Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: XBOX 360 Live

  1. #21
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I want to know if there is a difference between component and HDMI?
    There is, but I can't explain it.

    =Z=
    Component is analog and HDMI is digital.

  2. #22
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I want to know if there is a difference between component and HDMI?
    There is, but I can't explain it.

    =Z=
    Why not?

  3. #23
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I want to know if there is a difference between component and HDMI?
    There is, but I can't explain it.

    =Z=
    Why not?

    BLV,What are you doing logged under the name of mars?
    El underdog.

  4. #24
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    Would a highspeed internet connection that gets about 120 kb/s be fast enough to play x-box live? I have the free 6 months of x-box live somewhere, just haven't really looked at which one of the billion pieces of paper it is. And that sucks I paid 299 for my x-box 2-3 weeks ago.

  5. #25
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    Yes it does go up to 1080

    And I got a cord for the back on mine and I got mine set to it.. Looks awesome


  6. #26
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    The Xbox Arcade includes an HDMI output, so you can experience your games in the highest definition possible, up to 1080p (HDMI cable sold separately).

    I might have to go get one. My shitty ass 360 never came with a HDMI output.

    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm?WT.svl=nav
    2 things:

    1.
    Are you sure the arcade comes with the HDMI cable?
    The chart at the bottom of your link showed that only the Elite came with the HDMI cable.

    2.
    Are you sure you can get 1080p out of an XBOX 360?
    Even the majority of my PS3 games are in 720p.
    I had heard that the highest res you can get from an XBOX is 720.
    Regardless, there isn't THAT much difference between the two formats; Both look awesome.

    You should defeinitely get an HDMI cable if you playing on an HDTV.
    I hooked my PS3 up with the A/V cables one time just to check it out and it looked like complete crap compared to the HDMI cable.
    The two cables are like night and day - not even in the same league.
    It does not come with the cable, only an output. My Xbox at home does not even have an output.

    Did you hook it up with the component (blue/green/red) cable or just standard A/V (yellow)?

    I want to know if there is a difference between component and HDMI?
    Sorry,
    I guessed you specifically said "output" and I overlooked it thinking cable for some reason.

    I just hooked up the standard A/V which reduced the picture quality by 75% I bet.
    It looked like I was playing games on my PS2...even the GUI looked bad.

    HDMI is the best...how much better I couldn't tell you.
    I ran my PS2 on component and it looked marginally better than standard A/V, however that was running on my old TV that wasn't HD.

  7. #27
    YogidAbEAR's Avatar
    YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    360 can't give true 1080p, only upscaled 720. only way to get real 1080p from your 360 is with the hddvd add on. the ps3 can do 1080p gaming, only with select titles, which advertise it on the front. it also gives 1080p for bluray playback.

    if you've ever looked, the back of 360 games list all the resolutions it can be played in, but it includes upscaled version, so lies. the ps3 versions only list the actual rendered resoultion, which is why almost none advertise as being in true 1080p.

    the differences you'll see with the 360 between hdmi and component should be virtually unnoticeable, the only real difference is analogue vs digital

  8. #28
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    360 can't give true 1080p, only upscaled 720. only way to get real 1080p from your 360 is with the hddvd add on. the ps3 can do 1080p gaming, only with select titles, which advertise it on the front. it also gives 1080p for bluray playback.

    if you've ever looked, the back of 360 games list all the resolutions it can be played in, but it includes upscaled version, so lies. the ps3 versions only list the actual rendered resoultion, which is why almost none advertise as being in true 1080p.

    the differences you'll see with the 360 between hdmi and component should be virtually unnoticeable, the only real difference is analogue vs digital
    So should I just buy a 720 HDTV and just hook it up component? Should I not worry about getting an Xbox with HDMI hookup?

  9. #29
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    360 can't give true 1080p, only upscaled 720. only way to get real 1080p from your 360 is with the hddvd add on. the ps3 can do 1080p gaming, only with select titles, which advertise it on the front. it also gives 1080p for bluray playback.

    if you've ever looked, the back of 360 games list all the resolutions it can be played in, but it includes upscaled version, so lies. the ps3 versions only list the actual rendered resoultion, which is why almost none advertise as being in true 1080p.

    the differences you'll see with the 360 between hdmi and component should be virtually unnoticeable, the only real difference is analogue vs digital
    So should I just buy a 720 HDTV and just hook it up component? Should I not worry about getting an Xbox with HDMI hookup?

    You should check the back of the cord that connects to the TV

    Mine has the option of switching it to Hd or not

    Idk if all have this or not?

    I think its cool though cuz for awhile I was playing it on regular then one day switch the switch to HD and out of a sudden everything looked crystal clear

    I put my settings to 720

  10. #30
    YogidAbEAR's Avatar
    YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: XBOX 360 Live

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    360 can't give true 1080p, only upscaled 720. only way to get real 1080p from your 360 is with the hddvd add on. the ps3 can do 1080p gaming, only with select titles, which advertise it on the front. it also gives 1080p for bluray playback.

    if you've ever looked, the back of 360 games list all the resolutions it can be played in, but it includes upscaled version, so lies. the ps3 versions only list the actual rendered resoultion, which is why almost none advertise as being in true 1080p.

    the differences you'll see with the 360 between hdmi and component should be virtually unnoticeable, the only real difference is analogue vs digital
    So should I just buy a 720 HDTV and just hook it up component? Should I not worry about getting an Xbox with HDMI hookup?

    if you don't already have an hdtv buy a 1080p one for so many reasons. also i think all xboxs have hdmi now. hdmi also allows you to upconvert dvds, component does not(dumb laws). that said dvd upconverting is nothing compared to bluray or hddvd. 1080p is the way to go for the long run. but i have a 720p tv and it looks amazing for xbox, ps3, and bluray. but definetly get 1080

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 11:49 PM
  2. Halo 3 xbox live
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-01-2008, 06:50 PM
  3. Xbox live GamerTags
    By MightyVikes12391 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 01:42 AM
  4. Xbox Live PP.o
    By ChiTownVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 09:57 PM
  5. Xbox Live
    By ChiTownVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 01:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •