Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Wireless Electricity Is Here (Seriously)

http://tech.msn.com/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=17337626

[size=13pt]Wireless Electricity Is Here (Seriously)[/size]
    By Paul Hochman, Fast Company

I'm standing next to a Croatian-born American genius in a half-empty office in Watertown, Mass., and I'm about to be fried to a crisp. Or I'm about to witness the greatest advance in electrical science in a hundred years. Maybe both.

Either way, all I can think of is my electrician, Billy Sullivan. Sullivan has 11 tattoos and a voice marinated in Jack Daniels. During my recent home renovation, he roared at me when I got too close to his open electrical panel: "I'm the Juice Man!" he shouted. "Stay the hell away from my juice!"

He was right. Only gods mess with electrons. Only a fool would shoot them into the air. And yet, I'm in a conference room with a scientist who is going to let 120 volts fly out of the wall, on purpose.
    Technology just keeps getting more and more interesting....

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Wireless Electricity Is Here (Seriously)

"josdin00" wrote:

I'm standing next to a Croatian-born American genius in a half-empty office in Watertown, Mass., and I'm about to be fried to a crisp. Or I'm about to witness the greatest advance in electrical science in a hundred years. Maybe both.

Either way, all I can think of is my electrician, Billy Sullivan. Sullivan has 11 tattoos and a voice marinated in Jack Daniels. During my recent home renovation, he roared at me when I got too close to his open electrical panel: "I'm the Juice Man!" he shouted. "Stay the hell away from my juice!"

He was right. Only gods mess with electrons. Only a fool would shoot them into the air. And yet, I'm in a conference room with a scientist who is going to let 120 volts fly out of the wall, on purpose.
    Wireless electricity was "here" over 100 years ago when Nikola Tesla discovered wireless energy transfer. There was even an effort to power cities with it, but it proved too expensive and risky.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

Wireless electricity was "here" almost 100 years ago when Nikola Tesla discovered wireless energy transfer. There was even an effort to power cities with it, but it proved too expensive and risky.
    I almost expected your response to question if he was consindered a genius or not

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Garland" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

Wireless electricity was "here" almost 100 years ago when Nikola Tesla discovered wireless energy transfer. There was even an effort to power cities with it, but it proved too expensive and risky.
    I almost expected your response to question if he was consindered a genius or not
    I don't own any of his rap albums so probably not.
    ;D

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"C" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

Wireless electricity was "here" over 100 years ago when Nikola Tesla discovered wireless energy transfer. There was even an effort to power cities with it, but it proved too expensive and risky.
    ..and that was mentioned in the article.

This guy's invention sounds a lot safer.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

I don't own any of his rap albums so probably not.
    ;D
    This I think is one of the songs
    ;D
    [youtube=425,350]K_REWBqFJvI&feature=related[/youtube]

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Wireless electricity has been around since the Edison days.
    This is a good topic for cmacd to look into, a conspiracy theory.
    It has been demonstrated in science museums for decades.
    I just saw it a month or two ago at the McWane Science Museum in Birmingham, AL.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I read the thread title and thought "finally, someone invented the battery."

Actually very interesting though, beats thinking about wtf we are doing during FA.

Edit:

I don't like the idea of [s]electrical 'beams'[/s] magnetic fields flying around/through me. That shit's gotta be unhealthy.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:

lol, I commented that this is perfect conspiracy information for you before i read the other responses.
    You are already on it.
    Good work.
    I've been reading about Tesla as of late...a wise man that was snuffed by the establishment.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Wireless electricity has been around since the Edison days.
    This is a good topic for cmacd to look into, a conspiracy theory.
    It has been demonstrated in science museums for decades.
    I just saw it a month or two ago at the McWane Science Museum in Birmingham, AL.
    I didn't know they would allow you in a museum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast