Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    For those that are looking at the draws then the US has a good chance to make it to the knockout stages. Don't forget the top two from each group go forward and the US is ranked - I think - in the top 10 of the world rankings. There a few US players in european leagues so their experience will stand them in good stead. Here's to a good tournament for all !
    The U.S. is currently ranked 8th.

    They do have a shot but it's going to be tough.

  2. #22
    so-cal vike's Avatar
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,261

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "so-cal vike" wrote:
    Whoever wins the group doesn't play Brazil.

    It is possible, unlikely but possible.
    Who ever comes in 2nd in this group ... will probably play Brasil as they will win their grouping more than likely ....
    All the more reason for the U.S. to win it.

  3. #23
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    "DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    Sorry if anybody likes soccer in here, but IMO. Soccer is a primitive sport and is a waste of space. And don't give me the argument that its the most popular sport in the world, because most of the world is primitive.

    Expand your horizons and try something new in your life. If it's not soccer, try something new .... a closed mind is a wasted one.

    Soccer came first, then Rugby developed from soccer .... NFL football came from Rugby .... So, learn the heritage of a sport and enjoy it. You don't need to love soccer, but acknowledge it's importance in the history of the NFL and American football ... the sport you claim to enjoy.

  4. #24
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    Sorry if anybody likes soccer in here, but IMO. Soccer is a primitive sport and is a waste of space. And don't give me the argument that its the most popular sport in the world, because most of the world is primitive.

    Expand your horizons and try something new in your life. If it's not soccer, try something new .... a closed mind is a wasted one.

    Soccer came first, then Rugby developed from soccer .... NFL football came from Rugby .... So, learn the heritage of a sport and enjoy it. You don't need to love soccer, but acknowledge it's importance in the history of the NFL and American football ... the sport you claim to enjoy.
    I am not an avid Soccer fan, and I use to have the anti soccer attitude, until I watched the Premier League. Good soccer is exciting! Shortly after my first taste of English soccer, came the 1998 world cup, also was very exciting. France kinda came out of nowhere and beat Brazil to win it all, very exciting.

    If the only soccer you have witnessed is pee-wee, high school, college and MLS(talent diluted teams), you have no basis for how exciting soccer can be.

  5. #25
    vikingTurf Guest

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    Sorry if anybody likes soccer in here, but IMO. Soccer is a primitive sport and is a waste of space. And don't give me the argument that its the most popular sport in the world, because most of the world is primitive.

    Expand your horizons and try something new in your life. If it's not soccer, try something new .... a closed mind is a wasted one.

    Soccer came first, then Rugby developed from soccer .... NFL football came from Rugby .... So, learn the heritage of a sport and enjoy it. You don't need to love soccer, but acknowledge it's importance in the history of the NFL and American football ... the sport you claim to enjoy.
    Well said! First sport i ever liked was soccer, i never thought i would like cricket but i did, when i was back in my country we used to get superbowl coverage and watching clips of that i thought i would never like a sport like that, guess what things change and now i like NFL as much as any other sport, for each sport i had like an idle figure that pulled me towards that sport
    Soccer: Maradona
    Cricket: tendulkar
    Basketball: Jordan
    NFL: Randy Moss
    but oh well, not to deviate from the thread, US is ranked 8th, that's good, hopefully someone else besdies brazil wins the thing

  6. #26
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    "vikingTurf" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    Sorry if anybody likes soccer in here, but IMO. Soccer is a primitive sport and is a waste of space. And don't give me the argument that its the most popular sport in the world, because most of the world is primitive.

    Expand your horizons and try something new in your life. If it's not soccer, try something new .... a closed mind is a wasted one.

    Soccer came first, then Rugby developed from soccer .... NFL football came from Rugby .... So, learn the heritage of a sport and enjoy it. You don't need to love soccer, but acknowledge it's importance in the history of the NFL and American football ... the sport you claim to enjoy.
    Well said! First sport i ever liked was soccer, i never thought i would like cricket but i did, when i was back in my country we used to get superbowl coverage and watching clips of that i thought i would never like a sport like that, guess what things change and now i like NFL as much as any other sport, for each sport i had like an idle figure that pulled me towards that sport
    Soccer: Maradona
    Cricket: tendulkar
    Basketball: Jordan
    NFL: Randy Moss
    but oh well, not to deviate from the thread, US is ranked 8th, that's good, hopefully someone else besdies brazil wins the thing

    Maradona was a God .... I have seen like "Beyond the Glory" or something like that on him. He was not only a stellar athlete, but just such an interesting figure after he left the sport also.

  7. #27
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    I love soccer and have really gotten into it over the last ten years or so. IT blows my mind that 350 million people watch this draw, that is like five times the Super Bowl!! I am not a huge fan of the MLS or European leagues, but I do love watching international matches when the best of each country are going at it. I am really looking forward to the World Cup, even though it seems the US got a tough draw.

  8. #28
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    Since Canada officially blows in male soccer, I'll be cheering for Italy. Down with the US!


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  9. #29
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    I couldn't be more angry with the world cup draw. Its just unfair that the teams I root for always get group of death draws, I'm cheering for Ghana first and US second. Ghana is in their first world cup finals ever and was poised to make a run until they got such an awful draw. Don't underestimate them, I'll tell all you US backers that right now.

    As far as the Us goes, it seems pretty bleak for them too. They have to come out firing on all cylinders vs, Italy, because if they don't win that game they won't do anything in 2006.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #30
    vikingTurf Guest

    Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

    Maradona proclaims Messi as his successor ..

    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=359786&cc=5901

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The eight wonder of the world is...
    By Vikeman in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
  2. World of World of Warcraft video game
    By ItalianStallion in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 05:27 PM
  3. Drawings
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 03:48 PM
  4. End of the world
    By cc21 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 04:55 PM
  5. How in the world?
    By treshenpesh in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 05:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •