Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 20 Questions List and template

Should those who are already done the questions answer the new ones and update previous answers? I just read over mine and noticed how some of the answers have changed.
    We're bringing purple back.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

gregair13 wrote:
    Should those who are already done the questions answer the new ones and update previous answers? I just read over mine and noticed how some of the answers have changed.
    I would. Some of the new members need to fill these out and post them.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Guess I started this when it was only 20 but got it finished now

PP.O name: vikinggreg
    Current City: Kamloops BC
    Hometown: Regina Saskatchewan

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Lack of imagination and laziness, Vikings + me = vikinggreg; laziness, forgot to us caps for Vikings and my name.

2) vikinggreg, could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I was born in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan, my father was stationed at the forces base there and my mother was a nurse at the hospital where I was hatched. May dad left the forces where he was a weather observer and went to work with Environment Canada in the same field of work. We moved around for the next 4 years Ottawa, Regina (my younger brother arrived), Thunder Bay and returned to Regina where my parents bought a house.

Our house was across the street from the elementary I went to and my two best friends where neighbours. In the summer we played football on the school lawn, despite the keep off the lawn signs and the winter was all hockey. We played hockey in driveways, road hockey for the bigger games and a few years later a rink was flooded at the school. One of my friend’s dad worked for Sask Power and he put up lights at the rink to keep us off the road where we played some of the night games. I also played league hockey from the age 5 to 13, the last year I played my dad was our teams coach (original coach had to leave the team at the end of preseason and I volunteered my father to take over) and I did a ton of the paperwork, arranging practises, player/game stats and car pool scheduling etc. It was a great year, we finished 2nd in the league knocking off the number one team in the playoffs, the coach of the other team was going for his 3rd city title and I played on his team the previous two years. We had nothing left for the finals the next night and came up short. I didn’t play after that year, my parents separated and with the start High School I began doing other things.

3) What type of student where you in High School? Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any school clubs and such?

…..High School was some of the best miss spent years of my life; I started these years with good intensions. I worked on my studies to get good grades in the beginning, mostly in sciences and math, I was hoping to become a pilot in the Canadian Forces but by the time I was 16 I had to get glasses to correct a vision issue that developed, Nike didn’t have their vision center at that time and it did seem to help Troy out. Being that there are only a dozen jets in our Air Force poor vision is somewhat frowned upon. At that point I wasn’t as concerned about my grades and started to play more sports, missed out on basketball due to bad timing with the flu and end up playing a year of volleyball in grade nine. Played a couple of games on the school hockey team as a spare and did a little track (slow sprinter, 1500 m and relay) but found my way to the football team. Grade 10 junior team was fun, played corner and we finished 3rd. First year on the senior team wasn’t as good, had a bad beginning to the year with shin splints and moved to safety. Didn’t dress until the end of the season and got food poisoning for our first playoff game and missed the game, we lost and the season was done. Senior year was better, marks were good solid C’s with no effort spent there but the last year of football I was my primary focus, had a great spring camp and during fall training camp compressed a disk in my neck and it hurt like hell. Had one bad game that year, head was stuck in butt, but did better in our playoff game, coach cut me loose on several safety blitz’s B) . We only allowed 43 points that year, one loss, had a first round bye but lost to the team that got us during the season.

A week or two after the end of the football season a friend of mine called me about a job at a hotel restaurant as a busboy, it was a union hotel and the pay was good and there were tips too, down side there were several late nights during the week and school work suffered. With the money I made I did get my first car that was mine 77 Cobra II(was using a 76 Mini my dad was trying to sell me) and bought a motorcycle. Stopped wearing my letterman jacket as these became my black leather jacket years.

4) What did you do after High School?
    Worked and partied

5) What was your first job?
    Sold soft drinks in the stands at Rider games in Regina

6) When did you decide to be such a dedicated fan of the Minnesota Vikings?
    We got cable TV and the NFL game feeds were from Fargo, we got the Viking games. My dad grew up in Manitoba and was a fan of Bud Grant so it was just kinda natural to fallow the Vikings.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories that have to do with the Vikings or one of its past or present players, coaches, etc?
    Too many but one was Bud coming out of retirement after the Les Steckel year, Vikings game on Thanksgiving vs Cowboys with Moss’ 3 tds, and Moss mooning packer fans

8) How did you come to find PP.O and what attracted you most to the site?
    Google search found PPo and I guess it was some of the personalities, Cajun nude photo requests, Ultra’s warm fussy, Del's stories,...well just to many good people to mention but mostly the sarcasm keeps me going, love it.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
    Vancouver Canucks, Toronto Maple Leafs, Saskatchewan Roughriders

10) When you’re not on PPO what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
    Hiding from my wife…..unless I think I’m going to get lucky, but mostly hiding in man cave

11) Do you say a special prayer before Vikings games?
    no

12) Where do you watch away Vikings games?
    Man Cave

13) What is your worst fear?
    More than 1 wife and hearing “your son got my daughter pregnant”

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
    Skiing, cooking, motor sports (used to drag race Saskatoon, did some rally officiating), retired kids baseball coach, retired hockey dad, would like to golf, BBQing, home reno stuff and I guess falling off my mountain bike, pretending I keep a good lawn.

15) What’s your favorite food?
    Love to eat, hard to think of one thing, just about anything I BBQ or even a good simple bacon cheeseburger ………mmmmm bacon

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
    Got really sick in Mexico (raw oysters and tequila), Atlanta, LA, Seattle, all over Western Canada but my favourite place is home.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
    That’s simple Vikings home game, next visit family in Sweden

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
    I am pretty happy where I’m at but wouldn’t mind living at Sun Peaks or at a lake near here.

19) Do you believe the Vikings will have their big day someday? When they do win the Super Bowl, what will be the first thing you think you will do?
    Jump up, scream, faint, cry, miss a few days of work due to celebrating, and probably not talk to my wife for about week after she tells me to smarten up its just a football game.

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite PPO memories?
    Del’s and the Peta lady was the best

21) Any bad habits?
    Smoking cigarettes and rolling my eyes when my wife is talking.

22) Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
    Viking’s tattoo, used to have an earring

23) What type of music do you like?
    Classic rock mostly

24) If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?
    1 Healthy, successful children
    2 Being at the Super Bowl and watching the Vikings win it
    3 AC Cobra

25) Name 1 thing not many people know about you.
    I’m not as smart as you tink I am

26) If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
    Wolverine’s ability to heal, broken or torn things that now nag me later in life, could also make me immune to a hangover.

27) If given a complete freedom to start afresh, what profession would you choose and why?
    Race car driver any type, NASCAR, NHRA, rally, F1 or CART (guess its now INDY)

28) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
    Eating raw oysters and drinking tequila in Mexico

29) Which is the funniest prank played on you or played by you?
    Getting married and having children, but I’m not sure who’s been pranked

30) If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what are the five things that you would want to survive?
    Satellite TV and radio, self stocking beer fridge, BBQ and Swedish women’s bikini beach volleyball team

31) If you could have dinner with any three people from any time, fictional or non-fictional, who would they be and why?
    Carroll Shelby, Bud Grant and Chuck Yeager. Mostly just to listen to the manly men stories, fast cars, football, war stories, hunting and fishing, stuff like that.

32) What's the worst lie you ever told? Did you get caught?
    Not much of a lair so near really had much of a problem with this, more of a problem of being too truthful. My son once ask me at the dinner table if mom was my best friend and I said “no”, explaining I can call my best friend an idiot which is something I couldn’t call my wife….. didn’t make it better.

33) How do you deal with someone you don't like?
    I ignore them and mock them

34) What is your favorite movie and why?
    American Graffiti, the hotrods, music, cruising and racing remind my most of a simple happy time between youth and responsibility.

35) Which is your most cherished childhood memory?
    Getting a dog when I was 4 that I had for 13 years

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

vikinggreg wrote:
    Guess I started this when it was only 20 but got it finished now

PP.O name: vikinggreg
    Good read, vikinggreg. Nice to get to know you. I'll probably be putting up my own list soon.

Maybe it should be posted as a new thread, though, so people can find it easier?

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112