sirweeze is offline Starter

Wolves' Garnett wins NBA service award

Wolves' Garnett wins NBA service award
    Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS - Kevin Garnett can add another line to his resume.

The nine-time All-Star forward was named the winner of the NBA's J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award on Thursday, an honor given annually to a player or coach for outstanding community service. It's named for a former commissioner of the league and presented by the Professional Basketball Writers Association.

"I am happy that I can help make a difference in the communities, and blessed to be in the position where I am able to lend support. Hopefully, this will encourage others to do the same," Garnett said in a prepared statement released by the NBA.

Garnett donated $1.2 million toward Hurricane Katrina relief efforts last fall and participated in other projects related to the storm.

He has a local foundation, called 4XL, that has helped open computer labs in two Minneapolis high schools and strives to make technology available to all students.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/14443323.htm

This might be a mistake... are they sure he's not getting this award for putting up with such a crappy team the past two years?

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Wolves' Garnett wins NBA service award

It's probably a recognition of both, sirweeze!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Exactly what I was thinkin' Benet.. lol.

Either way, congrat's to 'Da Kid'!

Now, if only Kevin McHale would just freakin' do something SMART instead of bone-headed.. =/
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Congrats to KG, its always nice to see something like this. Now lets just hope the Wolves will improve for next season!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"Formo" wrote:
    Exactly what I was thinkin' Benet.. lol.

Either way, congrat's to 'Da Kid'!

Now, if only Kevin McHale would just freakin' do something SMART instead of bone-headed.. =/
    "Warp" wrote:
    Congrats to KG, its always nice to see something like this. Now lets just hope the Wolves will improve for next season!
    To be honest, and to answer both of your points at once, I think the only thing that will improve the Wolves significantly in the short-and-long term is to fire McHale.

Sam Cassell AND A FIRST ROUND PICK FOR MARKO JARIC?! ARE YOU F!*%ING S#@££ING ME!?

Sorry.. but the only thing that man got half-right was the the trades for Cassell and Sprewell, and even then that was an experiement that blew up in his (and the franchise's) face after 2 years.

Fire him and get someone decent in the draft with the lottery pick, and hopefully we can see a 42-win team again. That's all it takes to get to the playoffs, and that's all we want.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Good for him! He's by far the greatest T-wolve of all time (even though it's a short history) and the day he retires from the NBA is the day the wolves BETTER retire his jersey!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!