marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

20 Questions with Vikesfan787

DON'T FORGET TO ADD YOUR PHOTOS!

PP.O name: VikesFan787
    Current City: Erie, Pa
    Hometown: Erie, Pa

1) How did you choose your screen name?
    This is one of my AOL Instant Messenger screen names.

2) VikesFan787, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?
    I grew up in Erie PA. I have lived in the same house my whole life and love the city of Erie. I live with my little brother (Clayton), my mother (Linda), my father (Chris), my grandma (Ruthie), and my mutt (Daizy). My mother and I are real close and I can always tell her what's on my mind. My father is more of the disciplinary type. He has taught me work ethic, responsibility, and told me things that have saved me from making dumb mistakes. He is also a big Viking's fan. He says he became a Viking's fan when he was younger and my grandfather let him have a full can of pop while watching a Viking's game, and the Vikings won.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I was a class clown in high school. Although, I did pass my classes with A's, B's, and an occasional C. My friends and I used to have the teacher laughing. Haha. I didn't play any sports for my high school (East High School) because I hated the coach and he couldn't coach at all.

4) What did you do after High School?
    After high school I jumped right into the school district as a janitor. I figure this job should last a while. I'm waiting to be appointed so that I can get benefits.

5)What was your first job?
    I worked part time at my cousin's beer distributor, Ace Beer Company. I used to deliver beer and stock the cooler.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    After my father took me with him to my Uncle's house in December to watch a Viking game in his garage. I remember we had a fire going and everyone was bundled up, we also had a bucket of snow we could pee in. I almost ate it.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.
    The best memory I have of Minnesota is when Randy Moss flipped the ball to Moe Williams for a touchdown!

8}How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    I found this site on Google when I was searching for Viking's news. I decided to join and it has become a place I log onto daily. (Even though I am not a heavy poster)

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    I follow the Phoenix Suns.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    I am a HEAVY football card collector and I love to make signatures on photoshop. I also love to play football with my buddies and hanging out with my cousin playing video games and just doing stupid stuff.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    I pray that the announcers never talk about the '98 Viking's vs.. Falcon's game. Sad

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?
    I usually watch the helmets move on NFL.com or find a live feed online.

13)What is your worst fear?
    I fear being buried alive.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Football card collecting, video games, football, relaxing, and cheering on the Vikings!

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Chinese food!

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    I once went on vacation with my family in a stone cabin where we had to rough it. It was someplace outside of Pittsburgh.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    I want to pull an Adrian Peterson autograph out of '07 Playoff Contenders! (football card brand)

18) f you could live anywhere where would it be?
    Minneapolis, Minnesota, duh!

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    I honestly do. I will probably scream uncontrollably and call all my friends to rub it in.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    Don't really have one, but if I have to say it would have to be when a Texan's fan argued with a Viking's fan on the sight and then, we won!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 20 Questions with Vikesfan787

Deja vu...nice to know about you Vikesfan87.

I worked part time at my cousin's beer distributor, Ace Beer Company. I used to deliver beer and stock the cooler.
    Now that's a job.

The best memory I have of Minnesota is when Randy Moss flipped the ball to Moe Williams for a touchdown!
    That was pretty awesome.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    After my father took me with him to my Uncle's house in December to watch a Viking game in his garage. I remember we had a fire going and everyone was bundled up, we also had a bucket of snow we could pee in. I almost ate it.
    Glad to hear that you decided to pass on the Sioux Falls Snowcone.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Unforgettable
    8)

Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for sharing my friend...

5)What was your first job?
    My dream job.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

A beer guy that works at a grade school, perfect.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I'm from Erie, PA as well... I moved out there in '97 and graduated from McDowell HS in 2000. My parents still live there.

Ace Beer... many fond High School memories of that place... some not so fond.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.