Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yooper?

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Yooper?

i want a pastie.

Whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis? Pasties are delicious. I grew up on those things. I still make them from scratch for my family every so often (potatoes, carrots, onions and beef in a flaky crust) yummm... Good stuff...
    Even babies know the difference.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

A yooper? I've taken one of those on many a occasion.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    I happen to be a "yooper" myself. A yooper is anyone who lives in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Luckily I don't say "Oh hey dere, I'm just watching da Viking game." I would punch myself.

Boy Oh Boy!
    Everyone is coming out of the woodwork a week before TC starts.
    Loving it!
    Whats up BDUB? How is Wendy treating you?

I got it now.
    yoo(U)p(P)'er
    Thanks a bunch!
    I am going to be honest here, and it is going to sound very sad...I have been coming to this site every day but ever since I got my laptop, I have been too lazy to type anything because I hate trying to type on the tiny keys. That may be the pinnacle of laziness, but I am proud of it. Anyhow, I'm doin good, I'll be downstate in a month or so for Central Michigan University, so I'll finally be out of Packerland....by the way, how do you know about Wendy?
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"Bdubya" wrote:
    [quote]"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    I happen to be a "yooper" myself. A yooper is anyone who lives in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Luckily I don't say "Oh hey dere, I'm just watching da Viking game." I would punch myself.

Boy Oh Boy!
    Loving it!

I got it now.
    yoo(U)p(P)'er
    Thanks a bunch!
    I am going to be honest here, and it is going to sound very sad...I have been coming to this site every day but ever since I got my laptop, I have been too lazy to type anything because I hate trying to type on the tiny keys. That may be the pinnacle of laziness, but I am proud of it. Anyhow, I'm doin good, I'll be downstate in a month or so for Central Michigan University, so I'll finally be out of Packerland....by the way, how do you know about Wendy?[/quote]

In a thread way back I read that you said that you worked for her. :grin:
    Am i correct?
    And shame on you man......I thought I was lazy! :roll: :lol: jk

And them Pasties sound reeeeeeeal good. Could I have two please, and Madonnas' Bullet Bra to go with those Pasties. :lol:
    Ahhh, might as well throw her in there too. Ha ha!

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    [quote]"Bdubya" wrote:
    "TheAnimal93" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:

Boy Oh Boy!
    Loving it!

I got it now.
    yoo(U)p(P)'er
    Thanks a bunch!
    I am going to be honest here, and it is going to sound very sad...I have been coming to this site every day but ever since I got my laptop, I have been too lazy to type anything because I hate trying to type on the tiny keys. That may be the pinnacle of laziness, but I am proud of it. Anyhow, I'm doin good, I'll be downstate in a month or so for Central Michigan University, so I'll finally be out of Packerland....by the way, how do you know about Wendy?[/quote]

In a thread way back I read that you said that you worked for her. :grin:
    Am i correct?
    And shame on you man......I thought I was lazy! :roll: :lol: jk

And them Pasties sound reeeeeeeal good. Could I have two please, and Madonnas' Bullet Bra to go with those Pasties. :lol:
    Ahhh, might as well throw her in there too. Ha ha!
    I guess I must have thrown her name out there, but it's weird because I dont work for her. I think you are probably just stalking me and my family. That's fine though. Pasties are reeeeeal good, but I am strickly a meat, potato, and crust guy...no onions or anything gross.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    I drove through the yoop a few times. I added a new word to my vocabulary there. "Pastie". Not sure what it is, but every mile there's another sign that they're selling Pasties.
    A pastie is basically just a huge, stuffed flaky crust thing stuffed with meat (allegedly ham or beef, but I have doubts). Usually they throw some type of cheese and vegetable-like substance in there, or whatever they can find in the refrigerator or medicine cabinet.

When served with an entire bottle of ketchup (and powerful antitoxins), it's almost edible.

You probably want to stay away from these things. Keep a stomach pump nearby if you are forced to eat one, and it couldn't hurt to keep some asprin nearby in case of cardiac arrest.

I thought a pastie was something women put over their nipple$?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I thought a pastie was something women put over their nipple$?

Yes, pasties are something women put over their nipple$, but those thingies are pronounced differently than the Yooper delicacy.

Pasty (pronounced like paste -y): the nipple cover

Pasty (pronounced like past -y): the food

A little info...

The famous pasty was brought to the UP by the copper and iron miners from Cornwall, England (Cousin Jacks). The Cornish miners and their wives as "Cousin Jennys", are properly given the credit for bringing the pasty to the Upper Peninsula in the early 1850's when both the copper and iron mines were first being opened. The original pasty that came over in the 1850's from Cornwall, England along with the miners, was hearty and hot. It was a hand-held "no dish" meal for miners who had no time to come above ground for lunch. Some miners reheated their pasties underground; others kept them at body warm in a chest pocket. Another way of warming a pasty while underground in a mine was to set it on a shovel and hold the pasty up to the light of a lantern.

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Oh, thanks for clarifying kramer!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Oh, thanks for clarifying kramer!! lol
    Hey, no prob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast