Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:The Worst Present You Ever Bought Thread

Bkfldviking wrote:
    I can relate, my Aunt a Southern Baptist was horrified when I converted to the Catholic faith. I think I was disowned, but no one actually said so.
    What was so horrifying for my family was that I actually opened, read and yes, even wrote in the Bible.

Only time I ever remember our "Family Bible" getting opened was when someone was born, married or died.

LOL, My Mom did attend a service with me once. She lauged at how loud we were in church.

Family, can't live withem, can't live without em.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

LOL, I just remembered this one. Should have been my number one......

a. English Saddle
    b. My daughter
    c. She races/rides/competes Western.

When I first married Wildwoman and moved her from lovely MN to the far reaches of the earth during my Naval career, she was forced to sell her horse.

To gloss this loss over a bit, I promised to buy her a horse when I retired and we settled down in one place. In 2001 I did that as well as to buy my daughter one.

Eventually my daughter became quite a horseman/lady and was doing real well racing barrels and things of that nature but was having issues with her saddle.

I found this lovely English saddle and bought it thinking I was gonna get mad "#1 Dad" props.

Suffice it to say, I have a very nice English saddle I hope that my granddaughter will use one day.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Not sure, but some guy got me a VT Hokies hat... dunno what he was thinking

just kiddin :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ultravikingsfan
    Label maker. I re-gifted it!
    funny enough, I actually just watched that episode on tv the other day.
    You should have seen a couple that the chucklehead had in his hand.

Your lucky his wife was there...... Might have been worse.
    as long as it didn't have one of
    these:

these:

these:

or

It would have likely been good

Blog Entries

this one was one of the worst given to me:

About 7 years ago, I dislocated my shoulder for the second time, doctor said I should stop snowboarding, since when you wipe out, you roll and the shoulders are at risk. Well, later that year for christmas I get a new pair of snowboard boots and a board bag.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I was in Ecuador and bought this really fancy dress for my sister, took the rest of the coinage that I had and was so excited to give it to her for Christmas. I gave it to her and she started crying because she had gained too much weight since last time I saw her and she couldn't wear it. Turns out that she tried to sell it in a consignment store a year or so later and they wouldn't even take it. It was either the style differences in that part of the world or, more likely, my intoxicated buying binge that was flawed.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

In my case, it wasn't so much that they where bad gifts, but I must have gotten the gifts mixed up, and I put the wrong name on them...

My Dad recieved a really nice set of 6 Silk Bra's....His face? Something like this :unsure:

My Niece Terra, A book titled " Iron Coffins " A story about WWII German U-Boats.

Her face: :huh:

LOL, all was straightend out with a quick gift swap....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

NordicNed wrote:
    In my case, it wasn't so much that they where bad gifts, but I must have gotten the gifts mixed up, and I put the wrong name on them...

My Dad recieved a really nice set of 6 Silk Bra's....His face? Something like this :unsure:

My Niece Terra, A book titled " Iron Coffins " A story about WWII German U-Boats.

Why are you buying your niece silk bras? seems a little creepy.

Blog Entries

jmcdon00 wrote:
    NordicNed wrote:

Why are you buying your niece silk bras? seems a little creepy.
    Ned: Here you go, now you go out and have some fun tonight

I'm curious, how did he know the size? Did he ask, or just check her out enough while she wasn't looking and make his best assumption.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

LOL, Hey, I asked my sister what could I buy for her, and or, what did she want. That was one of 3 items, if I remember correctly. Gave me a good reason to hang out at Victoria's Secrets, at the mall. LOL Plus, once I got a look at the price, I knew she couldn't afford them herself. Sis also gave me the size info.....

Once the mix up was straighted out, she loved the gift! Thats what matters most.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

My dad once got my mom a bathroom scale for their anniversery. Didn't go over very well, I'm pretty sure she is still angry.

My grandma only bought the grand kids gifts twice that I can remember. One year we all got berenstein bears books, my sister who was about 4 loved hers, me and my brothers who were approximately 9, 11, 13 were less impressed.

The other time me and my older brother got a chia pet to share. We were both in our teens.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast