Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikingTurf Guest

Re: World Cup '06 Drawings

At first when I saw the CNN report that US had a tough group, but I didn;t know Checs are ranked 2 in the world, but I still think US has a chance to become second and advance to second round. This time I think brazil is the clear favorite and that's a good thing coz favorites before the cup rarely end up actually winning the thing. that's what happened to Argentina last world cup, man that was so hard to digest. Talentwise no can beat Brazil and Argentina, England is pretty strong too but I don't like the way the score one goal and go on all defensive, they play some boring soccer around.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I don't claim to know much about national teams compared to leagues in europe but isn't Italy very highly regarded going into the cup?

[color=red]

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Italy is currently ranked at 12th.

They are well respected because of their history and will still be a great upset when the U.S. beats them.

jordy is offline Rookie

HOLLAND ALL THE WAY :lol: :grin: :lol:

Prophet Guest

I was rooting for Tonga. Have to find a new team now.

vikingTurf Guest

"MensaTice" wrote:
    I don't claim to know much about national teams compared to leagues in europe but isn't Italy very highly regarded going into the cup?
    Italy is a good team with good defense and all, but they are not as good as say mid 90s and such, i also really dunno much about soccer these days, but honestly i wouldnt be surprised if US gives Italy a run for their money and I hope they do!

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

Sorry if anybody likes soccer in here, but IMO. Soccer is a primitive sport and is a waste of space. And don't give me the argument that its the most popular sport in the world, because most of the world is primitive.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    Sorry if anybody likes soccer in here, but IMO. Soccer is a primitive sport and is a waste of space. And don't give me the argument that its the most popular sport in the world, because most of the world is primitive.
    what was that popping sound ? oh yes someone extracting their head from a very low and dark place. Nice to see education isn't wasted on some people and lets them get a perspective on the world outside the square yard of space that they inhabit.

For those that are looking at the draws then the US has a good chance to make it to the knockout stages. Don't forget the top two from each group go forward and the US is ranked - I think - in the top 10 of the world rankings. There a few US players in european leagues so their experience will stand them in good stead. Here's to a good tournament for all !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    I don't believe that anybody asked, but thanks for your input anyways. :roll: You can go and start an "I hate soccer" thread if you like, just let those of us who do like the sport continue to discuss it.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    Whoever wins the group doesn't play Brazil.

It is possible, unlikely but possible.
    Who ever comes in 2nd in this group ... will probably play Brasil as they will win their grouping more than likely ....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast