Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Years as a Viking Fan/Member of pp.o

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1105495
    That is a tough one. I have literally been watching the Vikings my whole life... but if you want the time that I began making a conscious decision to be a fan... IDK let's call it 30 years. When from fan to fanatic in 1993 when I was in the military and picked a fun rivalry with my roommate (a bills fan).

Joined PP.O in 2005.
    I find the importance of "Team Affiliation", that is expressed by our military members, as very interesting.

I remember the following question being asked of me starting 1979 (Fort Leonardwood MO) all the way up to today....

"What team you chear for."

Has to do with something about home is the best answer I can come up with.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I chose the Vikings as my team to follow when I was about 10 and the kids at school were all talking about who they liked. I hadn't really paid much attention to football before then, but I chose the Vikings because they were the only team that wore purple, my favorite color. So it was kind of a casual thing at first. That was in 1974 or '75, so that would make it 36 years.

I got more hardcore about it and really started following the team seriously in '85.

Started lurking here in late season '09, liked what I saw, and then came that magic day...

# Member since
    # Wednesday, 19 May 2010 13:08

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

I can honestly say I don't remember NOT watching the Vikings. My mom is a HUGE fan and for as far back as I can remember I watched with her on Sundays. I remember driving up to Duluth/Two Harbors when I was 4 or 5 because games were blacked out here, but they still played them up North... so I'll say 25 years??

Been a member of pp.o since 2003? Maybe 2004 can't really remember exactly. A long ass time!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Also, my mom used to journal funny stuff we said and when I was like 3 or 4 I asked her if everyone in Minnesota had to be a Vikings fan, and when she told me that they didn't I responded with "well they're STUPID if they're not" My mom is the greatest... she taught me well!!

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Viking Fan since 1984. Hard to believe I started liking them in the year of the "Steckle".
    Member since August 2005. I definitely read more than I post. :P

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Vikes fan since 1974

PPO since 2006?

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Vikings fan about 1971, in 5th grade.

according to my profile
    Member sinceWednesday, 31 December 1969 18:00:laugh:

Joined around the end of 2005/ beginning of 2006. lurked for a while before that.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1105503
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1105495
    That is a tough one. I have literally been watching the Vikings my whole life... but if you want the time that I began making a conscious decision to be a fan... IDK let's call it 30 years. When from fan to fanatic in 1993 when I was in the military and picked a fun rivalry with my roommate (a bills fan).

Joined PP.O in 2005.
    I find the importance of "Team Affiliation", that is expressed by our military members, as very interesting.

I remember the following question being asked of me starting 1979 (Fort Leonardwood MO) all the way up to today....

"What team you chear for."

Has to do with something about home is the best answer I can come up with.
    I think that has a lot to do with it. When everyone is away form home, usually for the first time, their home town team is a way to identify with home.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1105541
    I can honestly say I don't remember NOT watching the Vikings. My mom is a HUGE fan and for as far back as I can remember I watched with her on Sundays. I remember driving up to Duluth/Two Harbors when I was 4 or 5 because games were blacked out here, but they still played them up North... so I'll say 25 years??

Been a member of pp.o since 2003? Maybe 2004 can't really remember exactly. A long ass time!!
    Was that on a learner's permit or a full license?

I know they start you folks young up there, but that's a bit much.

8)

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

When I was ten I wrote to the Vikings and they sent me a 1970 team picture postcard which is framed on my "Viking Wall" in my den. I chose the Vikes as my team in 1969 because I liked their helments (couldn't have been the colors since my TV was black and white for many years!). I still think we have the coolest unis in the NFL. Now I have resolved to quit drinking and partying, eat only health foods and no chicken wings and the like, exercise regularly and get a check-up four times a year. I'm almost 51 and I'm worried that I might kick the bucket before I see us win a Super Bowl. I used to say that half-jokingly, but now I'm starting to believe it.....

PPO (which is great!) for only a couple of years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast