Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    English Vike is offline Starter

Re: You think soccer is safe ?

well, i think any sport is boring if you don't really follow it for a while and understand exactly whats going on, i swear if someone had asked me 18 months ago what i thought of american football i would have said it was mind numbing, mainly because it stops and starts too much. however i kinda stumbled across it and got more and more into it, at first just being mildly interested and now i'm totally hooked and in love with the vikes.

i've been brought up on soccer my whole life, i was watching one of the shows on the american sports channel here today and they were discussing this milan/inter incident. i think one of them summed it up well by saying this kind of thing is caused by the fact that soccer dominates europe so much, its really the only sport that matters here. if you take all the passion and intensity in america for the nfl,mlb,nba,nhl and all the college sports, rolled together into one sport, that is pretty much what it is like here. that kind of domination leads to it becoming just so massive and intense, bigger than religion and people go way over the top sometimes.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Soccer maybe boring to watch but in my opinion the hightlights are better than most football highlights if you have played soccer and know a bit about it.

PS
    Arsenal is better than Chelsea
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

arsenal!

we're so far ahead of them it isnt even funny

ok i lied, it is funny

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Yeah but hopefully they will still win the FA cup.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

maybe so, but the FA cup isnt as good as either the premiership or the champions league, we've as good as already won one, and in the semi final of the other.

its a hell of a season, lets just hope my other team can match it with a superbowl next time around.

MadtownMac is offline Rookie

Wait till Rooney and Ruud can be on the field all season and Man U will be right back at the top. If they could only find someone on the other side of C. Ronaldo. Seriously, though, Chelsea is just like the Yankees here. They should win the triple next year becasue they will own all of the soccer players in the world.
    Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.

eelpout72 is offline Starter

im becoming more and more of a soccer fan (the other football) recently espcially w/the US national team who are somewhat respectable now. I actually follow a bit of the European leagues now that there are a number of US players playing in leagues abroad. I saw Manchester United play AC Milan in a friendly last summer too and that was rather fun.

Anyhow, anglovike and englishvike, just wondering what you guys think of US soccer now. Aside from having good goalies, do europeans really have more respect for us now or do they still think that we are kind of a joke? Also, we play a friendly against you guys in Chicago later this summer and am thinking about going. I think that it has been some time since the US has played England.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Having played several sports including many years as goalie in soccer; I'd have to say that for many you might need to play soccer to truly appreciate all that happens on the field between goals. There are many great set plays and strategies that happen all game long...but in America we are addicted to goals and pretty goals and ugly goals. Its the worldwide sport for a reason, but you can't beat a sunday full of American Football!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Man what do they put in the beer over there in Europe to make fans act that way?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

vikingTurf Guest

"Seriously, though, Chelsea is just like the Yankees here. They should win the triple next year becasue they will own all of the soccer players in the world"

Exactly why i hate Chelsea.....actually i hate all english teams(soccer that is), but I think Real Madrid is more of a Yankees thing. they have all the top players of the World....whatever, GO AC MILAN!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast