Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Worst Media Awards

Does Michael Moore count as a media figure? If so, he's at the top of my list!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

My WMA (Worst Media Awards) would go to:

SPORTS:

FOOTBALL - Terry Bradshaw, just for being an overbearing and obnoxious jerk in general. Runners-up are any announcer who, during a Packers game, is unable to be understood because he has his lips wrapped too tightly around Favre's....um....pigskin.

BASEBALL - All of them, for not actively lobbying before, during, and after the games, for a change to an NFL-style of salary cap.....and ANY news announcer (most frequently ESP-N's slugs), who refers to the Twins as the "Twinks" or Twinkies".

BASKETBALL - Bill Walton.....look up the definition for phony or pretentious in the dictionary, and I bet his mug's right there. I can't stand watching OR listening to that prick.

HOCKEY - Um....nevermind...LOL

OVERALL - Jim Rome, for leeching his "fame" from his own stupidity in an interview with Jim Everett (before which, Rome was mostly unheard of), and getting his butt kicked as a result. More often than not, he can't come up with an original take of his own without eating up about 10 - 15 minutes of airtime trying to get it "just right".....the best takes are from the clones. And all that dead air!!! Isn't that like a cardinal sin in radio?

===============================================

TALK RADIO:

Laura Schlesinger - I stopped listening altogether, because I got tired of becoming hoarse from "disagreeing" with her ultra-conservative nonsense.
    Close runner up is Rush Limbaugh (sorry to all you "dittoheads" out there). "Talent on loan from God"? Gimme a break...LOL

And no, I'm not liberal OR a Democrat...although I have been called a jackass at times...LOL

===============================================

TV MEDIA:

All of 'em.....too busy pushing their own agendas and playing party politics to bother with reporting real and unbiased news.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Michael Irvin
    Joe Buck
    Skip Bayless
    Trev Alberts
    Chris Berman
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    Does Michael Moore count as a media figure? If so, he's at the top of my list!
    YES!!!!

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I really really hate the guy on the right don't know his name, only know if i ever see him in real life it is a piledriver, followed by a teabagging.
    Is that Steven A. Smith the NBA analyst?
    why yes, yes it is.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"duffVIkEs" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

I really really hate the guy on the right don't know his name, only know if i ever see him in real life it is a piledriver, followed by a teabagging.
    Is that Steven A. Smith the NBA analyst?
    why yes, yes it is.
    Yeah, he's a turd!

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    OVERALL - Jim Rome, for leeching his "fame" from his own stupidity in an interview with Jim Everett (before which, Rome was mostly unheard of), and getting his butt kicked as a result. More often than not, he can't come up with an original take of his own without eating up about 10 - 15 minutes of airtime trying to get it "just right".....the best takes are from the clones. And all that dead air!!! Isn't that like a cardinal sin in radio?

Ahh yes....AGREE WHOLE HEARTEDLY.....F*** Jim Rome in his salty anus with a splintered piece of wood!!!! That guy is a prick by any and every definition of the word....and he critisizes everyone like he's a perfect human being! I bet the dudes a drunk womanizer drugee like everyone in TV!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

"renovikesfan" wrote:

TALK RADIO:

Laura Schlesinger - I stopped listening altogether, because I got tired of becoming hoarse from "disagreeing" with her ultra-conservative nonsense.
    Close runner up is Rush Limbaugh (sorry to all you "dittoheads" out there). "Talent on loan from God"? Gimme a break...LOL

And no, I'm not liberal OR a Democrat...although I have been called a j~~~~~~s at times...LOL
    I'm a Republican (and a conservative), and I don't like Rush Limbaugh a whole lot. I'm not a huge Schlesinger fan either. But, I like some of the stuff Hannity has to say, although I don't agree with everything he says.

I also despise anything on Air America. I don't like their views, and I think alot of their stuff is crap. Especially that skit where they "joked" about shooting President Bush. That's despicable. Luckily, Air America has been a miserable failure so far.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

I'm not a Bush fan.....however I'm not a Republican hater....I thought we shoulda got the best man for the job, who I thought was not either of the candidates in the last election. I believe the perfect president would be a little bit of both parties....sort of like a more Liberal Republican, or a more Conservative Democrat....but Bush and Kerry were both idiots....still are.

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Joe Buck
    Steven A. Smith
    Darrell Waltrip
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12