bender_over is offline Rookie

The Xcel Energy Center

I'm not a hockey fan but I've gone to about a half a dozen USHL games and I really enjoy watching it in person. I recently moved from Sioux Falls to the Twin Cities and I plan on going to my first NHL game this fall.

How are the sight lines in the Xcel Energy Center from the upper deck seats?

I'd probably go for the upper level side seats ($36) but if the upper level end seats ($15) are decent seats, I'd consider going with them.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: The Xcel Energy Center

Not a bad seat in the joint. We're season ticket holders there too and we've been upstairs and down...and enjoyed it from anywhere.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

He's dead on - that rink doesn't have a bad seat in it. I saw Lemiux play in one of his last games there and my seats were NOT great, but I didn't miss any action.

That is one well-designed facility.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Anyone know when the single game tickets go on sale for the Wild, as we were thinking of taking in a game whilst we're in the TC in November
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That place is awesome. I was there a couple of years ago for the All Star game. It was great, you'll have a great time no matter where you sit!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Xcel Energy= toast of the league, the absolute nicest hockey rink I have ever been in and from what I here from people that have been there have said the exact same thing!!

Cheers!

Best hockey rink in the world!! Better than anything in Canada! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bender_over is offline Rookie

I'm not a hockey fan by any means but live games are an absolute blast. I've been to several minor league sporting events in Sioux Falls and the Stampede games (hockey) are by far my favorite. I'd pick a Stampede game any day over a Canaries (baseball), Skyforce (basketball), or Storm (indoor football).

I doubt I'll feel the same way about the Wild over the Vikings, Twins, and Bulls, but I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun. Who knows, maybe after attending a few games I might actually follow the NHL more closely.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    That place is awesome. I was there a couple of years ago for the All Star game. It was great, you'll have a great time no matter where you sit!
    YOU WERE THERE???? SO WAS MRS. SHOCK AND I!!!!! We were about 10 rows back, lower level, about the red line. Wow, wasn't that cool??!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

You had better seats than me. We were behind one of the goals (I'm not sure which one, about 20 rows up. We were sitting right behind Mark Messier's family and about 2 rows up from a former great hockey player out of South St. Paul (I can't remember his d@mn name!) It was fun as he!! there!!