Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow #500

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Wow #500

"magicci" wrote:
    i was at 400 one day and noticed i wasnt posting as much, i was at my 8th month here at pp.org so i just started posting a lot and in no time i got to the point where im at :grin:

Thus the name post whore!! lol

Congrats on 500, I guess!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

I found it JDogg:

ON THE TUBE
    ABC will televise the game to a split-national audience. Mike Tirico Tim Brant and Suzy Shuster will call the action. The game is also available on ESPN's GamePlan pay-per-view and online services.

RADIO BROADCAST
    Iowa games are broadcast on the Hawkeye Radio Network. Gary Dolphin handles the play-by-play, with color commentator Ed Podolak and sideline reporter Rob Brooks. The Hawkeye Radio Network includes more than 40 stations throughout the state

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

What time is the game??? I'm sure I can find a sports bar somewhere that has the Gameplan, if it's not on ABC in Minneapolis. Of course, I'd have to drag VikingsBabe away from the mall. That may be a bit of a challenge.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

JDogg you going to the Saints game? I picked up some obstructed view seats that were cheap. Here's when the game is:

University of Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz sat down with local, regional and national media Tuesday and stated the obvious: Winning in Columbus, Ohio - for any team, any year - is a significant accomplishment. The Hawkeyes have that opportunity Saturday at 11 a.m. when they square off against Ohio State in this year's Big Ten Conference opener for both teams.

"They don't appear to have any weaknesses. We're also playing at Columbus, and that's always a great challenge," Ferentz said during his opening remarks.

Iowa's head coach said he can't remember a "bad" Ohio State team and this team falls into the "good team" category.

"Extremely talented. Extremely experienced. Just a typical Ohio State football team," said Ferentz.

"We're seeing some real challenges on offense and on defense," he continued. "They're also solid on special teams. They've replaced (placekicker Mike) Nugent with another talented player."

Ferentz said the Ohio State roster is filled with student-athletes who can change the complexion of a game.

Iowa's head coach said he's pleased with the progress of his offense, particularly the running game.

"We're blocking a little better in the running game than a year ago. We're a little more veteran than we were a year ago and that's one reason why we've had some success. We're doing some good things and we need it to continue if we're going to have some success," said Ferentz.

Ferentz said Ohio Stadium is a tough place to play for lots of reasons including the fact that they usually have a pretty good team.

"You show up there and there's usually a pretty good team if not a very good team waiting for you. They always have good talent," said Ferentz.

hawkeyesports.com will provide a deeper review of Ferentz's weekly visit with the media later today.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    I didn't think I would get to 500 this fast. I hope my boss doesn't find out...he might take my laptop from me...he..he :lol: Hopefully not all of my posts have been fluff. I am shooting for the ever so sought after H.O.F. This week we will rebound against the Aints!!! Maybe because I will be there??? :wink:
    Congrats on the .5 G, Shane!

The true secret to high post totals is to post WHENEVER you feel you have something to say...you don't have to wait for some great revelation or some magical event to post...we are all here to share our opinions and thoughts...brainstorming, if you will...to create a forum that fosters discussion about our favorite team. If some of that discussion drifts into other topics, so be it...think about how you and your friends got close...not just talking about work or serious stuff...no, you usually start to clown around and talk about trivial stuff...that way you create common bonds and points of reference. Well, that is how this board works...we are all making friends here...so that we can feel free to talk about whatever strikes our fancy. That way, when we get down to discussing the Vikings, we are amongst friends....and we can say whatever we feel needs to be said, without worrying about what the others will think. Freedom of expression...the PPO way!!!

Remember, it's not really about numbers...it's about contributing to the conversation...some people are talkers (me) and some people are listeners (lurkers). What I try to do is to keep the conversation moving so that the lurkers will eventually come out of the woodwork and say what is on their mind. Hence my signature!

Gentlemen (and ladies), start your keyboards!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Should be a good game (Iowa at Ohio St).

Yes, I'll be at the Saints game, unobstructed view baby!!
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Thanks Cajun you kick butt on this site!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    I didn't think I would get to 500 this fast. I hope my boss doesn't find out...he might take my laptop from me...he..he :lol: Hopefully not all of my posts have been fluff. I am shooting for the ever so sought after H.O.F. This week we will rebound against the Aints!!! Maybe because I will be there??? :wink:
    Congrats on the .5 G, Shane!

The true secret to high post totals is to post WHENEVER you feel you have something to say...you don't have to wait for some great revelation or some magical event to post...we are all here to share our opinions and thoughts...brainstorming, if you will...to create a forum that fosters discussion about our favorite team. If some of that discussion drifts into other topics, so be it...think about how you and your friends got close...not just talking about work or serious stuff...no, you usually start to clown around and talk about trivial stuff...that way you create common bonds and points of reference. Well, that is how this board works...we are all making friends here...so that we can feel free to talk about whatever strikes our fancy. That way, when we get down to discussing the Vikings, we are amongst friends....and we can say whatever we feel needs to be said, without worrying about what the others will think. Freedom of expression...the PPO way!!!

Remember, it's not really about numbers...it's about contributing to the conversation...some people are talkers (me) and some people are listeners (lurkers). What I try to do is to keep the conversation moving so that the lurkers will eventually come out of the woodwork and say what is on their mind. Hence my signature!

Gentlemen (and ladies), start your keyboards!

You're always so insightful cajun!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

6-KINGS Guest

[/quote]

C What I try to do is to keep the conversation moving so that the lurkers will eventually come out of the woodwork and say what is on their mind. Hence my signature!

[/quote]

You know like Ted Bundy did to his young victims.......

LOL

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Cajun is right. The key to posting is to just post something whenever you have an idea. If it gets trashed then just say "oh well". I mean.. If you're lucky you may come up with a "Purplepride the Movie" or "Cheer UP vikes fans".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast