Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91
  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    To the Yankees and BUYING more championships!
    Exactly...Twins are pretty much even with them and our payroll is a fraction of the Yanks.



    Yep, the Yankees buy players.Sox developed Damon, the second hes a Free Agent, they take him.Thier evil, flat out evil.


    When the Yankees win a championship with a ball club they build, not buy....I'll give them respect again.
    Note: The first four basically were the middle of the infield for FOUR World Championships (time for you to take a healthy helping of STFU)
    Derek Jeter....DEVELOPED
    Mariano Rivera.....DEVELOPED
    Bernie Williams.....DEVELOPED
    Jorge Posada........DEVELOPED
    Robinson Cano........DEVELOPED
    Melky Cabrera.......DEVELOPED

    Others that played for the Yankees and have been traded or left in free agency:
    Andy Pettitte.......DEVELOPED
    Alfonso Soriano......DEVELOPED
    Nick Johnson......DEVELOPED
    Juan Rivera......DEVELOPED


    Others that may pan out:
    Andy Phillips.......DEVELOPED
    Nick Green.......DEVELOPED


    Thats a pretty nice list, I was gonna make a list of all the players you've BOUGHT,but my keyboard blew up due to over typing.
    Hey...the Sux BOUGHT Schilling (widely credited with pushing them over the top)...almost EVERY team BUYS players...except for maybe the ones with CHEAP A$$ owners! **cough**POHLAD**cough**
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsonOfTroy
    To the Yankees and BUYING more championships!
    Exactly...Twins are pretty much even with them and our payroll is a fraction of the Yanks.



    Yep, the Yankees buy players.Sox developed Damon, the second hes a Free Agent, they take him.Thier evil, flat out evil.


    When the Yankees win a championship with a ball club they build, not buy....I'll give them respect again.
    Note: The first four basically were the middle of the infield for FOUR World Championships (time for you to take a healthy helping of STFU)
    Derek Jeter....DEVELOPED
    Mariano Rivera.....DEVELOPED
    Bernie Williams.....DEVELOPED
    Jorge Posada........DEVELOPED
    Robinson Cano........DEVELOPED
    Melky Cabrera.......DEVELOPED

    Others that played for the Yankees and have been traded or left in free agency:
    Andy Pettitte.......DEVELOPED
    Alfonso Soriano......DEVELOPED
    Nick Johnson......DEVELOPED
    Juan Rivera......DEVELOPED


    Others that may pan out:
    Andy Phillips.......DEVELOPED
    Nick Green.......DEVELOPED


    Thats a pretty nice list, I was gonna make a list of all the players you've BOUGHT,but my keyboard blew up due to over typing.
    Hey...the Sux BOUGHT Schilling (widely credited with pushing them over the top)...almost EVERY team BUYS players...except for maybe the ones with CHEAP A$$ owners! **cough**POHLAD**cough**
    What really annoyed me in the past is that everyone cheered for Arizona in the WS against the Yankees because they spent less money when in fact their payroll was similar to the Yankees.

    Isn't it the goal to sign the best players you can get to give yourself the best chance to win?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  3. #23
    ChiTownVike's Avatar
    ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    I hate this. The Yankees are just big NOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they miss the playoffs altogether and the Blue Jays get the Wild Card.

    If Trump or Cuban buys the Cubs, the same thing may happen where they will have like a trillion dollar payroll, but right now it ain't happenin.

    I would also like to say that any baseball team that wants Maddux, can have him. [rant on] I am so tired of watching him give up 2 or 3 first innning runs and then having the game be over in inning 3. Granted he pitched well last game, but still does not make up for it though. [rant off]


    One last thing, The Cubs sould keep Phil Nevin



    Thank you Josdin for the sig

  4. #24
    DarrinNelsonguy's Avatar
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    "ChiTownVike" wrote:
    I hate this. The Yankees are just big NOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they miss the playoffs altogether and the Blue Jays get the Wild Card.

    If Trump or Cuban buys the Cubs, the same thing may happen where they will have like a trillion dollar payroll, but right now it ain't happenin.

    I would also like to say that any baseball team that wants Maddux, can have him. [rant on] I am so tired of watching him give up 2 or 3 first innning runs and then having the game be over in inning 3. Granted he pitched well last game, but still does not make up for it though. [rant off]


    One last thing, The Cubs sould keep Phil Nevin
    They should keep Aramis Ramirez as well, even though on BBTN earlier there was some rumblings that they may trade him to the Angels.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

  5. #25
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Steal of the year...maybe the decade!

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2534459

    Buh bye, Red Sux!!!

    :evil4:
    Hate to say it but, Yankees better get used to watching the sox on top again this season.......

    I'm not a fan of either team ( Dodgers Fan Here) , but the Red Sox are two times the better team the yanks are this year......
    How can you say that Ned, the Yankees have been bitten big time by the injury bug and they are still only a game behind Boston?
    I'll answer that question with only one answer Darrin, it's called PITCHING....

    I feel the Sox have a better starting rotation and they have some solid closers......Yankees have a very slim closing staff, bottom line is, pitching wins games......

    Thats just how I see it...


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #26
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    I'd actually prefer if my owner did not spend twice as much as nearly every other baseball team. If he did and we didn't win the world series nearly every year, I'd be embarassed. No offense to Yankee fans... thats just the way I see it.

    On the same note, I'm not going to blame somebody whos been a lifetime fan for cheering on a talent filled roster.

  7. #27
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Steal of the year...maybe the decade!

    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2534459

    Buh bye, Red Sux!!!

    :evil4:
    Hate to say it but, Yankees better get used to watching the sox on top again this season.......

    I'm not a fan of either team ( Dodgers Fan Here) , but the Red Sox are two times the better team the yanks are this year......
    How can you say that Ned, the Yankees have been bitten big time by the injury bug and they are still only a game behind Boston?
    I'll answer that question with only one answer Darrin, it's called PITCHING....

    I feel the Sox have a better starting rotation and they have some solid closers......Yankees have a very slim closing staff, bottom line is, pitching wins games......

    Thats just how I see it...
    Mussina...13 wins
    Wang...12 wins
    Johnson...11 wins

    Schilling...13 wins
    Beckett...13 wins

    Looks fairly even to me.

    Team ERA

    New York 4.40
    Boston 4.50

    New York wins this one.

    Team batting average

    Boston .284
    New York .283

    Basically even (but New York added a big bat while Boston sat on their hands).

    AND after the Angels win tonight, New York will be in FIRST PLACE in the AL East! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  8. #28
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    OMGS...you youngsters show a lil respect for baseball...you guys either completely sickenly wish they'd all die...or absolutely love to hate them...the yanks are my team have been for nearly 40 years...so bite me..also the fact of the matter is I am FROM NY if I have a reason its cause i lived, grewup and conributed to the yanks...
    So..anyways..let em have it Cajun...)

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'd actually prefer if my owner did not spend twice as much as nearly every other baseball team. If he did and we didn't win the world series nearly every year, I'd be embarassed. No offense to Yankee fans... thats just the way I see it.

    On the same note, I'm not going to blame somebody whos been a lifetime fan for cheering on a talent filled roster.
    Thanks, BH82

    I wouldn't be embarrassed if Wilf spent the MAX every year on our team (he's already spend WAY MORE than TIGHTWAD RED!!!)

    Signed,
    Cajunvike...YANKEE fan since 1977!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

    "nephilimstorm" wrote:
    OMGS...you youngsters show a lil respect for baseball...you guys either completely sickenly wish they'd all die...or absolutely love to hate them...the yanks are my team have been for nearly 40 years...so bite me..also the fact of the matter is I am FROM NY if I have a reason its cause i lived, grewup and conributed to the yanks...
    So..anyways..let em have it Cajun...)
    Youngsters?

    Not here buddy. :wink:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Yanks unearth Sox jersey at new stadium
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2008, 07:45 AM
  2. Joe Torre Quits Yanks
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 01:31 AM
  3. Yanks SWEEP Bahston!!!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 09:53 AM
  4. Yanks trade Chacon for Craig Wilson
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 11:43 PM
  5. twins/yanks
    By vikes2456 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 11:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •