Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

A Year In Review (Marrdro Muses)

I am not one to get all caught up in holidays and birthdays but this time of year I like to sit back, take stock and reflect on what has transpired in my life over the past year.
    With that said, here are a few musings that might or might not ring true for you…….. :

The Web site called PPO is more than just a site.
    It is a community tied together via a transport medium called the Internet and Webby’s server.
    We all know that the internet never goes down and the only thing that can interrupt our access to our community is the reliability of that server.
    Props to Webby and his crew for such great service.

I have belonged to 4 other sites such as PPO designed for Vikings discussions and one site designed for fishing discussions.
    Currently the two I only visit anymore are PPO and my Fishing page.
    Both are truly unique and provide a great venue to not only discuss both of my favorite interests but are places to learn about Fishing and Football as well.

Wildwoman (my wife) and I actually took the time out of our buys lives for a Vacation together.
    Were did we elect to go?
    To the Vikings home opener against the Atlanta Falcons.
    What a great trip.
    We got to meet some of the members of this online community and we also got to watch a game live in the “Mother ship” called the dome.
    So much better than on TV and better than the game we watched live last year in DC.
    Props to all we met.
    I guess you can really meet friends online if you are careful.

I moved from one job (my company moved me from one contract to another) to another.
    I went from a Homeland Security/Defense job to a position were I got the pleasure of working with the United States finest everyday as they prepare to take it to our adversaries and keep the fight overseas instead of on our shores (i.e. 911).
    Suffice it to say; when I say they are our finest, I do not exaggerate.

Wildman (My son) did me proud this year.
    He took it to the next step in several areas of growing into a man.
    He got his drivers license, made his High Schools Golf and Baseball team.
    Good thing he got some athletic abilities from his moms side or the milkman as you all know I wasn’t much of an athlete in school.
    Additionally, he also took on a job working part time and a hunting, fishing, bait and tackle store.
    After a day at school he works out/practices with his team and then goes to work until about 9 PM at night and then comes home and studies.
    Needless to say I am very proud.

My daughter also has done me proud.
    She is on her way to finishing her 3rd year of college.
    She worked two jobs during her off time and also found time to ride/train and compete (successfully by the way) on her Quarter Horse Kassea.
    Not sure what they all mean but she has lots of blue, pink and white ribbons this year.
    I do like to watch her and that horse run barrels.

Funny how things come together for you when you least expect it.
    Because of my job shift I now have a lot of off time on my hands to hunt and fish.
    I successfully harvested two nice deer and have caught lots of real nice fish.

The bad part of my new job is that I don’t actually have to spend much time doing real work.
    I get to “Manage” the guys and gals who keep all of our communications systems up and running and coordinate those services to support our training events with our military customers.
    Needless to say I don’t know what I would do at work if I didn’t have the PPO community to while the hours away.

Our team gave us lots of challenges this year and it turned into a very busy year in the community with lots of new members joining because of one of our new draft picks (AD) and it was fun watching the new Vikings fans learn about their new team.
    Lets hope they come to love the team as much as some of us who have been following them our whole lives.

Our community, because of its growth is also going through some growing pains.
    Lots of opinions to be voiced over who is right and who is wrong but lets hope that all realize this is inevitable as our team gets better (or worse depending on what side of the fence your are on) and continue to support one another as we morph into a bigger, better and more exciting community just as our Vikings are morphing into a better football team.

Lets hope next year as I sit and muse over what has transpired in 2008 I will have as many fond memories as I do this year in my personal life and in my PPO community life as well.

May the good Lord bless and keep all of you and yours my friends.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A Year In Review (Marrdro Muses)

Thanks for the update Marr.

For me everyone in the family is helathy and I seem to have been fully recovered from my surgery and doing well.

"Garland" wrote:

For me everyone in the family is helathy and I seem to have been fully recovered from my surgery and doing well.
    What more can a man ask for my friend.
    The love of a lovely woman, kids that make you proud, Health, and friends that forgive you shortcomings and the blessings from the lord.

Glad to hear you are blessed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

I usally hate Christmas/New Years cards, but I like this one because I don't have to see a picture of someone's stupid pet in a santa hat

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

What more can a man ask for my friend.
    The love of a lovely woman, kids that make you proud, Health, and friends that forgive you shortcomings and the blessings from the lord.

Glad to hear you are blessed.
    getting to wake up everyday is a blessing, there are many people that do not everyday.

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I usally hate Christmas/New Years cards, but I like this one because I don't have to see a picture of someone's stupid pet in a santa hat
    Your cracking me up.
    What card?
    Did I miss something.
    You definately need to be part of my musings next year.

I am thinking the Tenn game.

:
    ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Sweet. Is your daughter hot?

"marstc09" wrote:
    Sweet. Is your daughter hot?
    That isn't a good question for a dad.
    Her boyfriend is tall and skinny and Baby girl is a bit big.
    Here is Baby Girl and Wildwoman.

[img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Spades 006.jpg[/img]

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks for sharing this Marrdro, I enjoyed reading it.

Happy new year to you and your family, I will look forward to sharing many more discussions on here with you for the year to come.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    Thanks for sharing this Marrdro, I enjoyed reading it.

Happy new year to you and your family, I will look forward to sharing many more discussions on here with you for the year to come.
    And I with you as well.
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast