Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Why Refs Piss Me Off

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "tjohnson" wrote:
    Tough situation. I'm a certified HS ref in CT and its obvious they were less than objective in their officiating. I would call the board that covers your games and ask to speak w/ the commisioner or president. I know over here we had two refs act in a similar way and they were suspended for one month each.

Reffing is tough enough as it is w/o ppl like this giving us an even worse name!
    Absolutely Reffing is hard. And I respect people who take on the task. I never argue a call, our team goes through a captain so on timeouts or quarters we refer all gripes to him and he will approach the ref.

This stuff was horrible however and I would agree this is not the norm. I just felt like venting my frustration. I make a miracle pass, our guy makes a miracle shot, a miracle catch and we win.....only to have it turned around by an inadvertant whistle....

Question for you: What is the rule regarding the accidental whistle. It was blown while our guy was in the process of shooting, so the other team had not stopped or anything. He waved off the basket and made up his own rules it seemed.
    In this situation it sounds like something in reffing called a 'correctable error'. The ref could have changed his call before the ball became live again.

Next time a play happens similar to this ask the ref if it's a 'correctable error'. They'll prob do a double-take and realize you know a little something about officiating, and then be forced to discuss the call w/ their partner.

How do ya like them apples?!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Wow! I cannot believe you did not smash that guy in the parking lot.

And his dad for marrying such an annoying slob wife.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

ROTFLMAO.. I wouldn't accept any other remark from you Ultra..

Del Rio Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Our team is comprised of mostly married guys who have very small kids. The wives were right there talking and our kids were there too, honestly that's the only reason I didn't lash back, that and I really didn't care I was exhausted physically and mentally.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Our team is comprised of mostly married guys who have very small kids. The wives were right there talking and our kids were there too, honestly that's the only reason I didn't lash back, that and I really didn't care I was exhausted physically and mentally.
    :shock:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. A guy just got in your grill like that and you did nothing because of wives and kids around? Do you sit when you pee? :razz: (just had to toss that in there).

I can understand since your boys are really too young to understand that stuff. With me, I have already gave Ultra Jr. the talk about how to handle himself and not to be afraid to bust up a pretty face. However, he must never be the one to start the fight...just end it. You never let somebody push you around....nobody! He knows that very well. He knows that if I get called to his school because he lit somebody up that I will not punish him if he was doing the right thing. I have had my butt kicked standing up for myself and I have won some too.

I did not tell him just because somebody is in your face to pound him a "new one". But to let that individual know that he needs to quickly remove himself from my son's area. If the kid/guy gets pushy.....WHAM!!! Down he goes!

Thats just me though.

Hey Del, if we meet up and go to a Vikings game and things get ugly...feel free to hide behind me! He hee! :razz:

:lol:

Hey Del, here is your new avatar.

Its a little more fitting!

:razz:

JK!

Del Rio Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

:shock:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. A guy just got in your grill like that and you did nothing because of wives and kids around? Do you sit when you pee? :razz: (just had to toss that in there).

I can understand since your boys are really too young to understand that stuff. With me, I have already gave Ultra Jr. the talk about how to handle himself and not to be afraid to bust up a pretty face. However, he must never be the one to start the fight...just end it. You never let somebody push you around....nobody! He knows that very well. He knows that if I get called to his school because he lit somebody up that I will not punish him if he was doing the right thing. I have had my butt kicked standing up for myself and I have won some too.

I did not tell him just because somebody is in your face to pound him a "new one". But to let that individual know that he needs to quickly remove himself from my son's area. If the kid/guy gets pushy.....WHAM!!! Down he goes!

Thats just me though.

Hey Del, if we meet up and go to a Vikings game and things get ugly...feel free to hide behind me! He hee! :razz:

:lol:
    I have had my share of fights over the years. I don't know what's happened to me the last few years.

Fact of the matter is I bad mouthed his mother, and I find it kind of cool he wanted to stand up for her, the fact that he even tried to push me when all my friends were there and I was about twice his size.

I've always been bigger then people, that alone makes me think twice before I throw down. You have to do some pretty serious stuff to get me riled up to the point of fighting.

If we go to a Vikings game together I got your back. Of course by I got your back I mean I will be sitting there drinking a beer and stuffing food in my face while some 300 pound Packer fan shows you his best "this is what I do to goats" impersonation. :grin:

Ha! Great response! Age slows you down too. I do not get into any physical altercations anymore, but am not afraid to.

Nowadays I worry about guns. Me and some guy get into it, and then he whips out his gun or his friend does. If they do they'd better hit good because if and when I catch them they will have to have the gun surgically removed from their ear!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Did I tell you guys I'm attending Officiating School now?.....LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Who started this thread, Sheldon Williams!!! :grin:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast