Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

20 Questions with ThatJustHappened28

PP.O name: ThatJustHappened28
    Current City: Mankato, MN
    Hometown: Tulsa, OK

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I just really love the saying "That Just Happened" which is kind of cocky but I love it. Plus with the 28 behind it, you often see your self either saying "That Just Happened" or "Did That Just Happen?" after Adrian busts a run off. haha

2) ThatJustHappen ed28, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I was born in Tulsa, OK and lived there with my mother, father and brother until I was about three. My parents split and my mom had a job offer in Belle Plaine, MN, however she didn't have adequate money to support us and move there so we stayed at a women's shelter for a few months until she could get a home. I was raised in Mankato at a house very close to Vikes_King's place so we grew up together. Brother has been through a lot of stuff and my mom is the single hardest worker I'll ever know working at least two jobs at all time in her life.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

I was just your average high school student. I was enrolled at Mankato West and played varsity hockey all three years I was enrolled there. Played varsity football my junior year and varsity soccer my senior year where we got second in state, which was really awesome. Got to play on the same field as the Vikes less than 24 hours after them.

4) What did you do after High School?

I'm currently enrolled at Minnesota State University-Mankato. Got a couple odd jobs to make some money and working pretty hard to get a degree in Human Resources Management.

5)What was your first job?

My mom's boyfriend has his own construction company which he gave me a job a few summers ago. I worked real hard for about 3 summers than realized I NEED to go to college so I don't have to do that forever haha.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?

To be completely honest, I used to LOVE the Vikings when Moss/Carter were on the team, but when we traded Moss away I lost my dedication to the team, granted I was younger. I become a die-hard fan the second we drafted Adrian Peterson. I've followed him since he was in high school when he committed to Oklahoma. (I'm the biggest Oklahoma fan on this site)

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.

I have two. One was when me, Vikes_King, and a couple buddies went to the Chargers game when Adrian Peterson broke the record. Since I am probably his biggest fan... It was a huge deal to me. Second was when I went to quick trip randomly for a cigar with some buddies and he was there cleaning his BMW 720 V12 riding on 20's or something, he asked us to help us clean them, gave us $100 and took some pics with us which was awesome! (his rookie year)

Cool How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

Vikes_King was always talking about it, I love the Vikings so I decided to check it out, he warned me it was going to be addictive... he was right! haha

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

OKLAHOMA by far is the team I follow the most. (Football/Basketball), Detroit Pistons, New Jersey Devils, Minnesota Twins... It's really hard to tell because I'm literally always watching sports so I love it all.

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Eating, Watching ESPN (but I'm usually doing both at the same time), Hanging out with my girlfriend, class, working out.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?

No I just get all excited and tense up!
    Grin

12)Where do you watch away Vikings games?

On my TV.

13)What is your worst fear?

my mom dying... ESH!

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Playing sports, Watching sports, MOVIES, Music, food!

15) What’s your favorite food?

I was hoping to get asked this question... ORANGE CHICKEN!!!
    Grin

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

This past October I went to Turtle Bay Resort in Hawaii which was absolutely amazing. (the resort they go to in Forgetting Sarah Marshall). Boundary Waters is really calming.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Go on a long road trip with some of my best friends. (possibly all over the states?)

18)If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Eden Prairie, right next door to Adrian
    Grin

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?

Yes, and I think that will be soon. No idea, pry go streaking or something.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

Not quite sure... haven't been here long, but i do love my signature (thanks again!) and just how funny and tight all you guys are.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: 20 Questions with ThatJustHappened28

Nice to get to know you! I didn't know you were that young. You seems older in your post (that's a compliment by the way
    )

We have plenty of things in common! I was a Vikings fan before we drafter Adrian Peterson, but it wasn't untill we drafted AD that I become the Die Hard fan that I am now. Plus, I also want to take a road trip through the USA, and "Playing sports, Watching sports, MOVIES, Music, food" is pretty much the same thing that I enjoy

PS: Love you sign!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Good interesting read, man. Your Mom sounds like a special kind of person...I'm sure you have some big plans for her for Mother's Day.

I also like Orange Chicken while watching a good movie!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    Good interesting read, man. Your Mom sounds like a special kind of person...I'm sure you have some big plans for her for Mother's Day.

I also like Orange Chicken while watching a good movie!
    She's a very strong woman thats for sure, has done very well for herself.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

Thank you fellas! I know I am young, yet I believe I can contribute in a positive way... very similar to Vikes_King.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

I'm 19 too from LA not
    a lot to do out here until your 21.

SharperImage42

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Interesting stuff from a good poster. BTW, just from that small bit of info your mom sounds like an amazing woman.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"B-Twice87" wrote:
    I'm 19 too from LA not
    a lot to do out here until your 21.
    pretty much the same as anywhere :P altho I'm sure there's a little bit more to do in a town like LA than there is in a town of 44,000 people in south central Minnesota.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What a interesting read my friend.
    Thanks....

my mom had a job offer in Belle Plaine, MN, however she didn't have adequate money to support us and move there so we stayed at a women's shelter for a few months until she could get a home. .....snip..... and my mom is the single hardest worker I'll ever know working at least two jobs at all time in her life.
    Porps to your Mom and HUGE props to you for realizing it.
    Sad to see alot of parents working thier asses off for thier kids without the kids realizing it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    5)What was your first job?

My mom's boyfriend has his own construction company which he gave me a job a few summers ago. I worked real hard for about 3 summers than realized I NEED to go to college so I don't have to do that forever haha.
    Good thing to realize, probably more valuable than the money you were making at least.

Great read, thanks!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast