Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Will the drug problem in pro sports EVER be resolved?

I doubt it. :sad:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2492703
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Re: Will the drug problem in pro sports EVER be resolved?

No because it gives an edge in competition. Which means more fame and more money for everyone involved.

In any competition of any kind there will always be those who want to win at any cost and who have no problems breaking rules, laws, and endangering their own health.

The only resolution is that there will be no resolution.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Nope, New drugs will be found and the leagues will have to keep paying to find new tests.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Does anybody here think that steriods are OK for professional sports? A close friend of mine is always trying to make the argument how everyone should be allowed to use them. I personally don't agree and was quite surprised that he would make such a statement. To me, it takes away from the game some, but what are your opinions?

Del Rio Guest

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Does anybody here think that steriods are OK for professional sports? A close friend of mine is always trying to make the argument how everyone should be allowed to use them. I personally don't agree and was quite surprised that he would make such a statement. To me, it takes away from the game some, but what are your opinions?
    If it was made legal I don't know how it would take away from the game.

It's obviously a bad idea for the health reasons alone.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    Nope, New drugs will be found and the leagues will have to keep paying to find new tests.
    Right, the drug makers will always be about 10 steps ahead of the law and reliable drug tests.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Right I udnerstand that, my only reasoning is that to my knowledge this wasn't going on in the past. I don't know when it got big.... 80s? 90s? But it just sucks seeing records being broken because of steriods. I doubt that Hank Aaron was juicing up before games. The Babe hit his homers without juice, but 20 years that is going to be overshadowed by big juiced up shrivly balled freaks. Hopefully not now with the tighter restrictions but I think you know what I'm trying to say.

Prophet Guest

No, but the definition of drugs will change.

Del Rio Guest

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Right I udnerstand that, my only reasoning is that to my knowledge this wasn't going on in the past. I don't know when it got big.... 80s? 90s? But it just sucks seeing records being broken because of steriods. I doubt that Hank Aaron was juicing up before games. The Babe hit his homers without juice, but 20 years that is going to be overshadowed by big juiced up shrivly balled freaks. Hopefully not now with the tighter restrictions but I think you know what I'm trying to say.
    This has been going on a lot longer then you think.

These roids were not available to Hank Aaron. You don't think that players in their days corked bats, used spit balls, did whatever they could to cheat, to gain an edge?

That is all roids are is someone trying to gain an edge. Sports back in the day were worse then they are now, there was no pass interference no ejections for punching a guy in the nose, eye gouging.....the list goes on.
    All done to gain an edge. Sports has never been "PURE"

Hell today I saw a video of Dr. J punching Larry Bird over and over in the face while Dr. J's teamates held Bird arms behind his back......

Sports today is cleaner then it has ever been, they try to make the playing field as level as possible (generally speaking) if they changed the policy and made it available to everyone I don't see how it would hurt the sport.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't it will, because as long as there is this level of money involved, people will try to cheat and find an advantage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast