Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Will Marrdro root for the Jets?

"Marrdro" wrote:

Again, think what you will.
    Look down on me if you want.
    I feel the same way about anyone who sticks up for that cat even if he was on this team.

At least I am willing to take a stand for what I think was right in this matter even at the expense of not following my team for a year or two.

What has been your stance?
    Welcome Brett.
    Come save us Brett.
    Our lives will be so much better with your presence Brett.

Sorry, I just can't/won't/wouldn't do that as a Vikings fan.

By the way, as a Football fan, it will be sad to watch him flounder as a Jet.
    What is so hard to comprehend about that?
    I expect others on here wouldn't understand that but I had you pegged for a sharper character than that.
    I guess you could Chalk me up on that list, I've been supportive of the football player Brett Favre. I know Brett Favre as the person and player without the colors or past history. That same Brett Favre has never commited any crimes against you or me. I see Brett Favre as a complete package when it comes too a person and player, a bit of drama queen of course but a hell of a football player none the less.

"At least I am willing to take a stand for what I think was right in this matter even at the expense of not following my team for a year or two."

IMO your thinking is completely bandwagon, no matter who is playing for the Vikings I'm rooting. The only time I would quit rooting is if I felt Football was taking too much of my time and I could be something more productive. I think the statement is somewhat Immature as its only a game and Brett Favre is a Moral Human Being.

As a Vikings fan I entertained the idea of Favre coming to town free and clear before camp, then I figured out it was never gonna happen. In the event it happened I would have rooted and supported the idea. My thinking is "Win" thats what we are hear to do. Brett Favre has won more games than any QB in NFL History.

I think anytime a player like him is floating on the wire its a good idea to consider it. Had Brett Favre been released in time for our camp I think it could of and would have been done. I don't think Brett Favre would have to save us because we're already good. I like our chances with Tarvaris and possibly even Gus in the event. Brett would have been a "luxury".

Then when you made your good bye post I would tell you not to let the door hit ya in ya @ss.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Again, think what you will.
    Look down on me if you want.
    I feel the same way about anyone who sticks up for that cat even if he was on this team.

At least I am willing to take a stand for what I think was right in this matter even at the expense of not following my team for a year or two.

What has been your stance?
    Welcome Brett.
    Come save us Brett.
    Our lives will be so much better with your presence Brett.

Sorry, I just can't/won't/wouldn't do that as a Vikings fan.

By the way, as a Football fan, it will be sad to watch him flounder as a Jet.
    What is so hard to comprehend about that?
    I expect others on here wouldn't understand that but I had you pegged for a sharper character than that.
    I guess you could Chalk me up on that list, I've been supportive of the football player Brett Favre. I know Brett Favre as the person and player without the colors or past history. That same Brett Favre has never commited any crimes against you or me. I see Brett Favre as a complete package when it comes too a person and player, a bit of drama queen of course but a hell of a football player none the less.

"At least I am willing to take a stand for what I think was right in this matter even at the expense of not following my team for a year or two."

IMO your thinking is completely bandwagon, no matter who is playing for the Vikings I'm rooting. The only time I would quit rooting is if I felt Football was taking too much of my time and I could be something more productive. I think the statement is somewhat Immature as its only a game and Brett Favre is a Moral Human Being.

As a Vikings fan I entertained the idea of Favre coming to town free and clear before camp, then I figured out it was never gonna happen. In the event it happened I would have rooted and supported the idea. My thinking is "Win" thats what we are hear to do. Brett Favre has won more games than any QB in NFL History.

I think anytime a player like him is floating on the wire its a good idea to consider it. Had Brett Favre been released in time for our camp I think it could of and would have been done. I don't think Brett Favre would have to save us because we're already good. I like our chances with Tarvaris and possibly even Gus in the event. Brett would have been a "luxury".

Then when you made your good bye post I would tell you not to let the door hit ya in ya @ss.

Exactly. That pretty much sums it up.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    You're willing to not follow the team because of a person you don't like was signed?
    They could have a plan that you don't understand in the making that involves some other scenarios and you won't support them just because you don't like him?
    Then in your last sentence you say it would be sad to watch him flounder as a Jet?
    That makes no sense.

Yes, if he was signed I would support him 100% until he gave me a reason not to.
    I never said he would be a saviour, but I do have confidence in the FO in that they know more about football than anybody that pretends they do on these boards.
    Just like I do with Tarvaris and I have no logical reason to support him other than hope.

The only admirable thing about your flip-flopping is that you took a stand and stuck with it.
    It just contradicts what you have been saying on these boards for years.
    How can you not see that?
    Not just "A" person my friend.
    Lord Dickhead.
    Honestly, what is so hard to understand that I actually despise that guy and could never forgive/forget?

In fact, I despise that guy so much I find it hard to believe that any/all of you don't harbor the same feeling.

I guess it is a failing on my part that I let this team play that much of a role in my life to the point I would harbor that much disdain for a single person.
    But I do......
    And to the point were I would forsake the team over it as his presence alone would tarnish everything I have loved about it for so many years.

As to flip flopping, I enjoy the game and can appreciate what his role has been over the years.
    IMHO he should have just retired and shouldn't have put himself in the situation ala Montanna.
    Again, maybe he has just enough left in him to carry a team.
    My guess he doesn't and that is why it will be sad to watch.
    "Lord Dickhead" Now I can understand the frustration Brett Favre has raised in recent History but to go this far into name calling is another example of "Immaturity".

I don't Harbor that same feeling in anyway but I clearly rember the big plays he's made the people he's touched and the Passion he displayed in our Favorite Sport. Frustrating at times but never the less its a game.

"I guess it is a failing on my part that I let this team play that much of a role in my life to the point I would harbor that much disdain for a single person.
    But I do......
    And to the point were I would forsake the team over it as his presence alone would tarnish everything I have loved about it for so many years."

Why the Hatred?

By the way Brett Favre still has juice, I hate to get mushy but he is the "Iron Man" coming off of one of his best seasonal performances in 17 years. IMO Favre even got better as his carear progressed, the biggest thing he had holding him up was bit INT's. IMO placing Favre onto our current squad would spell Suber Bowl or Bust. It will be intristing to see how things play out in New Jersey, I feel for Favre because I think he felt that going to Minnesota was a real possibilty and thats what he wanted. The biggest thing was just to suit up and play. I know one thing for sure, Bett Favre wouldn't be asked to carry our team, it was a perfect situation for him.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Marrdro is going to be pumped this morning.
    I rolled over, put my glasses on, turned on Mike and Mike and was rewarded to see Greeny slobbering on Lord Dickheads Dick.
    ;D
    That was just one of your beagles "cleaning" himself.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456