Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2006

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

Re: World Cup 2006

With Holland back from a 2002 world cup hyatus (i personally thought they skipped it on purpose) the world will once again be blessed with football excellence. Brazil and Holland (sometimes argentina) show the world how real football is played.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"petrodemos" wrote:
    With Holland back from a 2002 world cup hyatus (i personally thought they skipped it on purpose) the world will once again be blessed with football excellence. Brazil and Holland (sometimes argentina) show the world how real football is played.
    I could not agree more. Holland and Protugal really need to figure out how to play for a result. They more often than not play well yet miss out.
    The Dutch have their signature character issues and suffer from an abundance of talented players who dont get along ( I hope things work out this year). They got a very talented crop of players. My only problem with them is how saavy Van Basten is. Some of his picks just make me wonder. But again thats why he is coach and I am an internet user. I hope he gets it right though! I like the Dutch

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

"mblack76" wrote:
    "petrodemos" wrote:
    I could not agree more. Holland and Protugal really need to figure out how to play for a result. They more often than not play well yet miss out.
    The Dutch have their signature character issues and suffer from an abundance of talented players who dont get along ( I hope things work out this year). They got a very talented crop of players. My only problem with them is how saavy Van Basten is. Some of his picks just make me wonder. But again thats why he is coach and I am an internet user. I hope he gets it right though! I like the Dutch
    Van basten really cracked down on the personality differences, and wants the team to play like a team, iv been impressed with his coaching abilities so far, and was able to pull players that were very popular , they went undefeated in group play and tied only 2 games, and they beat the czech's twice.

vikingTurf Guest

"mblack76" wrote:
    "vikingTurf" wrote:
    Argentina all the way
    They better. They to me seem the best to win the trophy. Thats if they can make it out of their group. They usually start slow and gather momentum. If they can find their game early and sort out the line up problems they usually exibit in the WC stage they could just go all the way.
    Argentina has never been the same since Maradona left the game, but they always get new talents to compete at the highest level. I personally like their chances this year, in the sense that they are not the tournament favorites like they were in 2002. This time around a lot of ppl are going for Brazil and England(up until Rooney went down) and Holland. As you mentioned, If they can make it out of the first round, they can do deep in the tournament. I know that Holland vs Argentina game is going to be crucial, can't wait for that. I think Argentina's defense is not the greatest and on offense they can attack continuously but not produce goals at times, I have seen that happen many times before. Hopefully they will fare better this time around and hopefully Messi will bounce back in time from the injury and display some scoring skills. Who do you think the highest goal scorer will be, I am thinking of Adriano from Brazil.

vikingTurf Guest

"Prophet" wrote:
    I wish the world cup had more hype in the States. By the time the current 7 yr olds are in their 20's the USA will be catching up with the rest of the world in the hype over the World Cup.
    I doubt it will ever happen, football will never reach the popularity that NBA, NFL and baseball has. Am i wrong in thinking most people in US perceive soccer as a women's sport?

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Yep, Van Basten maybe had good results, but don't play nice football.
    Our team is verry young with guys that havn't prven themselfs yet.
    and that's why i think we might not even make it threw the first round.

the Usa is now 5th on the FIFA rankings list, verry verry nice, Damarcus Beasly plays in my fav team Psv Eindhoven

I hope that Brazil won't make it, i think it's gonne be Italy or Argentinia.
    We'll see what happends.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Go Black Stars!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Prophet Guest

"vikingTurf" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I wish the world cup had more hype in the States. By the time the current 7 yr olds are in their 20's the USA will be catching up with the rest of the world in the hype over the World Cup.
    I doubt it will ever happen, football will never reach the popularity that NBA, NFL and baseball has. Am i wrong in thinking most people in US perceive soccer as a women's sport?
    It will happen.

When I was growing up nobody played soccer. Now almost every kid plays soccer. If you grow up playing the sport then you end up following it after your playing days are over. There is no doubt in my mind that soccer will be big in the USA, once there is a demand ESPN and the other sports outlets will give it more coverage.

mblack76 is offline Pro-Bowler

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Go Black Stars!
    You are asking too much from the Ghanaians. LOL
    They cant find a decent striker and I wonder how they will do it. Essien and Appiah can only do/ score so much. Solid Midfield, below par defense (not tested during the qualifiers and it showed it was not good enough during the nations cup) and inexistence attack.
    I dont expect much from them and I dont expect them to do very poorly either

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

United States, the last I saw they were ranked #5 in the world!

Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast