Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: YOUR Good Cop Stories

My brother in law's best friend is severely allergic to peanuts. He accidentally ingested some a few years ago and went into anaphylactic shock.

My brother in law threw him in the car and started speeding to the hospital (which was only a few miles away). A cop pulled them over for speeding, but when the situation was explained and he saw what was going on, he let them go since they were close to the hospital.

He was only a few minutes from dying....so the cop letting them go helped save his life.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I posted this in another thread originally, but this thread needs a bump, and it fits pretty well.

Once in highschool I ran out of gas on my way from school to the gas station. I had a shitty dodge shadow with the plastic bumper
    cover missing just leaving the steel bumper. Cop stopped, I told him the problem and he said to put the car in nutral and he'd push me. I was suprised when he went about 40mph(in a 30) the mile or so to the gas station. Didn't lecture me or anything, just helped me out and was on his way.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    My brother in law's best friend is severely allergic to peanuts. He accidentally ingested some a few years ago and went into anaphylactic shock.

My brother in law threw him in the car and started speeding to the hospital (which was only a few miles away). A cop pulled them over for speeding, but when the situation was explained and he saw what was going on, he let them go since they were close to the hospital.

He was only a few minutes from dying....so the cop letting them go helped save his life.

I saw this in the news recently...might be worth a try if he still suffers from it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509274,00.html
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I posted this in another thread originally, but this thread needs a bump, and it fits pretty well.

Once in highschool I ran out of gas on my way from school to the gas station. I had a shitty dodge shadow with the plastic bumper
    cover missing just leaving the steel bumper. Cop stopped, I told him the problem and he said to put the car in nutral and he'd push me. I was suprised when he went about 40mph(in a 30) the mile or so to the gas station. Didn't lecture me or anything, just helped me out and was on his way.
    LMAO!
    I forgot all about that.
    Gave us a good enough push to roll right up to the pumps if I recall correctly.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Story 1:

One time I was driving back towards our high school from the DMV with my new tabs on the passenger seat (I had just got a car wash so was gonna wait till my next stop to apply).
    Wouldn't you know it in that couple mile drive I get pulled over.
    I'm sitting there on the side of the road as half my high school drives by since school just let out.

A car full of girls I go to school with drive by, point and laugh at my misfortune.
    Moments (seconds) later as the cop is handing me a warning ticket we both hear a loud screech of the tires...
    We both look over to see the girls who were laughing slam into the back of another car.
    They were too busy gawking at me to pay attention to the road.
    I laughed so hard I had tears coming out...the cop immediately ran across the road to check if they were OK.
    Karma is a bitch.

Cop let me go as soon as he saw the tabs on my seat which was the reasonable thing to do IMO.

Story 2:

Was driving to the cities with JmC back when we were younger and dumber.
    We get pulled over and something illegal fell out of JmC's pocket while the cop was asking for his license.
    Instead of giving us a ticket he made us empty the car of all it's illegal contents and then proceeded to smash them on the side of the road.
    He let us off the hook almost scott free.
    No phone calls to the parents or anything...more like give me all your goods and nobody gets in trouble.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Story 2:

Was driving to the cities with JmC back when we were younger and dumber.
    We get pulled over and [size=11pt]something illegal fell out of JmC's pocket[/size] while the cop was asking for his license.
    Instead of giving us a ticket he made us empty the car of all it's illegal contents and then proceeded to smash them on the side of the road.
    He let us off the hook almost scott free.
    No phone calls to the parents or anything...more like give me all your goods and nobody gets in trouble.
    Goddamn kids and their nuclear weapons.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

aceclown is offline Coach

Was walking with a buddy on our way to the bar a couple weeks ago, and me, like an idiot decided to pour my remaining jack and coke into
    a sierra mist bottle to down on our way to the bar.
    On our way to the bar the cop sees me walking with a bottle of sierra mist that is clearly not sierra mist lol.
    So he stops us and I figure I'm getting at the very least, a ticket.
    Fortunately for me this cop actually had a heart and a good deal of common sense- he asked me what was in the bottle, i told him jack and coke, and he thanked me for being straight with him.
    He told me that what I was doing was illegal, and simply asked me to pour out the last bit of jack and coke and let me go.
    Shook his hand and said thank you, and that was that.
    Good Cop (IMO) lol.

Chuch.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Haha one time when I was like 17 or so I found a bottle of E&J outside.. I was like sweet.. Not even opened ill take that!

So me and a couple buddies went to a gas station and get
    very large pops.. Dumped out about half andsplit the liter 1/3rd each

Well as soon as we start walkin down the street again a cop comes up and asks how old we are.. We say 17.. And he says you guys are in violation of curfew.. We we like oh sorry officer we will go home

Well he asks whats in the cup and I say pop.. He says only pop? I laughed a bit and said yes.. He asks if he can smell my cup.. I say sure why not.. He takes it and sniffs.. Hands it back and said you guys said u were 17? I started to get real nervous here.. Prob had just enough to blow a .01 or .02 so that's a minor.. Had possesion.. And violation of curfew.. Well we said yes we are 17.. He said dump out your cups..

We dump them out and he said just go home

Cool ass guy.. New guy fresh on the force too.. He's always cut me some slack whenever he sees me

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456