Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Woman Seeking License Sends Car Into Canal

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    [size=18px]She was trying to find Pottstown, PA!![/size]

Gator Lunges at Man Delivering Newspapers

POTTSTOWN, Pa. - A man delivering newspapers at 5 a.m. Monday heard an unusual sound as he got out of his truck to retrieve a misthrown newspaper. He walked between two parked cars and saw a 4-foot alligator.

"He kind of lunged at me and hissed," said Bobby Kish, 46. "His mouth was open; I was about five feet away. It was enough to get my attention."

Kish jumped back in his car, drove to the Pottstown Borough police station and told the dispatcher, who sent officers to the scene.

Cpl. Jamie O'Neill grabbed the alligator from behind and secured its jaws with duct tape. The animal was taken in a patrol wagon to the county prison, where it was logged in as "Al E. Gator."

Capt. Allan Ewing was awakened by officers and asked how to deal with the reptile. He said the borough's animal handler arranged for it to go to a private animal facility near Wilkes-Barre.
    One of my friends used to raise alligators and that's about the size that they used to kill them at...smaller than that and they are scared of you, that size or bigger then they get brave so you gotta take 'em out. That and the fact that they eat dry dog food up until then...but once they are big enough, they want real meat so you gotta take 'em out before they start costing too much.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:

POTTSTOWN, Pa. - A man delivering newspapers at 5 a.m. Monday heard an unusual sound as he got out of his truck to retrieve a misthrown newspaper. He walked between two parked cars and saw a 4-foot alligator.

"He kind of lunged at me and hissed," said Bobby Kish, 46. "His mouth was open; I was about five feet away. It was enough to get my attention."

Kish jumped back in his car, drove to the Pottstown Borough police station and told the dispatcher, who sent officers to the scene.

Cpl. Jamie O'Neill grabbed the alligator from behind and secured its jaws with duct tape. The animal was taken in a patrol wagon to the county prison, where it was logged in as "Al E. Gator."

Capt. Allan Ewing was awakened by officers and asked how to deal with the reptile. He said the borough's animal handler arranged for it to go to a private animal facility near Wilkes-Barre.
    One of my friends used to raise alligators and that's about the size that they used to kill them at...smaller than that and they are scared of you, that size or bigger then they get brave so you gotta take 'em out. That and the fact that they eat dry dog food up until then...but once they are big enough, they want real meat so you gotta take 'em out before they start costing too much.
    But Caj, Pottstown is nowhere near water! It had to have been a pet, or maybe hitched a ride on someone's car or truck. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:

But Caj, Pottstown is nowhere near water! It had to have been a pet, or maybe hitched a ride on someone's car or truck. :lol:
    Or it was living in the sewer...that happens alot in NYC.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:

Or it was living in the sewer...that happens alot in NYC.
    Pottstown is VERY rural! Septic tanks.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12