COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Winfield loses 1.3 million to crooked Investment Man

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2007/08/29/dunyasha.ART_ART_08-29-07_B4_AU7OC21.html?sid=101

A former sports agent and OSU wrestling champion admitted yesterday to a scheme that bilked investors out of $1.8 million.

Dunyasha M. Yetts appeared before federal Judge John D. Holschuh and pleaded guilty to two counts of mail fraud and one count of conspiracy to possess marijuana.

Yetts promised to invest money for investors, but instead spent it on himself or paid off investors from previous deals, Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Kelley said.

Former OSU football player Antoine Winfield was among the victims. Winfield, who now plays for the Minnesota Vikings, lost most of the $1.3 million he invested in dealings with Yetts, Kelley said.
    "Scout" says:
    This incident could explain some of the off-field issues Winfield was dealing with during this past off-season when he chose not to participate in voluntary OTAs with the team.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Winfield loses 1.3 million to crooked Investment Man

ouch !!!
    think if I had 1.3m spare then I wouldn't need to invest - that would cover trips to the TC for regular season games and beer money for said games
    ;D
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

On the bright side, maybe Winfield will be playing angry this year because of it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    On the bright side, maybe Winfield will be playing angry this year because of it.
    puts a lot of light on some of AW's summer actions.

good thing he makes enouf he won't really be hurt by it, though i also hope he puts the guys face on every RB/TE/WR/QB he hits!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I think this is a result of playing off of the man by way too much.

If he were playing bump and run like he should be doing this would never happen.

ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

"Scout" says: "This incident could explain some of the off-field issues Winfield was dealing with during this past off-season when he chose not to participate in voluntary OTAs with the team."
    This statement smacks of wild speculation. Once again, I'm amazed by the thin content that passes for news these days. If my job doesn't work out, I am encouraged by the fact that I can have a future in online reporting.