Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Are you power hungry?

Over the past month or so I've been just dying to make this thread but I held it back out of the kindness of my heart.
    It took a great level of maturity for me to fight the urge this long but I guess everytime you bottle something up, it eventually boils over.

I'm sure this thread will be locked in a matter of second upon its post...if not deleted but here goes.

Apparently some of the mods on here have decided that if two seperate topics are REMOTELY related to each other, a merge must be made.
    This is annoying because for
    example, they'll be a thread titled, "Vikings making upgrades."
    Well, over the next week or so, everytime the Vikings add someone or change something... it's going in that thread.
    That makes it a blast to find articles hidden on page 5 of threads.
    I know there's people like me out there that don't like spending every bit of their time looking through every page of every thread on this site(don't get me wrong, I love this site).

Now about 10 min. ago or so, I made a thread about lies by the government.
    I had sources, and a strong arguement to boot but before I could get one interesting response, BAM... lockdown city.
    WTF?!

Whatever... I'm going to cut it off at that... I'm getting frustrated.
    I might say something I'll regret in a few hours.
    Peace.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Are you power hungry?

Politics should be discuseed unless you hate the person.
    It pisses people off.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

hungry, Yes, cant say I'm power hungry !

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Lucky, I wouldn't take it to personal if I was you, I've always enjoyed you being a part of the group here, I'm not one for searching for topics and such, thats why most the time I miss some threads totaly when they get buried quick....

I basicaly follow the top 10 to the right side of the site and sometimes there is a thread or two I'll follow because I like the topic...

As for the government post, it has been a long standing rule around here that there is to be no politiicaly based threads and sometimes threads about government doings fall under that..

If you like to talk politics and government issues....I can give you another free forum that has a thread just for those topics, and these old timers will go toe to toe all day with you about politics and government.....You best know what your talking about though if you want to match up with these guys.....

PM me and I'de be glad to send you the sites info..

Also, it's not a football fan or team site.....Believe it or not, it's a Metal Detecting Forum web site.....PM me if you want the info...

VikingNed

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Dude, you know the rules.
    You have been in your fair share of these threads.

Merged?
    Nope...locked.

Besides...you screwed up the intro.
    Read it again.

"VikingNed" wrote:

Lucky, I wouldn't take it to personal if I was you, I've always enjoyed you being a part of the group here, I'm not one for searching for topics and such, thats why most the time I miss some threads totaly when they get buried quick....

I basicaly follow the top 10 to the right side of the site and sometimes there is a thread or two I'll follow because I like the topic...
    Exactly dude.
    I don't go into all the different forums and stuff. I simply don't usually have time, as I'm sure a lot of people don't.
    I go by the top ten threads and when I see the same thread title of the thread I read yesterday that I had no interest, I'm not checking it out.
    Problem is, some useful Viking information can easily get lost in threads by people cramming as much crap in them as possible.
    When I first go to this site I remember see a new topic for almost every new thread... those were the days.
    You come on the site and you're gone in 10 min. without trouble.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

What does your politic thread getting locked(which it should have been, since every other politic thread ever ever in the history of the world has been locked) have to do with topic mergers and finding them in the forums?

And I know exactly what you mean with bottling something up, I went for a long time without a Randy Moss thread, but just a few weeks ago, I kinda sorta may have derailed a thread and made it about that, but that's okay, cause I'm great.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

DUDE, IT WAS "LOCKED"...NOT MERGED!

With this new site you do not get the "moved" like the last one.
    If we merge you do not get a redirect thread.
    All the ones now are because out of the kindness of my heart I took the time to make a post saying it was merged.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Dude, you know the rules.
    You have been in your fair share of these threads.

Merged?
    Nope...locked.

Besides...you screwed up the intro.
    Read it again.

That's one reason I didn't really want to make this.
    I just felt it was a problem that needed to be addressed.
    I remember you telling me before when I first came here I was full of piss and vinegar but I changed... and I was proud of that.
    I still fill like I'm doing this in a lot more mature fashion than I would've in the past.

"Mr" wrote:
    What does your politic thread getting locked(which it should have been, since every other politic thread ever ever in the history of the world has been locked) have to do with topic mergers and finding them in the forums?

And I know exactly what you mean with bottling something up, I went for a long time without a Randy Moss thread, but just a few weeks ago, I kinda sorta may have derailed a thread and made it about that, but that's okay, cause I'm great.

The fact that I thought my thread shouldn't have been closed just pushed me over the edge.
    Now I realize maybe my political probably should've been locked but I'm glad I got this off my chest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast