Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

20 Questions with Rockmolder

PP.O name: Rockmolder
    Current City: Nieuw Buinen, The Netherlands
    Hometown: Nieuw Buinen, The Netherlands

1) How did you choose your screen name?

I used to play some game where one of the endbosses had this name. I pretty much just stole it.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I lived in this little village all my life. About 5000 residents. Itís close to a decently big town, though, so itís not like Iím that isolated here.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

I played soccer from when I was 7 till about 14. I was pretty good at it. Got scouted by a pro-teamís developmental program. Didnít go there, though, as I couldnít stand living far away from my family at age 9. I doubt if they wouldíve let me go there, anyway. It pretty much went downhill from there, until I just quit the sport all together.

4) What did you do after High School?

Study on. I graduated high school a little short of a year ago.

5) What was your first job?

My grandpa lives next to a farmer. I spent some time on a tractor, pretty much picking up hey. It was horribly boring. My first real job is the one I still have. I work in a local supermarket stocking the shelves. The pay sucks, the hours arenít that great and the work itself makes your mind go numb, but at least it gets me some money. There are worse jobs out there.

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the [strike]Minnesota Vikings[/strike] Green Bay Packers?

Thatís a pretty funny story, actually.

A distant friend of mine sent me NFL street. I didnít have the slightest clue what I was doing, but it was somewhat interesting. My interest in the sport kind off faded away again after that .

Quite a while later though, I was watching TV. Football usually does not get any broadcasting time here at all. For some reason though, a Dutch channel bought the broadcasting rights to the Seahawks Ė Steelers Super Bowl. I think it was mainly to hype the Amsterdam Admirals a bit. Anyway, it aired in the middle of the night here, so I was Ďluckyí than I couldnít sleep. I watched the game, still not understanding a whole lot about it, but it was better than the 200 erotic adds.

Again, quite a while later, I was looking for a new game for my PS2. I saw ESPN NFL 2K5 for just 20 euroís at the local gameshop. Remembering NFL street and the SB, I bought the game and started playing. I learned a lot about the game of football while playing. I started to take a liking to the Packers uniforms and the fact that they had a great QB (Favre), WR (Driver) and RB (Green) while not being a totally dominant team.

Maybe itís not the greatest way to become a fan, but hey, I got there and Iím a huge fan right now.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that has to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc.

The trade for Walker was a fair one. McCownís last second TD pass was pretty good, as well. Although I canít help but feel a bit bad for Anderson as a person, his missed kick was somewhat good. :laugh:

8) How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

Pack93 and Foster sparked my interest in this place. I registered, got accused of not being a good fan after I said something, went away, came back a bit later and made a post that was receiver a bit better. Been pretty much roaming around here ever since.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

PSV to a certain extend. The Brewers a bit. If I do watch NBA, itís usually the Timberwolves. Ice skating is pretty much something you have to follow if youíre Dutch. National teams in all sports.

10) When you are not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Working, going to school, playing games, watching TV, going out, etc.

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?

No. And not before any Packers games, either.

12) Where do you watch away Vikings games?

If the Packers arenít on, at home, behind my PC, watching NFL Game Pass. Where I pretty much watch every game.

13) What is your worst fear?

Family members passing away.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

Gaming and, obviously, football related stuff. Iím actually thinking about joining a team. My build might make me more suitable for the coaching staff than actually playing, though. Lol.

15) What is your favorite food?

Spare ribs. I donít think that thereís anything as good as well prepared spare ribs.

16) Where are some of the places you have been, and where are some of your favorites.

I havenít travelled a lot. Furthest Iíve gone is East-Germany and North-Belgium. I must say that I really liked Antwerp and Mechelen.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Play football myself. Go to Tokyo, Green Bay, Miami and/or Las Vegas.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Green Bay is awfully cold, but obviously has its perks. Miami would be pretty great. I have to say that Iím not too unhappy over here in the Netherlands, though.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?

If thereís a new CBA and they keep the same personnel around, I think they will. First thing I would do is prepare for a very, very long off-season and avoid Mars at all costs.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

The discussion I had with Marrdro in a thread about the Packers conversion to the 3-4. He pretty much listened to me, instead of shooting my down like a biased Packers fan. That goes for a lot of members, though. Thereís a pretty big amount of people from other teams roaming around these boards. Usually, their points get taken seriously and they can just join in on the discussions etc. going on.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:20 Questions with Rockmolder

Enjoyed the read Rock. Do you still get out and play soccer?

I highlighted the following things from your spield because they seemed pertinent to the progression of you becoming a packer fan.

...I pretty much just stole it...
    ...I lived in this little village all my life...
    ...My grandpa lives next to a farmer. I spent some time on a tractor, pretty much picking up hey. It was horribly boring...
    ...I watched the game, still not understanding a whole lot about it, but it was better than the 200 erotic adds...
    10) When you are not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?[/b]

Working, going to school, playing games, watching TV, going out, etc.
    ...If the Packers arenít on, at home, behind my PC...
    ...Green Bay is awfully cold, but obviously has its perks...
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

21) When was the first time you realized it you liked sheeps?

jk,nice read european bud.
    El underdog.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Nice to know more about you Detlev.

Being a geography nut, I had to check the map to see where Nieuw Buinen is located...and it happens to be near the border with Deutschland. Just thought I'd throw that in, for no particluar reason.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?
    I notice you didn't mention what kind of High School student you were. But your English is certainly better than my Dutch. Keep on posting, you and the other Green and Gold fans you mentioned are always welcome here.

P.S. What does the avatar symbolize?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike wrote:
    Nice to know more about you Detlev.

Being a geography nut, I had to check the map to see where Nieuw Buinen is located...and it happens to be near the border with Deutschland. Just thought I'd throw that in, for no particluar reason.

I notice you didn't mention what kind of High School student you were. But your English is certainly better than my Dutch. Keep on posting, you and the other Green and Gold fans you mentioned are always welcome here.

P.S. What does the avatar symbolize?
    I was a pretty lazy high school student, actually. You have 6 levels of high school over here. I got in on the 6th level coming out of elementary school. I did absolutely nothing but screw around and, because of that, I failed German and French horribly and got knocked down two levels. I then coasted through the 4th level, adding two years to get through the 5th level of high school. Took me 6 years, just as long as the 6th level would normally take. Really screwed myself over on that one. I could've walked onto any university if I wanted. I guess that, in essence, it's my own fault for not doing anything, but I still don't get that you put that kind of responsibility on 12 and 13 year olds. Your actions on that age pretty much define what kind of work you'll be doing your entire life.

/rant

The avatar is a Candy Corn Vampire. Pretty much a vampire with candy corn fangs. That's all I know.

Nice post there, Prophet. Lol.

And ty, Banana.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What a great read my friend. Thanks

Rockmolder wrote:
    20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?

The discussion I had with Marrdro in a thread about the Packers conversion to the 3-4. He pretty much listened to me, instead of shooting my down like a biased Packers fan. That goes for a lot of members, though. Thereís a pretty big amount of people from other teams roaming around these boards. Usually, their points get taken seriously and they can just join in on the discussions etc. going on.
    That was one heck of a good discussion, but correct me if I'm wrong, we did have a pretty good discussion (in several threads actually) about your OL and that damn LB I am growing to despise about as much as Ole Noodle arm.

I played soccer from when I was 7 till about 14. I was pretty good at it. Got scouted by a pro-teamís developmental program.
    I envy people with physical talent. :P

On a side note, I am glad you withstood the first fews stages that I like to call "PPO Growing Pains". Most "Non Vikings" fans attempt to get through it and fail. Hell, we've had some pretty smart "Vikings" fans fail to get throught it.

Puts you on the special spread sheet with the likes of Cogs and our other "Overseas" posters.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Cool real name. It is my goal to get to the Netherlands some day.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Wow I would have never guessed you were from there

Play your madden game!!! lol

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Detlev, my favorite commie! =D

Anyway, I knew most of this stuff already (just didn't know the PP.O geared stuff), but still, great read. I loved your rant on your education system. It's so damn true!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmolder
    8) How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?

Pack93 and Foster sparked my interest in this place. I registered, got accused of not being a good fan after I said something, went away, came back a bit later and made a post that was receiver a bit better. Been pretty much roaming around here ever since.
    BS. I brought you over. =)
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast