Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    boognish is offline Coordinator

Re: Are you having problems with your copy of Madden 2007?

Good to know; I thought my PS2 was too dirty to play it properly. I have also had problems in franchise mode...it will freeze sometimes after I play a game, so I have to restart and replay the damned game. Pretty frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?
    I am a dipshit!!!

I occasionally get problems similar to that; my PS2 doesn't like to play the "blue discs" all the time.
    It can take several tries to get it to recognize them.

I have one of the "older" PS2s, from when they were first released, so I should be lucky it still works at all.

It's nice having the PS2 Hard Drive though!
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

LL-MMan is offline Starter

You also can use your 360 controller on the PC.

Viking fans hunger a Championship more than anyone in sports.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    I just got my copy of Madden '07 (HOF Edition ;D) late last night.

I haven't actually played a game yet, so I was wondering if they fixed that stupid punt return glitch from last year, where your blockers just stand there and let the coverage team blow by and jack you up!
    It seems to have gone on the PC version.. I've been surprisingly able to pull off some mid-range punt returns without having to use Punt Block to force all the punt team's runners behind the line of scrimmage.

And I'm doing fine with Minnesota, but then I use Struttdaddy's rosters (which are FAR better than the default rosters). I'm 5-2 after beating the Redskins, Bears, Lions, Bills and Patriots, and lost to the Panthers and the Seahawks. Brad Johnson has already thrown 20 TD's (his 96 accuracy rating on the Struttdaddy rosters means I'm throwing A LOT in the red zone and down at the goal line) and Ciatrick Fason is a better back than Mewelde Moore! Oh, and what do Brad Johnson, Tony Richardson, Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, Artie Hicks, Matt Birk, Kenechi Udeze, Kevin Williams, Fred Smoot, Antoine Winfield, Dwight Smith and Koren Robinson all have in common?

They're all in the Pro Bowl voting in Week 9 of the season baby!

(And yes, I know I didn't take Koren out, but screw it, I'll dump him in the off-season. And yes, he's there as a kick returner!)

LL-MMan is offline Starter

"Benet" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:

I haven't actually played a game yet, so I was wondering if they fixed that stupid punt return glitch from last year, where your blockers just stand there and let the coverage team blow by and jack you up!
    It seems to have gone on the PC version.. I've been surprisingly able to pull off some mid-range punt returns without having to use Punt Block to force all the punt team's runners behind the line of scrimmage.

And I'm doing fine with Minnesota, but then I use Struttdaddy's rosters (which are FAR better than the default rosters). I'm 5-2 after beating the Redskins, Bears, Lions, Bills and Patriots, and lost to the Panthers and the Seahawks. Brad Johnson has already thrown 20 TD's (his 96 accuracy rating on the Struttdaddy rosters means I'm throwing A LOT in the red zone and down at the goal line) and Ciatrick Fason is a better back than Mewelde Moore! Oh, and what do Brad Johnson, Tony Richardson, Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, Artie Hicks, Matt Birk, Kenechi Udeze, Kevin Williams, Fred Smoot, Antoine Winfield, Dwight Smith and Koren Robinson all have in common?

(And yes, I know I didn't take Koren out, but screw it, I'll dump him in the off-season. And yes, he's there as a kick returner!)
    Nice to see that you're using Strutts rosters, but I do see a problem with your sliders.
    I will have to admit your Pass Blocking and Run Blocking is wayyy too high.
    The reason why you're whole O-Line is in the pro-bowl is because of pancakes.
    Turn it up a notch on all-madden and check out some decent sliders.
    Having 20tds by week 9 is a joke.

oh and use the madden editor to put Greenway and KoRo on IR.
    Gotta roll with our real squad this year.

Viking fans hunger a Championship more than anyone in sports.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

rick is offline Waterboy

I wish David Hasselhoff was in the game! Then it would really be a true HOF edition!!!! :P
    I THINK I ATE TO MUCH FISH LAST NIGHT!!!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"LL-MMan" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:

Nice to see that you're using Strutts rosters, but I do see a problem with your sliders.
    I will have to admit your Pass Blocking and Run Blocking is wayyy too high.
    The reason why you're whole O-Line is in the pro-bowl is because of pancakes.
    Turn it up a notch on all-madden and check out some decent sliders.
    Having 20tds by week 9 is a joke.

oh and use the madden editor to put Greenway and KoRo on IR.
    Gotta roll with our real squad this year.
    You're right.. But despite my 20 passing TD's I've still been sacked 30 times. If I continue to dominate this season I will go up to All-Madden by week 12. The only reason I started on All-Pro was because I wasn't sure about the new options for Play Maker and such. Funny thing is, I haven't even turned up Pass Blocking and Run Blocking. I did turn up Defensive and Offensive Pass Interference and I still haven't had as many calls as I deem realistic. I can count on one hand how many I've seen called in my games so far. I thought the editor only worked on the roster files before you started game modes? If not I'll use it. I don't even know where to find it.. Where did you get it from?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    Oh please do..

Because I love the PC version too. I tried playing Madden on 360 and prior versions on the original Xbox and it was way too slow and artificial. And to PurplePride's point, I'd bet my house that there are more Madden guys online through their PC's than there are through 360's and PS2's.. COMBINED.
    What kind of house is it?

There's NO WAY they sell more Madden for the PC than PS2.
    You're dreaming.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I have it for the 360 & it works cool

- Also, for anyone with a 360, get "Saints Row" NOW!!

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

"Slade" wrote:
    I have it for the 360 & it works cool

- Also, for anyone with a 360, get "Saints Row" NOW!!
    I played it for 360 and I honestly thought it sucked a lot of a$$

It reminds me too much of NFL Blitz in the arcade.

Tje way you choose the plays and how it shows the players before each play is gay. In order to get away from it you need to tap A like twice.

I don't like the 360 versiona nd I think the XBox and PS2 is the best.

My game for PS2 skips after plays and kickoffs/returns and stuff too but that's about it. It doesn't affect the gameplay at all.

IMO it sucks for 360.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast