Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Yanks trade for Abreu and Lidle...for 4 minor leaguers!

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    To the Yankees and BUYING more championships!
    Exactly...Twins are pretty much even with them and our payroll is a fraction of the Yanks.

Yep, the Yankees buy players.Sox developed Damon, the second hes a Free Agent, they take him.Thier evil, flat out evil.

When the Yankees win a championship with a ball club they build, not buy....I'll give them respect again.
    Note: The first four basically were the middle of the infield for FOUR World Championships (time for you to take a healthy helping of STFU)
    Derek Jeter....DEVELOPED
    Mariano Rivera.....DEVELOPED
    Bernie Williams.....DEVELOPED
    Jorge Posada........DEVELOPED
    Robinson Cano........DEVELOPED
    Melky Cabrera.......DEVELOPED

Others that played for the Yankees and have been traded or left in free agency:
    Andy Pettitte.......DEVELOPED
    Alfonso Soriano......DEVELOPED
    Nick Johnson......DEVELOPED
    Juan Rivera......DEVELOPED

Others that may pan out:
    Andy Phillips.......DEVELOPED
    Nick Green.......DEVELOPED

Thats a pretty nice list, I was gonna make a list of all the players you've BOUGHT,but my keyboard blew up due to over typing.
    Hey...the Sux BOUGHT Schilling (widely credited with pushing them over the top)...almost EVERY team BUYS players...except for maybe the ones with CHEAP A$$ owners! **cough**POHLAD**cough**
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsonOfTroy
    To the Yankees and BUYING more championships!
    Exactly...Twins are pretty much even with them and our payroll is a fraction of the Yanks.

Yep, the Yankees buy players.Sox developed Damon, the second hes a Free Agent, they take him.Thier evil, flat out evil.

When the Yankees win a championship with a ball club they build, not buy....I'll give them respect again.
    Note: The first four basically were the middle of the infield for FOUR World Championships (time for you to take a healthy helping of STFU)
    Derek Jeter....DEVELOPED
    Mariano Rivera.....DEVELOPED
    Bernie Williams.....DEVELOPED
    Jorge Posada........DEVELOPED
    Robinson Cano........DEVELOPED
    Melky Cabrera.......DEVELOPED

Others that played for the Yankees and have been traded or left in free agency:
    Andy Pettitte.......DEVELOPED
    Alfonso Soriano......DEVELOPED
    Nick Johnson......DEVELOPED
    Juan Rivera......DEVELOPED

Others that may pan out:
    Andy Phillips.......DEVELOPED
    Nick Green.......DEVELOPED

Thats a pretty nice list, I was gonna make a list of all the players you've BOUGHT,but my keyboard blew up due to over typing.
    Hey...the Sux BOUGHT Schilling (widely credited with pushing them over the top)...almost EVERY team BUYS players...except for maybe the ones with CHEAP A$$ owners! **cough**POHLAD**cough**
    What really annoyed me in the past is that everyone cheered for Arizona in the WS against the Yankees because they spent less money when in fact their payroll was similar to the Yankees.

Isn't it the goal to sign the best players you can get to give yourself the best chance to win?
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I hate this. The Yankees are just big NOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they miss the playoffs altogether and the Blue Jays get the Wild Card.

If Trump or Cuban buys the Cubs, the same thing may happen where they will have like a trillion dollar payroll, but right now it ain't happenin.

I would also like to say that any baseball team that wants Maddux, can have him. [rant on] I am so tired of watching him give up 2 or 3 first innning runs and then having the game be over in inning 3. Granted he pitched well last game, but still does not make up for it though. [rant off]

One last thing, The Cubs sould keep Phil Nevin

Thank you Josdin for the sig

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"ChiTownVike" wrote:
    I hate this. The Yankees are just big NOOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they miss the playoffs altogether and the Blue Jays get the Wild Card.

If Trump or Cuban buys the Cubs, the same thing may happen where they will have like a trillion dollar payroll, but right now it ain't happenin.

I would also like to say that any baseball team that wants Maddux, can have him. [rant on] I am so tired of watching him give up 2 or 3 first innning runs and then having the game be over in inning 3. Granted he pitched well last game, but still does not make up for it though. [rant off]

One last thing, The Cubs sould keep Phil Nevin
    They should keep Aramis Ramirez as well, even though on BBTN earlier there was some rumblings that they may trade him to the Angels.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Steal of the year...maybe the decade!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2534459

Buh bye, Red Sux!!!

:evil4:
    Hate to say it but, Yankees better get used to watching the sox on top again this season.......

I'm not a fan of either team ( Dodgers Fan Here) , but the Red Sox are two times the better team the yanks are this year......
    How can you say that Ned, the Yankees have been bitten big time by the injury bug and they are still only a game behind Boston?
    I'll answer that question with only one answer Darrin, it's called PITCHING....

I feel the Sox have a better starting rotation and they have some solid closers......Yankees have a very slim closing staff, bottom line is, pitching wins games......

Thats just how I see it...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'd actually prefer if my owner did not spend twice as much as nearly every other baseball team. If he did and we didn't win the world series nearly every year, I'd be embarassed. No offense to Yankee fans... thats just the way I see it.

On the same note, I'm not going to blame somebody whos been a lifetime fan for cheering on a talent filled roster.

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Steal of the year...maybe the decade!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2534459

Buh bye, Red Sux!!!

:evil4:
    Hate to say it but, Yankees better get used to watching the sox on top again this season.......

I'm not a fan of either team ( Dodgers Fan Here) , but the Red Sox are two times the better team the yanks are this year......
    How can you say that Ned, the Yankees have been bitten big time by the injury bug and they are still only a game behind Boston?
    I'll answer that question with only one answer Darrin, it's called PITCHING....

I feel the Sox have a better starting rotation and they have some solid closers......Yankees have a very slim closing staff, bottom line is, pitching wins games......

Thats just how I see it...
    Mussina...13 wins
    Wang...12 wins
    Johnson...11 wins

Schilling...13 wins
    Beckett...13 wins

Looks fairly even to me.

Team ERA

New York 4.40
    Boston 4.50

New York wins this one.

Team batting average

Boston .284
    New York .283

Basically even (but New York added a big bat while Boston sat on their hands).

AND after the Angels win tonight, New York will be in FIRST PLACE in the AL East! :grin:

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

OMGS...you youngsters show a lil respect for baseball...you guys either completely sickenly wish they'd all die...or absolutely love to hate them...the yanks are my team have been for nearly 40 years...so bite me..also the fact of the matter is I am FROM NY if I have a reason its cause i lived, grewup and conributed to the yanks...
    So..anyways..let em have it Cajun...)

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'd actually prefer if my owner did not spend twice as much as nearly every other baseball team. If he did and we didn't win the world series nearly every year, I'd be embarassed. No offense to Yankee fans... thats just the way I see it.

On the same note, I'm not going to blame somebody whos been a lifetime fan for cheering on a talent filled roster.
    Thanks, BH82

I wouldn't be embarrassed if Wilf spent the MAX every year on our team (he's already spend WAY MORE than TIGHTWAD RED!!!)

Signed,
    Cajunvike...YANKEE fan since 1977!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    OMGS...you youngsters show a lil respect for baseball...you guys either completely sickenly wish they'd all die...or absolutely love to hate them...the yanks are my team have been for nearly 40 years...so bite me..also the fact of the matter is I am FROM NY if I have a reason its cause i lived, grewup and conributed to the yanks...
    So..anyways..let em have it Cajun...)
    Youngsters?

Not here buddy. :wink:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast