Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

And this year's Super Bowl Halftime show will be performed by...

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers...
    [size=10pt]
    Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers to perform during halftime of Super Bowl
    December 2, 2007
    [/size]

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rock 'n' rollers Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers will perform during halftime of the Super Bowl on Feb. 3 at the University of Phoenix Stadium.

The NFL made the announcement Sunday.

The group has sold more than 50 million records since releasing its debut album in 1976. Its hits include "Free Fallin'," "Breakdown," "Refugee," "I Won't Back Down," "Don't Come Around Here No More," "You Don't Know How It Feels," and "Runnin' Down A Dream."

Petty, an 18-time Grammy nominee with one of rock 'n' roll's most distinctive voices, has also done solo work and was a founding member of The Traveling Wilburys, playing alongside George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison and Jeff Lynne.

Recent Super Bowl halftime acts include the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, and Prince. Nearly 140 million TV viewers in the United States watched Prince last year.

Story
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: And this year's Super Bowl Halftime show will be performed by...

No wardrobe malfunction worries there.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Ricky Williams is pumped!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

why such old acts? there wont be another wardrobe screwup if you put somebody on there who has had a hit song sometime in the past 10 years..who are they trying to appeal to here? with the fantasy football era, the viewing audience of football has gotten younger and younger, but the halftime acts get older and older

im not insulting the recent halftime acts in any way, because theyre all musical legends..im just questioning the leagues decisions to have older acts playing songs from anywhere between 10-40 years ago
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

For the first time in recent memory, I'm looking forward to the halftime show.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"olson_10" wrote:
    why such old acts? there wont be another wardrobe screwup if you put somebody on there who has had a hit song sometime in the past 10 years..who are they trying to appeal to here? with the fantasy football era, the viewing audience of football has gotten younger and younger, but the halftime acts get older and older

im not insulting the recent halftime acts in any way, because theyre all musical legends..im just questioning the leagues decisions to have older acts playing songs from anywhere between 10-40 years ago

I'm 19 years old, Myself and most of my friends are big fans of Tom Petty, the Rolling Stones, Etc. Obviously not everyone is, but be careful with the stereotypes. I honestly think the NFL is taking the right road and finding acts that appeal to the most people.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"tgorsegner" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

I'm 19 years old, Myself and most of my friends are big fans of Tom Petty, the Rolling Stones, Etc. Obviously not everyone is, but be careful with the stereotypes. I honestly think the NFL is taking the right road and finding acts that appeal to the most people.
    I'm in the same boat as you with that part of your post... not so much the Rolling Stones part.
    THEY SUCK.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Awesome, i know for sure that my mom will be pumped, she's a huge fan.

They played here in town two years ago and unfortunatly i didnt get to go (my mom & brother did however), but they've got a lot of hits, should be a hell of a show.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Man, I was expecting Beyonce or Kelly Clarkson or some crap like that. Usually the shows blow, maybe this one will be cool!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Is there a prop bet available on whether or not he'll be allowed to play 'Last Dance With Mary Jane'?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast