Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: It will be a Merry Christmas at Walmart again...

"alberta_vike" wrote:
    I like the fact that they are saying 'Merry Christmas' again, however, I don't like the fact that the only reason they are doing it is pressure from some of these religious groups. In my opinion, doing it for that reason is not any better than when everyone stopped saying 'Merry Christmas,' due to pressure from various other groups.

Um, Christmas is exactly what it's name implies: Christmas. So why should they say Happy holidays instead?

Have you ever heard anyone say Happy Holiday(s) on New Years, Hanukah (or any other religious holiday), Easter or Thanksgiving, etc.?

If I was to question anything, I would question the "Merry" part. Every other single holiday we have in America, from New Years to Thanksgiving, I.E. Valentines, Easter, Mother's/father's Day, birthdays, 4th of July, Halloween & Thanksgiving, all begin with "Happy".

So why not Happy Christmas?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"SnoBumMN" wrote:
    I really don't know why people are offended by "Merry Christmas."

I mean, it's not like I'm telling them they HAVE to celebrate Christmas, I'm merely being friendly.

And, for the most part people don't care. A stupid few who have to find something to gripe about temporarily messed this little facet of life up.

I hear Macy's is following suit, and using the "Christmas" term again, as well.
    They certainly don't get offended when they get "Christmas" bonuses, a "Christmas" party at work, time off with pay at "Christmas" & "Christmas" presents.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I don't have a problem with "Happy Holidays". I don't know the whole story behind this, but it seems they were trying to include everyone in one greeting.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I don't have a problem with "Happy Holidays". I don't know the whole story behind this, but it seems they were trying to include everyone in one greeting.
    Bottom line is, even though we try to include everone in it, it is still Christmas.

Have you ever received a Happy Holiday card at Easter?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

It all has to do with the political correctness crap, and not offending anybody.
    People just look for a reason to complain.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

There is no way everyone will be pleased, so the majority wins out!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

There is nothing wrong with a company saying happy holidays. There are many religious holidays during that time of year so I can see why they would change it as to not exclude anyone.

Obviously the redneck bible thumping majority that makes up their customers decided they were offended by it. So they changed it back to meet the desire of their cash flow.

I read an article on the low income families that make up the majority of their shopping base. It was saying if the Dems raise minimum wage Wal-Mart is going to make even more money.

Luckily for me I own about 2500 shares of Wal-mart stock.

Del Rio Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSuesXXI3Gc

THEY TOOK OUR JOBBBBBSSS

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"WVV" wrote:
    It all has to do with the political correctness crap, and not offending anybody.
    People just look for a reason to complain.
    I have no problem with Happy Holidays.
    What i do have a problem with id the fact that Walmart made a policy that forbade their employees from even mentioning the word "Christmas".
    It could not be said, could not be displayed, and they had to sell "Holiday" trees instead of Christmas trees.

There is a difference between trying to include everyone and trying to specifically exclude
    a particular group.
    I have no problem with displays or greetings for other culture's holy days (i.e. Hanukkah or Ramadan).
    If Embracing diversity does not mean excluding mainstream.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kelmino is offline Rookie

The announcement comes a year after religious groups such as The American Family Association and The Catholic League boycotted retailers including Wal-Mart last holiday season for excluding the word "Christmas" from products sold in stores.
    so they don't say what they want to during a particular time of year and they boycott them?
    Thats BS there.
    They say happy holidays to encompass all of the religions at that time of year.
    ya know what... I'm going to Boycott Walmart until they say Go Vikings when i walk through the door

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast