Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84
  1. #11
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    For the second time in my life, I'm actually going to a NHL game tonight. The Blackhawks are so bad, they decided to give their tickets away. On Wednesday, they were running a special on ticketmaster that seats on the 200 level were free, all you had to pay were the ticketmaster fees. My wife and I got two tickets to the game for $6 total.
    Wow - who are they playing?
    It should be fun - hockey in person is awesome!!!

    =Z=
    They're playing Columbus tonight. The first NHL game I went to was about 2-3 years ago, and it was a Blackhawks/Avs game that went into overtime. The friend that I went to the game with was wearing a Forsberg jersey, and I still got more grief from the fans for the Vikings coat I had on. Admittedly, the Forsberg jersey was from the Swedish team, so it wasn't an Avs jersey, but still.

    I have been to quite a few games between the Milwaukee Admirals and the Chicago Wolves, and you're right. Live hockey is a great thing.

  2. #12
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    "Webby" wrote:
    holy balls the playoff tix were expensive as hell though....$1100 for the first two rounds.

    of course, having sweeeeeeeeeet season tix has its price.

    goddm iginla.
    I shook my fist at him but it didn't help.
    It's not a recipe for a win when you give up a hat trick to one of the top5 scorers in the league.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #13
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    "josdin00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    For the second time in my life, I'm actually going to a NHL game tonight. The Blackhawks are so bad, they decided to give their tickets away. On Wednesday, they were running a special on ticketmaster that seats on the 200 level were free, all you had to pay were the ticketmaster fees. My wife and I got two tickets to the game for $6 total.
    Wow - who are they playing?
    It should be fun - hockey in person is awesome!!!

    =Z=
    They're playing Columbus tonight. The first NHL game I went to was about 2-3 years ago, and it was a Blackhawks/Avs game that went into overtime. The friend that I went to the game with was wearing a Forsberg jersey, and I still got more grief from the fans for the Vikings coat I had on. Admittedly, the Forsberg jersey was from the Swedish team, so it wasn't an Avs jersey, but still.

    I have been to quite a few games between the Milwaukee Admirals and the Chicago Wolves, and you're right. Live hockey is a great thing.
    So, Josdin - I saw that the Blackhawks won that game - did you have a good time?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    Gonna be able to make one more game!
    Going tomorrow night to see the Wild right the ship against the woeful and playing out the string Edmonton Oilers.

    Webby - you gonna be there?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    "Zeus" wrote:
    Gonna be able to make one more game!
    Going tomorrow night to see the Wild right the ship against the woeful and playing out the string Edmonton Oilers.

    Webby - you gonna be there?
    Wow.
    So, apparently, in the State of Hockey, I'm the only Wild fan on PPO?

    Great game tonight - 3-0 win for The Wild!
    Great game by Backstrom in the goal, stopping all shots for the shutout and #1 star!
    2 assist by Gabby, goals from Koivu, Shultz and Radivojevic and solid defense all around.

    Great seats for Zeus and his buddy - fun folks around us, including a rather hot 53-year-old in front of us who showed us her tatoo!

    LET'S GO WILD!!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    Well i have my Jersey ready.
    Soon as the playoffs start I will be watching all the games at my favorite bar.


    Gotta get my friend from Richfield to go with.


    I am ready.... We need a cup and my teams are on a roll.


    I am not just talking about the gators.
    I am talking about Italy winning the world cup.


    I wanted that more than the world.
    That was like 3 NCAA Championships all at once.


    It was crazy.


    So when the Wild start winning just remember my teams are on a roll.....

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    If you're going to tonight's game, try to get there when about half the crowd has gone in.

    http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/1101188.html

    Numbers: According to the Wild, 4,991,620 fans have attended Wild home games. That means the 5,000,000th fan will pass through the gates tonight. That person will get a No. 5,000,000 jersey, a team-autographed hockey stick, two tickets to a 2007 Xcel Energy Center concert of their choice, two tickets to the team's first home playoff game and announce "Let's play hockey" prior to the start of the game.
    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    If all goes well, I should have playoff tickets by tonight.

    ;D
    -Sno

  9. #19
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,576

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    well my oilers failed hard this season. so i hope the wild play the canucks or flames in the first round and beat the crap out of them and win in a sweep. that would be nice.
    We're bringing purple back.

  10. #20
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Wild about The Wild - Official Playoff Thread!

    "gregair13" wrote:
    well my oilers failed hard this season. so i hope the wild play the canucks or flames in the first round and beat the crap out of them and win in a sweep. that would be nice.
    hoping for the same thing..u are a real oilers fan, i can tell..i wonder which canadian team is gonna be the country's bandwagon team this year tho
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Official AFC Wild Card Playoff Thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 12:16 AM
  2. OFFICIAL - PPO Divisional Playoff Tailgate Thread
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
  3. Official NFC Divisional Playoff Thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 09:06 PM
  4. Official AFC Divisional Playoff Thread
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
  5. Wild Card Shaping Up To Be Truly Wild
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 07:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •