Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: WWE suspends 10 wrestlers for suspected steriod connection

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/08/30/wrestlers/index.html

While the WWE declined to release the names of the suspended athletes, SI has learned that a dozen professional wrestlers have received steroids and/or human growth hormone through the drug network. The WWE would not confirm which, if any, of the following wrestlers are among those suspended:

• Benoit, who died June 24, 2007, received nandrolone and anastrozole in February 2006. (Anastrozole is used by athletes to counter side effects of steroid use, such as water retention and breast enlargement.)

• Two weeks prior to Eddie Guerrero's death on Nov. 13, 2005, he was sent nandrolone, testosterone, and anastrozole. Guerrero died in a Minneapolis hotel room due to what a coroner later ruled as heart disease, complicated by an enlarged heart resulting from a history of anabolic steroid use.

• Chavo Guerrero, who found his uncle Eddie dead in the Minneapolis hotel room, received, among other drugs, somatropin (HGH), nandrolone and anastrozole between April 2005 and May 2006.

• Between November 2003 and February 2007, Shane Helms, a/k/a The Hurricane, received, among other drugs, testosterone, genotropin (HGH) and nandrolone. (As previously reported by SI, he allegedly received HGH from an Arizona doctor in 2005.)

• Starting in September 2004 through February 2007, Randy Orton received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol.

• John Hennigan, a/k/a Johnny Nitro, a.k.a. Johnny Morrison, is the current WWE Extreme Championship Wrestling's heavyweight champion. Between June 2006 and February 2007 he was prescribed somatropin, anastrozole, testosterone, stanozolol and chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone produced naturally during pregnancy. (HCG is taken by anabolic steroid users to stimulate the production of testosterone, which is suppressed as a result of steroid use.)

• Ken Anderson, a/k/a Mr. Kennedy, lost to Eddie Guerrero in Guerrero's final match on Nov. 11, 2005. Kennedy received shipments of anastrozole, somatropin and testosterone between October 2006 and February 2007.

• Shoichi Funaki received somatropin in March 2006.

• Brian Adams, a/k/a Crush, who retired from the pro circuit in 2001, was found dead of unknown causes on Aug. 13. He received nandrolone, testosterone and Somatropin or HGH in December 2006.

• Charles Haas was prescribed anastrozole, somatropin, stanozolol, nandrolone and chorionic gonadotropin between August 2006 and January 2007.

• Edward Fatu received somatropin between July and December 2006.

• Between November 2004 and November 2006, Darren Matthews received stanozolol, somatropin, genotropin, and anastrozole.

• Adam Copeland, a/k/a Edge, received somatropin, genotropin (both HGH), and stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007.

• Sylvain Grenier received somatropin, nandrolone, genotropin and stanozolol, starting in February 2005 through July 2006.

Through WWE spokesman Gary Davis, the applicable WWE wrestlers listed above declined comment.

In the wake of Eddie Guerrero's steroid-related death, the WWE instituted a "Talent Wellness Program" in February 2006. The policy "prohibits the use of performance-enhancing drugs, as well as other prescription drugs which can be abused, if taken for other than a legitimate medical purpose pursuant to a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician. For purposes of WWE's policy, prescriptions obtained over the Internet and/or from suppliers of prescription drugs from the Internet are not considered to have been given for a legitimate medical purpose."

Buddy is offline Waterboy

I certainly hope that some of the top midcarders and maineventers are suspended. Just because there has been a tendency that the wellness-policy has pretty much affected low-carders so far.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Well it had to take a man sacraficing himself and his family to realize something is a askew here.I am sure they're were more of them, before they implied on having this "policy" in place.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Have they released names yet?

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The real funny thing is that HHH (Triple H) was not part of this.

He was a mere 240 or so when he broke on the scene and in one year went up to about 290 and got just ripped. There is no way on gods green earth he did that without chemical enhancement, but when you are banging the owners daughter I am sure there are ways to get out of testing.

Actually it has been openly documented HHH is a workhorse in the gym.
    I am not saying this as a HHH fan because I do not really like him, but the guy is extremely focused on his workout regimen.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Wow. Just wow.

Here's a question for all of you professional rassling guys that has just got me buggered:

How exactly can hormones or steroids help you perform in a fake competition?

I'm just baffled.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"The" wrote:
    Wow. Just wow.

Here's a question for all of you professional rassling guys that has just got me buggered:

I'm just baffled.
    I think they use them just to bulk themselves up.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    Wow. Just wow.

I'm just baffled.
    Right. So why should they be suspended? I mean, it's not like they were cheating.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"The" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    Wow. Just wow.

I'm just baffled.
    Right. So why should they be suspended? I mean, it's not like they were cheating.
    But it is illegal

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The real funny thing is that HHH (Triple H) was not part of this.

He was a mere 240 or so when he broke on the scene and in one year went up to about 290 and got just ripped. There is no way on gods green earth he did that without chemical enhancement, but when you are banging the owners daughter I am sure there are ways to get out of testing.

Actually it has been openly documented HHH is a workhorse in the gym.
    I am not saying this as a HHH fan because I do not really like him, but the guy is extremely focused on his workout regimen.
    Alot of guys on roids are workhorses in the Gym. But you just don't put on the mass he did as fast as he did by just diet and exercise. Do you remember what he looked like before he bulked up and how fast he did it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast