Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wild to pick #4

MNVikingGangsta Guest

Wild to pick #4

for any hockey fans who care the wild will be picking #4 in the upcoming draft!!
    http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/lottery_results072205.html

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Wild to pick #4

"MNVikingGangsta" wrote:
    for any hockey fans who care the wild will be picking #4 in the upcoming draft!!
    I seen that. I was wanting #1 so we could get crosby. Oh well. I guess I cant complain, 4 is better then any of the florida teams got.

Thank god that the ducks didnt get #1. I dont think I could stand it if crosby ended up playing for them.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"smootpepper" wrote:
    "MNVikingGangsta" wrote:
    I seen that. I was wanting #1 so we could get crosby. Oh well. I guess I cant complain, 4 is better then any of the florida teams got.

Thank god that the ducks didnt get #1. I dont think I could stand it if crosby ended up playing for them.
    The hockey draft should have gone by how great the teams fan base is. That way the crappy warm weather teams go last. At least Sydney Crosby is going to a team that I can tolerate and him and Super Mario should be fun to watch.

The Wild should select Phil Kessel at 4 if he is there.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

MNVikingGangsta Guest

"smootpepper" wrote:
    "MNVikingGangsta" wrote:

#4 is ok with me. would have been awesome to get #1 but at least we are in the top 5. do you happen to know of any other good prospects out there besides crosby?
    hopefully with these new rules gaborik should really beable to showcase his skills. maybe we could even get another scorer after some of the top teams have to release a couple good players to stay within the salary cap. i'm pretty sure we have a lot of cap room, possibly colorado releases heduk or something.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

YES! MY PENS ARE GONNA GET CROSBY! Ok, I'm not THAT big of a hockey fan, but I root for the Pens in passing, and this is the best thing that's happened to them in years.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

And my Leafs only got the 21st pick!! :crybaby: :crybaby:

Thanks PPE for the sig.

smootpepper is offline Pro-Bowler

"MNVikingGangsta" wrote:
    "smootpepper" wrote:
    "MNVikingGangsta" wrote:

#4 is ok with me. would have been awesome to get #1 but at least we are in the top 5. do you happen to know of any other good prospects out there besides crosby?
    hopefully with these new rules gaborik should really beable to showcase his skills. maybe we could even get another scorer after some of the top teams have to release a couple good players to stay within the salary cap. i'm pretty sure we have a lot of cap room, possibly colorado releases heduk or something.
    So what are all the rule changes anyway? I heard some of them like shrinking the goalie pads, but what else is going to change?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Looks like my 'Canes will be picking before the Wild. I like the Wild OK but I am a pretty big Hurricanes fan. We got a lot of fair-weather fans in our little Stanley Cup run a few years ago and it seems as though they have all ditched the team.

MNVikingGangsta Guest

"smootpepper" wrote:
    "MNVikingGangsta" wrote:
    "smootpepper" wrote:
    "MNVikingGangsta" wrote:

So what are all the rule changes anyway? I heard some of them like shrinking the goalie pads, but what else is going to change?
    http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/rules_changes072205.html

i'm not sure if i'm for or against going to a shootout. i'm glad there will be no more ties but i think after a four on four period it should go to a 3 on 3 and you'd think with 3 on 3 someone would score. i do like the "flow" rule changes with there being no two line passing whistles anymore.
    if ya read the instigator rule it says they will fine the coach! that is just crazy.
    all in all it looks like it should make for a faster, more offense oriented style of play which will make it much more exciting. i can't wait for the season to start.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Are there any other really good players besides Crosby? I don't follow college too much except the Gophers.. Do you think the Wild can get someone who can come in and contribute right away?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast