Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

World of Warcraft movie

Warcraft Movie Announced
    Game getting its due on the silver screen.
    by IGN FilmForce

May 8, 2006 - Warcraft on the big screen? It could happen... and soon. IGN FilmForce has learned that Legendary Pictures, the production company behind Superman Returns and Batman Begins, may turn the wildly successful series of games from Blizzard Entertainment into a feature film. "The official announcement could come as early as Tuesday -- timed to take advantage of E3 buzz. (See below for an update!)

Other flicks on Legendary's slate are Where the Wild Things Are, Paradise Lost, 10,000 B.C., M. Night's Lady in the Water and the next films in the rejuvenated Superman and Batman franchises.

The World of Warcraft movie would likely be distributed by Warner Bros. under their multi-year distribution deal with the production company.

UPDATE: Industry mag The Hollywood Reporter is now reporting that Legendary has indeed acquired the movie rights to the Warcraft series. The movie will not follow any of the games but will be set in the same fantasy universe."

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/705/705796p1.html

Wasnt Warcraft pretty much based off of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the rings?

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: World of Warcraft movie

I love WoW and play daily ... A Movie though, naaaa ... I will pass.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

My little brother plays warcraft and he is obsessed with it. I am trying to get him to do other things but he usually doesnt want to. His life revolves around the game which I think is stupid. Hopefully he will outgrow it, but there are many people who play that game like crazy into their 20's so I don't know. Its pretty annoying. haha

Yeah, warcraft definitely wouldn't be what it is, if anything, without Lord of the Rings coming first.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

is all about the Halo movie

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

"MightyVikes12391" wrote:
    is all about the Halo movie
    ~ Yeah & Peter Jackson is producing Halo. Should be better than any Uwe Bolle (sp?) flick

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

That game is taking over the world :twisted:

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Wow. Great. That's just what we need. Another movie based on a video game. I mean, when Tomb Raider came out, I was thinking "OMG IT'S THE PEAK OF MODERN FILMMAKING LOL!!!!!!one!!!11!!" Boy, was I wrong! After I heard that this can't-miss gem is in the works, I jumped for joy and peed myself! "Hooray!" I thought. "Combined with the upcoming Peter-Jackson-directed Halo movie*, this is the greatest day of my life!" Boy, the movie execs never seem to run out of ideas! Keep 'em comin', boys! Make way for the New Golden Age of, um......excuse me for a moment........

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!
    (BBQ jams his fingernails in his eye sockets and scrapes turd-shaped photons from his retina, which have accumulated just by the thought of watching a movie based on these games)

Thank you. What I meant to say was, "Jesus Christ, that's the worst idea for a movie I've ever heard!" I can't even imagine the sheer and utter suckitude of such a project. I mean, we're talking about an apocalyptic shitstorm of biblical proportions. Isn't that in Revelations somewhere?

"And lo, I saw a seventeen-toed ocelot carrying a round, leaden box. Upon its lid was written: PROPERTY OF BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT. And the ocelot did stand and proclaim: HARK! A TERRIBLE PLAGUE OF ILL-WROUGHT DIALOGUE DOTH REAR ITS EVIL VISAGE! Then the small woolen creature cursed the offering, smashing it into three parts. The first piece transformed into a reel of celluloid, reaching into the heavens. Wheresoever it touched the sky, there formed a deep brown cloud. From this cloud poured manure most vile, from a giant creature, whom the angels call EXECUTIVE GREED, whose filthiness is beyond description. And this manure did stink a stench most intolerable. Twelve thousand men did perish from its odor, and the angels did turn their heads and vomit. From the second piece grew an old glutton. The man hung from a vulgar gallows, built in haste. Upon his bosom was nailed a stone engraving, which read: I CAN'T TAKE THIS CRAP ANYMORE. I'M ENDING MY LIFE NOW BEFORE IT GETS EVEN WORSE. TELL MY WIFE I ALWAYS SECRETLY DESPISED HER. WITH LOVE, ROGER EBERT. Among all the apparitions, the third piece shattered into thousands of pieces. Then, hark! From the depths of hell came a murderous voice, screaming blood, which said: WEEP NOT FOR ME, and the dust of the third piece was transmuted into gold pieces of a great number, a number that all the taxmen in Rome could not number in twenty years, exceeding at least one hundred thousand thousand. A host of wealthy, well-dressed demons did appear, devouring the feast of unholy wealth."

* No, seriously. As much as I wish that I were joking, they are actually making a movie based on Halo. And Peter Jackson's directing it.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

Only halo movies I wanna see is Red vs Blue.

Its just gonna be another doom movie.

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

tHIS MOVIE WILL DO ABOUT AS WELL AS doom DID, HORRIBLY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast