Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Xbox 360 Camp Out!

as some people may know the xbox 360 launches tuesday. I will be camping out from 5pm Monday evening till 9 AM tuesday morning to get my hands on the 360! I'm going to miss one of the biggest games this season but I will be with you guys in spirit!!!

anyone else gettin one?

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Xbox 360 Camp Out!

Probably. But I don't need to have it right away.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

No sense in wasting $300 - 400 dollars on that when the PS3 is coming out in a few months and is going to blow it away

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Wot that's insane man.. Nah im not getting one.. Too much of a hassle.. And too much money.. U should bring a radio so u can listen to the game man

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Good luck with that but I'll be watching the game and I am a playstation gamer so I am waiting for that system.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Valhalladeath is offline Training Camp

PS3 probably isn't going to come out until next fall. That being said, I am still going to wait a bit for the Xbox360. It looks like a sweet machine, but the launch lineup is a little weak for me. I am going to wait until there is a bigger selection of good, non-ported games--probably in March when Halo 3 comes out.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    as some people may know the xbox 360 launches tuesday. I will be camping out from 5pm Monday evening till 9 AM tuesday morning to get my hands on the 360! I'm going to miss one of the biggest games this season but I will be with you guys in spirit!!!

anyone else gettin one?
    I will be! I'll be @ Wal-Mart at 7 on monday night waiting til midnight...hopefully that will be early enough! I'm also banking on the fact the TVs in the electronics dept. will have the MNF game on!

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    No sense in wasting $300 - 400 dollars on that when the PS3 is coming out in a few months and is going to blow it away
    And I hate to turn this into a PS3 vs. XBox 360 thread, but I don't think the PS3 is going to blow it away. First of all, the processor that looked so superior @ E3 isn't the one they are going to use for the system. At that point that was only the goal, and they had no working processor or games. Everything now points to the fact that they will only have about equal, or maybe slightly superior graphics to the XBox 360 by launch. Second of all, the Cell processor which PS3 developed is driving programmers nuts. Every programmer is saying that the Cell is incredibly difficult to program with because of its multi-layered setup. This setup makes the programmers have to work 10x harder to divide up which processes they want where, and make sure each of the processes works seemlessly. There's a good chance that this difficulty could drive up costs for game developers and alienate certain companies away from Sony.

So really there's no proof that PS3 is going to "blow it away" and it in fact might end up worse.

Valhalladeath is offline Training Camp

I've said it once, I've said it a million times--It's all about the software! I'll end up owning all the systems, (I am a freelance gaming journalist as a second job), at some point in time, but the system that comes out on top is the one that gets the third party software developer support. Being the best machine has never meant number one in hardware sales, so I expect a big battle coming up in the next few years. Should be a lot of fun! BTW, where is the love for the Nintendo Revolution? =)

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Valhalladeath" wrote:
    I've said it once, I've said it a million times--It's all about the software! I'll end up owning all the systems, (I am a freelance gaming journalist as a second job), at some point in time, but the system that comes out on top is the one that gets the third party software developer support. Being the best machine has never meant number one in hardware sales, so I expect a big battle coming up in the next few years. Should be a lot of fun! BTW, where is the love for the Nintendo Revolution? =)
    Ha! I took one look at the controller and turned the other way! Another dumb idea by Nintendo, IMO. The president of Nintendo said "There are people who would never touch a game controller, but anyone would pick up a TV remote."

While this may be true, the only people that are going to pick up a remote to play a GAME is the same demographic who picked up a controller to play a GAME. People who want to play video games play them. Just because you change the controller doesn't mean people will have more interest in playing video games. Personally, I think they just alienated most regular gamers who would rather use a regular, proven controller than a gimmicky remote, while at the same time failing to appeal to people who don't play them.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

thats pathetic man.

jk. hope ya don't immediately regret that decsition

Go vikes!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast