Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 Live

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: XBOX 360 Live

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I want to know if there is a difference between component and HDMI?
    There is, but I can't explain it.

=Z=
    Component is analog and HDMI is digital.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

=Z=
    Why not?

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

=Z=
    Why not?

BLV,What are you doing logged under the name of mars?
    El underdog.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Would a highspeed internet connection that gets about 120 kb/s be fast enough to play x-box live? I have the free 6 months of x-box live somewhere, just haven't really looked at which one of the billion pieces of paper it is. And that sucks I paid 299 for my x-box 2-3 weeks ago.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yes it does go up to 1080

And I got a cord for the back on mine and I got mine set to it.. Looks awesome

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"marstc09" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    The Xbox Arcade includes an HDMI output, so you can experience your games in the highest definition possible, up to 1080p (HDMI cable sold separately).

I might have to go get one. My shitty ass 360 never came with a HDMI output.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm?WT.svl=nav
    2 things:

Are you sure the arcade comes with the HDMI cable?
    The chart at the bottom of your link showed that only the Elite came with the HDMI cable.

Are you sure you can get 1080p out of an XBOX 360?
    Even the majority of my PS3 games are in 720p.
    I had heard that the highest res you can get from an XBOX is 720.
    Regardless, there isn't THAT much difference between the two formats; Both look awesome.

You should defeinitely get an HDMI cable if you playing on an HDTV.
    I hooked my PS3 up with the A/V cables one time just to check it out and it looked like complete crap compared to the HDMI cable.
    The two cables are like night and day - not even in the same league.
    It does not come with the cable, only an output. My Xbox at home does not even have an output.

Did you hook it up with the component (blue/green/red) cable or just standard A/V (yellow)?

Sorry,
    I guessed you specifically said "output" and I overlooked it thinking cable for some reason.

I just hooked up the standard A/V which reduced the picture quality by 75% I bet.
    It looked like I was playing games on my PS2...even the GUI looked bad.

HDMI is the best...how much better I couldn't tell you.
    I ran my PS2 on component and it looked marginally better than standard A/V, however that was running on my old TV that wasn't HD.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

360 can't give true 1080p, only upscaled 720. only way to get real 1080p from your 360 is with the hddvd add on. the ps3 can do 1080p gaming, only with select titles, which advertise it on the front. it also gives 1080p for bluray playback.

if you've ever looked, the back of 360 games list all the resolutions it can be played in, but it includes upscaled version, so lies. the ps3 versions only list the actual rendered resoultion, which is why almost none advertise as being in true 1080p.

the differences you'll see with the 360 between hdmi and component should be virtually unnoticeable, the only real difference is analogue vs digital

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    360 can't give true 1080p, only upscaled 720. only way to get real 1080p from your 360 is with the hddvd add on. the ps3 can do 1080p gaming, only with select titles, which advertise it on the front. it also gives 1080p for bluray playback.

if you've ever looked, the back of 360 games list all the resolutions it can be played in, but it includes upscaled version, so lies. the ps3 versions only list the actual rendered resoultion, which is why almost none advertise as being in true 1080p.

the differences you'll see with the 360 between hdmi and component should be virtually unnoticeable, the only real difference is analogue vs digital
    So should I just buy a 720 HDTV and just hook it up component? Should I not worry about getting an Xbox with HDMI hookup?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

So should I just buy a 720 HDTV and just hook it up component? Should I not worry about getting an Xbox with HDMI hookup?

You should check the back of the cord that connects to the TV

Mine has the option of switching it to Hd or not

Idk if all have this or not?

I think its cool though cuz for awhile I was playing it on regular then one day switch the switch to HD and out of a sudden everything looked crystal clear

I put my settings to 720

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

"marstc09" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:

if you don't already have an hdtv buy a 1080p one for so many reasons. also i think all xboxs have hdmi now. hdmi also allows you to upconvert dvds, component does not(dumb laws). that said dvd upconverting is nothing compared to bluray or hddvd. 1080p is the way to go for the long run. but i have a 720p tv and it looks amazing for xbox, ps3, and bluray. but definetly get 1080

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast