    Just kind of drifted from job to job for awhile after that.

5)What was your first job? Flipping burgers...I think.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings? My fandom originally started in 1981 when I was about 10...I discovered that I had Viking heritage from my grandmother on my Dad's side (she moved to America from Norway as a child).
    My dedication to the actual team itself and it's place in the League was around the mid-to-late 80's.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc. I think my all-time favorite experience would've been my first ever home game...it was a regular season game against the Bears, and the atmosphere in the Dome was unlike anything I'd ever experienced.
    They won that one, and all the other home games I went to after that.

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site? I believe the site got mentioned in a Vikings Email group I used to belong to, so I came and checked the site out.
    What attracted me most to it, and has caused me to visit everytime I get internet access, is the ability to stay up to date on current news, and the "Family" feel I get from it.

9) What other sports teams do you follow? "Other sports teams"?
    What is this you speak of?
    LOL

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time? Watching movies, reading, watching movies, playing video games, watching movies, drawing, and, ummmm...oh yeah, watching movies.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games? No...but I do find myself taking the Lord's name in vain alot DURING the games.

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games? The same place I usually wind up watching home games...at a Bully's sports bar.
    That is, unless the game happens to be shown locally, and then I watch it in the comfort of my own living room where I'm free to curse and blast on my touchdown horn as much as I want...which, as a ritual, is 1 blast for FGs, sacks, INTs, and safeties, and
    blasts for TDs.[/b]

13)What is your worst fear? As a fan?
    Waking up and realizing I don't have a team anymore because they moved.
    As a person?
    Getting burnt to death or stung to death by hornets.
    Or both...that'd suck doubly.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy? Drawing.

15) What’s your favorite food? Steak, shrimp, lobster, and pizza.
    I like them all equally.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites. Hoo, boy...ok, I'll go in chronological order for the states I actually lived in, and give the states I've passed through or visited in random order.
    LOL
    Montana (x2), Alaska, Nevada (homebase), California, Oregon, Arizona, Utah, Missouri, Florida, Maine, and Minnesota. I've been through Idaho, Colorado, Washington, Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Kansas, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Alabama, and Mississippi.
    Been to Canada and Mexico, but never out of North America, and I hope to change that someday.
    Out of ALL those places, Oregon, Montana, and Alaska were my favorites.
    The scenery up in Oregon is stunning...wal king along some of the trails up in those mountains makes you wonder if a dinosaur is gonna pop out.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime? Be a father..

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be? Up in the Oregon mountains, alongside a nice-sized lake in a 2 story log cabin.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do? I absolutely believe it...and when they finally do win it ALL, I have a little pipe in the shape of a Vikings helmet that I've been saving for just such an occasion...I intend to fill it with, uhhh, "tobacco", and bask in the glorious ambience of it all.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories? Sharing the joy of AD's record-breaking performance against the Chargers.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 20 Questions W / Renovikesfan

good read, thank you for posting this Ned

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Reno, interesting read.
    If you get a chance, post some of your drawings.
    Would love to see them.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Ahh, good old Elko, NV.
    I have spent many a night there, and I almost took a job that would have moved me there.
    That is one wild place!

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such? Throughout most of school, I was pretty much just a geek/dork/nerd, then I started smoking, and hanging out with the stoners and metalheads.
    That upped my "cool" status a bit
    I'm 36 as well and I was probably a fan of metal about the same time as you, I saw a lot of bands around the late 80's, Def Leppard, Kiss, Anthrax, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden and The Cult are the ones that immediately spring to mind. Although I cut my hair and stopped listening to metal music as I grew older, I am now at the stage where I just appreciate music whatever genre regardless of its "cool" factor. That's why I love Guitar Hero, it doesn't get much better than "playing" Slayer and Rage Against the Machine songs.
    ;D

Nice to hear a bit about you as well BTW.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Where were you when I was in Vegas? Just kidding. Thanks for sharing.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

LOL, Turboe...I have to believe you're joking.
    I was SOOOO glad to get out of that vacuum of a town!
    Scottish, I'm with you on all the bands you mentioned, except probably Def Leppard.
    LOL

Marstc...if I ever get back to watch a game at the Dome again, I'll give you advance notice, ok?

Thanks for responding, folks!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice read, Scott.

aspiring screenwriter
    Good luck with your screenwriting. Anything of note?

Definitely would!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Nice read, Scott.

aspiring screenwriter

Definitely would!

Actually, I've got something like 20 different ideas, but I haven't been able to get anything started yet.
    Things are more than a little chaotic for me right now, seeing as how I'm living with 3 other adults (my wife, her sister, and a roommate), a toddler, and a newborn in a 1 bedroom apartment.
    LOL

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    Nice read, Scott.

aspiring screenwriter

Definitely would!

Actually, I've got something like 20 different ideas, but I haven't been able to get anything started yet.
    Things are more than a little chaotic for me right now, seeing as how I'm living with 3 other adults (my wife, her sister, and a roommate), a toddler, and a newborn in a 1 bedroom apartment.
    LOL

How about a screenplay named "Five's Company"?.
    God luck with your dream.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast