Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Why Oh Why Marrdro?

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    the test for this will be as follows.

One of you has to take initiative to do this:

1. On every kickoff, make not of where the ball is kicked to.
    2. Make note of when the first man on the coverage team finally gets even with the returner
    3. Make note of when the returner if finally tackled.

If the returner gains more than 10 yards or so past when the first coverage guy gets to the same yard like as the returner, then we all know there's a problem there.
    Other things to watch.....

If you can see both sidelines, the players on the field and the ball, then the trajectory is low/a line drive.
    Factor that in when one considers blaming the coverage unit for allowing more than 10 yards as they will still be engaged with the blockers and haven't had time to get in thier lanes.

Are the gunners double teamed or are they left singled up.

Were the gunners forced out of bounds or did they stay in bounds.

7. Did both gunners over run the KO or just one.

If both over run it then the kick was not kicked to the spot it was originally called for by the ST's coach.

8. Did the formation look to be set up for a Middle, Left or Right return.
    Again, did the ball go in the direction of what the return play was called for.

Seriously, your test is a good start but it really doesn't even come close to encompassing what play the ST's coach actually calls.

Of course, I am sure some of you don't even know they actually call ST's plays for silly things like KO's and P's.
    Of course we know, they have it in Madden.

But joking aside, comments like that make you seem very arrogant at times Marrdo, its very condescending to constantly read pooh like that.
    You're not some football expert that knows the game leaps and bounds above the rest of us
    Never said I was anything other than a yutz who likes to cheer for a team.

My apologies if you (or anyone) took my comment as condescending.

Quick queston though, are you aware of how ST's plays are called?
    Judging my some of the posters who have been discussing this with me, I would wager that most are not.
    Call it condescending or arrogant, but I bet I am right on that.

Again, my apologies.
    Yes, I actually am.
    Remember I'm kind of obsessive with this stuff considering my age
    :P, I've written a report of the in's and out's of "American Football" in school, along with some other stuff i've thrown out here and there.

But no, MY apologies, I was just crabby this morning
    ;D hadn't slept in a day and a half and had to go to work at 5am for a friend since he was too wasted lol.
    You the first available target to vent.

Got mad love for you dog, mad love. lol
    No worries my friend.

If I've learned one thing from being on sites like this (and others I've been a member of), one should try not to take oneself very serious.

Again, just a yutz here who loves to discuss ball.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    the test for this will be as follows.

One of you has to take initiative to do this:

1. On every kickoff, make not of where the ball is kicked to.
    2. Make note of when the first man on the coverage team finally gets even with the returner
    3. Make note of when the returner if finally tackled.

If the returner gains more than 10 yards or so past when the first coverage guy gets to the same yard like as the returner, then we all know there's a problem there.
    Other things to watch.....

If you can see both sidelines, the players on the field and the ball, then the trajectory is low/a line drive.
    Factor that in when one considers blaming the coverage unit for allowing more than 10 yards as they will still be engaged with the blockers and haven't had time to get in thier lanes.

Are the gunners double teamed or are they left singled up.

Were the gunners forced out of bounds or did they stay in bounds.

7. Did both gunners over run the KO or just one.

If both over run it then the kick was not kicked to the spot it was originally called for by the ST's coach.

8. Did the formation look to be set up for a Middle, Left or Right return.
    Again, did the ball go in the direction of what the return play was called for.

Seriously, your test is a good start but it really doesn't even come close to encompassing what play the ST's coach actually calls.

Of course, I am sure some of you don't even know they actually call ST's plays for silly things like KO's and P's.
    So what makes your observations so great if you are watching on TV? You can't even see half this stuff on TV.
    :
    Ahhhhh, but you can.
    Just watch the replays....
    Especially the endzone look.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Or we could have picked up Crosby as I mentioned over a year ago.
    How would he be any better?
    Crosby is 81% and Longwell is 84%. Crosby is 3 for 5 over 50 and Longwell is 5 for 5.

And both percentages are in the 20's with respect to FG kicking.
    Take that wonderfull stat and then add in the short jiggly butt KO's and you will see why I wonder why people on here seem to think he is Gods gift to kicking.

Simply amazing.
    They are not short. Last game was to the 1, 3, 2, and -5. Simply amazing how you still believe this. Plus his hang time was 5 sec. Better than the guy that was on the field for the Falcons. People don't think he is gods gift to kicking, they just don't agree with you that he should not be on this team.
    And I gave him props for those kicks.
    Simply amazing how you missed that.... ;D

As to his status on this team, I believe we saw indications that his tenure isn't gonna to much longer.
    Time will tell, however, I bet we see a few more cats brought in this offseason to see if a upgrade can be made.
    :

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Crosby is 81% and Longwell is 84%. Crosby is 3 for 5 over 50 and Longwell is 5 for 5.

Take that wonderfull stat and then add in the short jiggly butt KO's and you will see why I wonder why people on here seem to think he is Gods gift to kicking.

Simply amazing.
    They are not short. Last game was to the 1, 3, 2, and -5. Simply amazing how you still believe this. Plus his hang time was 5 sec. Better than the guy that was on the field for the Falcons. People don't think he is gods gift to kicking, they just don't agree with you that he should not be on this team.

As to his status on this team, I believe we saw indications that his tenure isn't gonna to much longer.
    Time will tell, however, I bet we see a few more cats brought in this offseason to see if a upgrade can be made.
    :
    Well bringing in new kickers actually isn't an indication that they're looking to replace him.
    Although, as a professional football franchise, if there is an available upgrade, most teams will almost always take it - if the price is right.

In training camp, they always bring in at least one extra kicker, so that on special teams drills you don't wear out one guy's leg when they have to kickoff 20+ times in a row.
    But don't worry, as long as things go as planned again, I should be at practice almost every day i'll keep an eye on those new "prospects" just for you, lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=COJOMAY link=topic=49785.msg885363#msg885363 date=1230326510]

Simply amazing.

:
    Well bringing in new kickers actually isn't an indication that they're looking to replace him.
    Although, as a professional football franchise, if there is an available upgrade, most teams will almost always take it - if the price is right.

In training camp, they always bring in at least one extra kicker, so that on special teams drills you don't wear out one guy's leg when they have to kickoff 20+ times in a row.
    But don't worry, as long as things go as planned again, I should be at practice almost every day i'll keep an eye on those new "prospects" just for you, lol
    [/quote]
    If he keeps "Booming" most of his KO's like he has the last 2 or 3 weeks, I might be watching him for a year or so more.

Regardless, I will be looking forward to your reports.... ;D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345