Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    zimtwister is offline Coach

Re: will our kids be better off than we are?

wow, i do not know where to start. yes, real estate and finance advisors are good now, but what happens when nobody has money to use them? i think we used up our resources to quikly and now we are stuck. i am a school custodian so i have some security-kids always will puke! i think i'm going to start canning and i have my chickens for eggs and bury my money in the backyard and buy more shotgun shells...........
    "you dream of beating me, its time you wake up and apologize."

6-KINGS Guest

"zimtwister" wrote:
    wow, i do not know where to start. yes, real estate and finance advisors are good now, but what happens when nobody has money to use them? i think we used up our resources to quikly and now we are stuck. i am a school custodian so i have some security-kids always will puke! i think i'm going to start canning and i have my chickens for eggs and bury my money in the backyard and buy more shotgun shells...........
    "DRINK THE KOOL-AID CHILDREN"
    "THEY ARE COMING FOR US"
    "DRINK THE KOOL-AID CHILDREN"
    "SOON THE PAIN WILL SUBSIDE"

Jim Jones

Del Rio Guest

Just invest in some re-loading equipment, it will pay off in the long road. No need to buy the new shells. You will need a lot of them to keep the starving people away from your chickens.....or there may always be a zombie invasion :grin: Re-loading the gift that keeps on giving.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Well I know one thing is for sure, I look at jobs on the government sight everyday.....a few years ago all they wanted was a bachelors degree now they want a masters at least. When my dad was hired on here all you needed was a diploma or GED.

I think with competition and other factors like out sourcing it will be gol 'darnit hard to make a good living. They will have to marry a hard working spouse because you need two incomes to get by. My wife doesn't work, but we live a modest life if she wanted nice things like food and electricity she would have to work.
    Dang, you have a really demanding wife...heck, mine subsists just fine on bread and water! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

6-KINGS Guest

I know how to make land mines out of old toilet seats!
    Together, we can beat the zombies and the starving masses.
    That and some Holy Water too!

6-KINGS

i guess i could just "charge" everything and then file bankruptsy

6-KINGS Guest

Then wait in line to get your microchip implanted.

By the way i just figured out that Jim Jones is still alive.
    See the proof!!!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Most of the problems of employment today come from the large corporations. Small businesses used to keep this country going, but now most of the industry is taken over by huge corporations that sell EVERYTHING (AKA Sam's Club, Wal Mart, K-Mart) When you cut down the market to one store for everything you need, employment is scarce.

I'm just thinking about my hometown, (about 15,000 people) and we have 2 pharmacies, 3 grocery stores (1 privately owned), a photography studio, 2 computer stores, a few automotive places, and a 2 small sporting goods stores. All of those things-drugs, groveries, cameras, computer accessories, sporting goods- can all be found at a Wal Mart. The big corporations are putting the small businesses out of business.

Then the corporations are only worried about one thing: making profit, so they move their processing and manufacturing overseas to make more $ because they can hire cheaper work. When they move overseas, boom! less jobs over here. It's a very vicious cycle. Moral of the story: Support small business!

Del Rio Guest

Not that I support Wal-Mart, but they employ the second largest group of people in America, second only to the Federal Government. I do agree they are hurting small buisiness. But you cannot force people to pay more for a product then what is being offered somewhere else so I guess there is no solution.

I only know about Wal-mart because I worked there for 3 1/2 years. I know how much they bring in a day, and about their policies. They can offer such cheap prices because they produce a large ammount of their own products. A lot of which are produced in the states. The big thing is they have their own distribution centers and that in itself is a money saver.

I don't care for Wal-mart myself. But I have to ask one thing. What are you saying? I mean Wal-mart started out as one store. Sam Walton decided to offer a range of items instead of one type of item. And it took off. It is huge now obviously.......Sam was a small buisiness owner. He had a ma and pa shop and it grew and grew into what it is today.
    So you are saying embrace small buisness but don't let it get too big?

It is the greatest success story of small buisiness of all time.

i agree and i try to support them.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast