Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Xbox 360 - Backward Compatibility -SCAM-

Okay I need to really vent about my Xbox 360.

First let me say I had the originial Xbox and it was starting to wear out. So I decided to buy a new 360.

First I bought a 360 Core this is the unit without the harddrive. I'm thinking I just want to play once in a while. Not going to do the Live thing.

So I buy it get it home and whata ya know you cannot play the original Xbox games on the Xbox 360 without the harddrive.

So I wait about a week and decide to go get the hard drive. Talking to the video game dude he tells me you need the drive because it downloads an emulator to play the original xbox games. So I'm like okay makes a little sense.

Long story short
    get it home and what do you know it only PLAYS games ported over to this new emulator.

My kid and I were all set to play some Fry Cry death match and boom this crap ugh!

So now it's 11:47pm Phx time and I cannot play one game on this FRIGGING thing. I'm so piss.

I'm shocked there has not been more people pissed about this. I have Far Cry and cannot play it. My old Madden 06 cannot play it. My hunting game cannot play it.

This is the BIGGEST scam. They should mention first both pieces of this when buying this thing. So it's going back tomorrow and I will wait for the PS-3.

Puck Microsoft.

This is the current list of playable games on the XBOX 360. Hopefully it will save you from making the same mistake I did.

(If your original xbox game is NOT on this list it will NOT play on 360)
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Known issuses with backward compatibility
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitysupportissues.htm

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Xbox 360 - Backward Compatibility -SCAM-

I feel you man.

I have always been a Sony guy when it came to gaming, but I went out and bougt the 360 anyways.

I like it and all, but whats this about buying a $100 hard drive and having to pay for Xbox live to get features that should be on games?

For example, for alternate jerseys on NCAA 07, you need a HDD and live just to "download" jerseys that have been in every NCAA game previous to that!

Same with a few other games. You can't get certain vehicles, weapons, levels, etc....without downloading them.

Just a way for Microsoft to get us to spend more money.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikes" wrote:

First let me say I had the originial Xbox and it was starting to wear out. So I decided to buy a new 360.

First I bought a 360 Core this is the unit without the harddrive. I'm thinking I just want to play once in a while. Not going to do the Live thing.

So I buy it get it home and whata ya know you cannot play the original Xbox games on the Xbox 360 without the harddrive.

So I wait about a week and decide to go get the hard drive. Talking to the video game dude he tells me you need the drive because it downloads an emulator to play the original xbox games. So I'm like okay makes a little sense.

Long story short
    get it home and what do you know it only PLAYS games ported over to this new emulator.

My kid and I were all set to play some Fry Cry death match and boom this crap ugh!

So now it's 11:47pm Phx time and I cannot play one game on this FRIGGING thing. I'm so piss.

I'm shocked there has not been more people pissed about this. I have Far Cry and cannot play it. My old Madden 06 cannot play it. My hunting game cannot play it.

This is the BIGGEST scam. They should mention first both pieces of this when buying this thing. So it's going back tomorrow and I will wait for the PS-3.

Puck Microsoft.

This is the current list of playable games on the XBOX 360. Hopefully it will save you from making the same mistake I did.

Looks like Microsoft is working to get all their games working.
    How is this a scam?

You should be angry at the retailer you bought it from.

I'm not a big gamer, but does SONY make their stuff backwards compatible?

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:

Long story short

Puck Microsoft.

Looks like Microsoft is working to get all their games working.
    How is this a scam?

You should be angry at the retailer you bought it from.

I'm not a big gamer, but does SONY make their stuff backwards compatible?
    Yeah, the PS3 will be fully backwards compatible, just like the PS2 was.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    It will also cost close to $1000 because of Sony's use of Blu-RayHD.

I love my PS2 and loved the PS before that.
    But the above is totally stupid, and I broke and got the 360 a couple weeks ago.
    I'm still getting used to the controller and button-setup, but the graphics are awesome.
    Can't say that Madden07 isn't a disappointment - where the hell is JOHN MADDEN - but it still rocks and I'm enjoying playing.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Sorry to hear about the pain in the @$$ that you bought! Hopefully when the PS3 comes out those issues won't come up and it won't cost a grand!! Otherwise I'll have to stick with the good ol trusty ps2!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

always research before you buy
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

hindsight my friend, hindsight!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    It will also cost close to $1000 because of Sony's use of Blu-RayHD.

I love my PS2 and loved the PS before that.
    But the above is totally stupid, and I broke and got the 360 a couple weeks ago.
    I'm still getting used to the controller and button-setup, but the graphics are awesome.
    Can't say that Madden07 isn't a disappointment - where the hell is JOHN MADDEN - but it still rocks and I'm enjoying playing.

=Z=
    Madden is a bit of a disappointment this year. There are a lot of little issues (like lineman being numbered '0' after they're drafted) that make it aggrivating, but it is still a good game.

As far as it being a scam, I disagree. If anyone you should be mad at the retailer and the guy you bought it from for being misinformed. Microsoft never claimed the XBox 360 would be fully backwards compatible, in fact, at first it wasn't going to be backwards compatible at all. They've always said it's "limited compatibility", that's why they have the list on their website.

My advice would be to buy a new XBox and keep your XBox 360 too. You can get an Xbox for 100-150 dollars and the 360 was what? Roughly 400 bucks? Put that together you're STILL at less money than the 600 dollar system that Sony is going to try to sell.

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

xbox 360 uses a diffrent graphics system then the original, so special software is needed for each game to make it compatible for the 360. this is why playstation rules. also considering the amount of time people spend on their playstation and that it'll be about 6 years until the PS4 comes out, $600 for the entry level system is a deal. thats a hundred bucks a year for use of the system. it cost about $30-40 to rent one for a week from blockbuster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast