Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The yankees at it again...

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    Yankees losing 22-4
    ;D

Tied for most runs given up at home in Yankees history
    Yet they still have a better record than the Twins.
    But not the Cubs.

=Z=
    That is true. And totally irrelevant.
    :P

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    The twins do it the right way. Maybe they don't win a championship every year or every few, but they develop players, play the game the way it should be played.

As for the 26 championships, do you realize the red sox have won TWO championships since the yankees have won their last. I think it's ridiculous they think they are entitled to win it every year. That's why they play the game, to see who is better, not who can spend the most, and miss the playoffs. If that was the purpose, the yankees would be in first.
    How is being cheap, doing it the right way?

Are we cheap or do we just not have money to spend?

aceclown is offline Coach

"V4L" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    The twins do it the right way. Maybe they don't win a championship every year or every few, but they develop players, play the game the way it should be played.

As for the 26 championships, do you realize the red sox have won TWO championships since the yankees have won their last. I think it's ridiculous they think they are entitled to win it every year. That's why they play the game, to see who is better, not who can spend the most, and miss the playoffs. If that was the purpose, the yankees would be in first.

Are we cheap or do we just not have money to spend?
    A little of column A, a little of column B.

Chuch.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Blue jays are 9-4

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

It's not being cheap, it's relying on scouting and player development to stay competitive when you don't have the funds that other teams do.
    Teams like the Yankees rely on other teams to do the scouting and player development and when those players are developed they use their funds to bring them to NY.
    I for one get more enjoyment out of seeing my team (Twins) succeed by building their talent from the draft and knowing how to get them to "The Show."
    I don't really mind the Yankees and other teams spending money on all the top talent because I know it doesn't necceserily translate to wins or a championship.
    It happened to the Yankees last year when they showed their lack of depth in their system following some injuries.
    Just like the NFL, the best teams will survive injuries to stars with good or great depth.
    Just look at A-Rods replacement - he went 1 for 25 or something to start the season and they have nobody serviceable to fill the position.
    On the other hand, if Crede went down, Buscher (or Harris, or Punto, or Tolbert) would step in and fill the roll and the Twins might not even lose a step.

Point is, I hate the Yankees.
    I hope they get beat 22-4 again 8)

Oh yeah...I know the 26 championships seems ridiculous but if you look at them after the Twins came to MN, they have 8 and we have 2...not quite as bad.
    There were only like 20 teams in the league when the Yankess won most of theirs...someone was bound to win most of them

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Mr. A I could agree with you on the Yankees FORMALLY being a great organization and there being merit to those 23 championships.
    The Nu Yankees deserve none of that respect or history.
    America's team my ass, they make every one of their players get rid of their personality(and facial hair) not to mention that most their players got their chops outside the organization.
    The Yankees of today are nothing more than a merchandise machine filled with washed ups and mercenaries that are supposed to be so great because they wear pin stripes.
    Joltin Joe would be ashamed of what this story franchise has become.

I don't hate the Yankees just because of their horrifically large payroll.
    It's the butchering of a legend of baseball that won championships with their players to simply a platform for a Steinbrenner to mouth off while going on a power trip that makes them feel great and making money.

I would much rather be happy with Minnesota's two championships and never seeing gold again then see my Twins become a roster of people I don't even want to cheer for.
    I'll give you Derek Jeter, he's the only Yankee I like.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Blue jays are 9-4
    high five!
    We're bringing purple back.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]KAY SHILLS AS FANS GET $OAKED[/size]

Last updated: 4:34 am
    May 8, 2009
    Posted: 2:23 am
    May 8, 2009

Reader Gary Cicio, NYC podiatrist, did the research, and asks us to choose one of the two options to see a Mariners-Yankees game this season, and from the very best seats:

Option 1: Two tickets to Tuesday night, June 30, Mariners at Yanks, cost for just the tickets, $5,000.

Option 2: Two round-trip airline tickets to Seattle, Friday, Aug. 14, return Sunday the 16th, rental car for three days, two-night double occupancy stay in four-star hotel, two top tickets to both the Saturday and Sunday Yanks-Mariners games, two best-restaurant-in-town dinners for two. Total cost, $2,800. Plus-frequent flyer miles.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Yeah, they still have decently priced tickets up in the nose bleed sections but I'm sure they sell out quick.
    Anything that's close to seeing the players is a $100 or more.
    Glad I'm a twins fan for $100 3rd base tickets at Yankees stadium I get them for 21-50.
    Although I am curious to see what the Twins will charge with their small payroll and tax payer funded stadium.
    Not sure if they released that yet, I'll have to look.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

All Yankee haters can suck it, we may not be doing well now, but your teams have been crappy for years!
    ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast