Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: yellowstone trip off

"singersp" wrote:
    [quote]
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I talked with a woman today at Wal-Mart and she says people are being laid off because of the minimum wage increase. Just think -- 3 million employees. That means a $1 minimum wage increase means $3 million per hour more in payroll. That's a big pill to swallow. And someone else on here was right, their primary job is to show a profit for the stockholders. The employees always come in second.
    While that is true, Christie stated she was "fired", not let go or laid off.

With that said, my question would be, "What did you get fired for?"

I hate to sound harsh, but when people get fired, it is typically the employees fault, not the companies. If they fired you for no reason, then you would have grounds for a lawsuit.

With that said, why are people blaming Wal-Mart for firing, not laying off, an employee?
    [/quote

You are probably right but Me persoanlly I think of 2 options and
    "Fired" covers everything except quitting.
    I also no a few people that were "fired" but for BS reasons.
    My wife a few years ago, had a
    Job, she put in a request for time off, a god month before this, because we had plans. Anyways a new manager came in and a couple of other employees were let go as well. Because of this
    the new boss told her that she could not have it of even though we had brought the tickets, made the reservations ect.
    I even had to make special arrangements at work as well. She explained thsi to the boss, but she was told she had to work anyways, she said she can't and it was already documented that it was approved. So we left for the weekend anyways.
    When she came she was fired, for failure to show up for work, The Boss told her that the vaction request for was not valid since she did not sign it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Garland" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I talked with a woman today at Wal-Mart and she says people are being laid off because of the minimum wage increase. Just think -- 3 million employees. That means a $1 minimum wage increase means $3 million per hour more in payroll. That's a big pill to swallow. And someone else on here was right, their primary job is to show a profit for the stockholders. The employees always come in second.
    While that is true, Christie stated she was "fired", not let go or laid off.

With that said, my question would be, "What did you get fired for?"

I hate to sound harsh, but when people get fired, it is typically the employees fault, not the companies. If they fired you for no reason, then you would have grounds for a lawsuit.

With that said, why are people blaming Wal-Mart for firing, not laying off, an employee?
    You are probably right but Me persoanlly I think of 2 options and
    "Fired" covers everything except quitting.

I also no a few people that were "fired" but for BS reasons.
    My wife a few years ago, had a
    Job, she put in a request for time off, a god month before this, because we had plans. Anyways a new manager came in and a couple of other employees were let go as well. Because of this
    the new boss told her that she could not have it of even though we had brought the tickets, made the reservations ect.
    I even had to make special arrangements at work as well. She explained thsi to the boss, but she was told she had to work anyways, she said she can't and it was already documented that it was approved. So we left for the weekend anyways.
    When she came she was fired, for failure to show up for work, The Boss told her that the vaction request for was not valid since she did not sign it.
    It may be your opinion, but there is a big difference between being "fired" & being "permanently let go/terminated".

I for one wouldn't list "FIRED" on my resume if my company let me go for budgetary reasons. When a company fires an employee, it is for something the employee did wrong or failed to do.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    You are better than Wal-Mart. Fuck them!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Christie is offline Starter

Singer to your response they said i was insubordant that is wyh the let me go. But to my defense hasn't everyone in a job vented to a fellow employee about something? This is what i did the whole store does it where i worked but I got fired for it. It is there legal way ogf getting rid of people that have been there for years and replace them with part timers so they don't have to pay benefits out of there pocket. i don't know if Walmarts are the same all over but the one in Mitchell, SD sucks! I had just got a review in July was highly praised on the good job with the finacials of the department. So so singer don't want to seem pist but i am

"Christie" wrote:
    Singer to your response they said i was insubordant that is wyh the let me go. But to my defense hasn't everyone in a job vented to a fellow employee about something? This is what i did the whole store does it where i worked but I got fired for it. It is there legal way ogf getting rid of people that have been there for years and replace them with part timers so they don't have to pay benefits out of there pocket. i don't know if Walmarts are the same all over but the one in Mitchell, SD sucks! I had just got a review in July was highly praised on the good job with the finacials of the department. So so singer don't want to seem pist but i am
    That sucks.
    Before the boys were born my wife was teaching and it was her tenure year (her 4th year, after getting tenure they pretty much can't get rid of you).
    She had a great review a couple months earlier, and suddenly she finds out they are not giving her tenure and she would not have a job with them next school year.
    So she showed them.
    She officially resigned "because she was having twins" before they could "officially" deny here tenure.
    SKOL VIKINGS

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Christie" wrote:
    All Wal-Marts are crap to work for not just the one in SD.
    I worked for the crap hole in Harrisonburg, VA.
    I was told by my asst mamager to put grills together all day and not to go help customers in any other department and send them to another area for help if they asked me.
    Well a customer asked to help them with something and I told them if they went around the corner there would be someone there to help them.
    Well the customer complained and I got written up for doing my job.
    3 months before I left I was told to move a shelf somewhere else by my department manager so I did it.
    Well the asst mamager didn't like that and I got written up again.
    Wal-Mart has two many chiefs and not enough indiams.
    If it makes sense don't do it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12