Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117
  1. #1
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Will we all die in 2012?

    The Mayan Calendar ends on Dec 21 2012- and the Mayan calendar is more accurate in predicting celestial happenings than even some of our scientists.

    NASA has confirmed that on that precise date the center of our Universe will be perfectly in line with a huge black hole.

    The fear is that this could cause a magnetic swith in polarity; possibly causing earthquakes, plate shifts, volcanos, tsunamis and the like.

    There may be some evidence that this has happened before. If you dig deep enough in some of the most northern climates, you can find fossils and evidence of tropical animals and plant life.

    If this does happen it would be devestating, but there is the chance that many would still survive, though things would change quite a bit obviously.

    Of course now taht this is getting more poular there are people interpreting the iChing and Nostradamus writings to refelct the same theory, but the same people always do that.

  2. #2
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,533

    Re: Will we all die in 2012?

    Edgar Cayce also discussed this a lot, but his visions/dreams were more about the Earth's poles shifting and creating a change in global climate, bringing on the end of life as we know it now.

    But there are countless publications/theories about Dec. 21, 2012.

    It's cool stuff to read about, but I don't really think you can live your life thinking everything is going to end on Dec. 21, 2012... it's just not healthy.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #3
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: Will we all die in 2012?

    "C" wrote:
    Edgar Cayce also discussed this a lot, but his visions/dreams were more about the Earth's poles shifting and creating a change in global climate, bringing on the end of life as we know it now.

    But there are countless publications/theories about Dec. 21, 2012.

    It's cool stuff to read about, but I don't really think you can live your life thinking everything is going to end on Dec. 21, 2012... it's just not healthy.
    O im not but in 2012 the world is going to go crazy just like in 1999...lol whene every1 thought all computers and other stufff would be destroyed

  4. #4
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: Will we all die in 2012?

    Maybe the Ol' Mighty US can beat the universe in battle!!! or japan... GO US for the win save our butts.
    Move us to mars or atleast earth number 2....the said thing is only the rich will survive if all this does happen.

  5. #5
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Will we all die in 2012?

    I'll bet you $50,000 that we don't all die in 2012
    ;D


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  6. #6
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Will we all die in 2012?

    The Armageddon will take place here,yep
    when we lose two strke games next season
    El underdog.

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Will we all die in 2012?

    LMAO.
    You actually made the thread.

    OK, first, let's look at the date.
    The end of the Mayan Long Count is not January 1st, 2012.
    It is December 21, 2012.
    The long count resets every 5000 years, while the other two calanders (The Haab and the Tzolkin) align every 52 years.
    The end of each long count is thought to be the end of a World Age.

    Second, NASA has confirmed nothing of the sort - nor could they.
    The center of the universe is a hypothetical location.
    We have no idea exactly where it is outside of mathematical theory.
    And there are a lot of huge black holes throughout our Universe.
    In fact, there is a massive black hole at the center of our galaxy.
    We are constantly under its effects.
    So any alignment, real or fictitious, of any black holes will not have any effect on our poles.

    Third, the polarity of the earth have flipped several times.
    The last one was about 780,000 years ago.
    The flip is caused by a change in the geodymno forces in the Earth's liquid core, not by any external force.
    And the flip is not instant.
    It happens over several hundred years.
    There are some scientists who believe that we are in the midst of a flip right now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Will we all die in 2012?

    This video is hilarious

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11iCmzGnOI8

    Yes ... we are all going to die on that day or before. But I will have celebrated three-straight Super Bowls so all is good.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Will we all die in 2012?

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    Maybe the Ol' Mighty US can beat the universe in battle!!! or japan... GO US for the win save our butts.
    Move us to mars or atleast earth number 2....the said thing is only the rich will survive if all this does happen.
    Nah, Clive Cussler has already used this in two of his books:

    "Polar Shift"
    "Atlantis Rising"

    Dirk Pitt and NUMA will save us all. ;D

  10. #10
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    Re: Will we all die in 2012?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    LMAO.
    You actually made the thread.

    OK, first, let's look at the date.
    The end of the Mayan Long Count is not January 1st, 2012.
    It is December 21, 2012.
    The long count resets every 5000 years, while the other two calanders (The Haab and the Tzolkin) align every 52 years.
    The end of each long count is thought to be the end of a World Age.

    Second, NASA has confirmed nothing of the sort - nor could they.
    The center of the universe is a hypothetical location.
    We have no idea exactly where it is outside of mathematical theory.
    And there are a lot of huge black holes throughout our Universe.
    In fact, there is a massive black hole at the center of our galaxy.
    We are constantly under its effects.
    So any alignment, real or fictitious, of any black holes will not have any effect on our poles.

    Third, the polarity of the earth have flipped several times.
    The last one was about 780,000 years ago.
    The flip is caused by a change in the geodymno forces in the Earth's liquid core, not by any external force.
    And the flip is not instant.
    It happens over several hundred years.
    There are some scientists who believe that we are in the midst of a flip right now.
    lol i hope this stuff is wrong i really dont wanna die lol...

Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 what if....
    By b_sandhar_29 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 01:55 PM
  2. 2012 NFL Mock Draft
    By gamecocksbaseball31 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 11:09 PM
  3. (MERGED) 2012
    By ultravikingfan in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 12:20 PM
  4. World WILL NOT end in 2012!
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 10:47 AM
  5. London 2012
    By AngloVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 03:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •