Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Why Oh Why Marrdro?

Haha I had a very merry x-mas.. I can't say im feeling too good in the morning here

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I really like Longwell for his FG kicking ability's

5/5 for 50+ yards is very very good.
    Yea, just keep him outside the 50 and we are golden.

Steven Hauschka is 1-2 in 50+ and LONGwell is 5-5!
    :

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I really like Longwell for his FG kicking ability's

5/5 for 50+ yards is very very good.
    Yea, just keep him outside the 50 and we are golden.

Steven Hauschka is 1-2 in 50+ and LONGwell is 5-5!
    :
    I wonder what his percentage would be if he was allowed to kick for a full year and I wonder what our stat would be with respect to oppenents starting field position.......

Comeon, 5/5 over 50 is a nice feat but damn, what is so hard to figure out that there is alot more to it than that.
    Its the others he missed (in close) and his Kick Offs that concern me.

Besides, the top 5 Kickers this year have had 6, 2, 4, 4, 9 years respectfully.
    Those Gramatica guys are freaks so I wouldn't count him.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

a.
    His leg is is questionable during KO's.
    Take a look at the average starting position for our opponents and you will see what I speak of.
    Sure, he can get it inside the 5 and even the endzone at times but he significantly sacrifices hang time to achieve that.
    a. I already proved this wrong with evidence. Not sure why it is still being discussed.

"marstc09" wrote:
    a.
    Take a look at the average starting position for our opponents and you will see what I speak of.

Sure, he can get it inside the 5 and even the endzone at times but he significantly sacrifices hang time to achieve that.
    a. I already proved this wrong with evidence. Not sure why it is still being discussed.
    What proof?

1. One Minnesota, two Minnesota.......You didn't back it up with were the reciever caught it and followon field position after the hang time.......

Face it.
    Just as I have a disliking for EX-Puker players, you seem to have a affinity for them and want our whole team populated with them especially after thier careers are on the down turn..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    a.

What proof?

1. One Minnesota, two Minnesota.......You didn't back it up with were the reciever caught it and followon field position after the hang time.......

Face it.
    Just as I have a disliking for EX-Puker players, you seem to have a affinity for them and want our whole team populated with them especially after thier careers are on the down turn..... ;D
    Well it must be working because nobody is believing what you are writing. You are the only one who believes this from what I read. Look at wear he kicked it to. I am not going to waste my time on a subject that everyone already understands. It is the coverage, not Longwell.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    a.

What proof?

Face it.
    Well it must be working because nobody is believing what you are writing. You are the only one who believes this from what I read. Look at wear he kicked it to. I am not going to waste my time on a subject that everyone already understands. It is the coverage, not Longwell.
    Its more than coverage although, as I've admitted/agreed with you on, they have issues, just as Longwell has issues and just as our ST's coach(s) have issues.

The whole group needs to be worked on in the offseason and yes, that might include a new kicker who can make more than 85% of his kicks and get the ball in the endzone for a touchback vice a average starting point less than th 30 yard line.....

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    a.

What proof?

Face it.
    Its more than coverage although, as I've admitted/agreed with you on, they have issues, just as Longwell has issues and just as our ST's coach(s) have issues.

The whole group needs to be worked on in the offseason and yes, that might include a new kicker who can make more than 85% of his kicks and get the ball in the endzone for a touchback vice a average starting point less than th 30 yard line.....
    Getting it into the endzone would be nice but he has on occasion. I wish it was more but they seem to bring it out. There is a reason for that. Our coverage is horrible. Teams know this.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

the test for this will be as follows.

One of you has to take initiative to do this:

1. On every kickoff, make not of where the ball is kicked to.
    2. Make note of when the first man on the coverage team finally gets even with the returner
    3. Make note of when the returner if finally tackled.

If the returner gains more than 10 yards or so past when the first coverage guy gets to the same yard like as the returner, then we all know there's a problem there.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    a.

What proof?

Face it.

Getting it into the endzone would be nice but he has on occasion. I wish it was more but they seem to bring it out. There is a reason for that. Our coverage is horrible. Teams know this.
    The kicker and his coverage unit work together.

He needs to get the ball down field, but with decent hangtime as well, and I don't think he has the leg to do it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast