Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mnviking80 is offline Training Camp

Why I'm A Viking After All These Years

This was a post I made on another forum I contribute to, and I repeatily talk about my "Beloved Vikings". One poster was quite mad that she started Daunte and he bombed for her. Here is my response to that:

I remember when Viking games were blacked out because they're weren't enough people attending. When you've been to two embarassing NFC Championship games (One of with I had to "Celebrate" my birthday after we were beaten by the Giants 41-0. I will never forget that tragedy), and that sad 27-24 loss in OT to the Falcons in '98. I compare it to my fanmanship as a Cubs fan: Expect the unexpected. That's all I have to say, except this to all the Packer fans: Ha, ha! You have no offense after losing Javon Walker!

So why are you a Viking after all these years?
    -Andy

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Why I'm A Viking After All These Years

i'm a vikings fan because i love minnesota and wished and prayed that i lived there. that's the main reason i'm a vikings fan, i'm a scandnavian too so that might have something to do with it. pretty stupid reason to be a vikes fan but those are my reasons

Thanks Josdin

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im a Vikings cuz I stay loyal.. Haven't thought about any other team.. And when we win the bowl it will be the sweetest victory ever!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am a Viking fan period.

Do not need a reason. :wink:

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

Scandinavian born in Minnesota. Generations of berserker blood in my veins. Glutton for punishment. Gonna be a sweet day when we win.
    Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

In the words of Joe Dirt...

That's like saying why're puppies good? Why're rainbows good? Why're boobs good? I dunno man! They just are!

In the same idea, I don't know why, I just am!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I bleed Purple man, and I would never dream of forsaking my team. Games like last week just test my mettle and result in broken remotes, endtables and the like.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I was born in Winona, MN. I came out of the womb purple, the umbilical cord was purple -- It was destiny!. I've been a die-hard Vikings fan thru thick 'n' thin ever since. I've survived 4 superbowl losses, the strike year (year of the scabs) & the worst year of my life. 1984 the year (gulp) Les Steckel took the Vikings to a 3-13 record. The only good thing that year was they fired his @ss & they brought the man (Bud Grant) back out of retirement for another year.
    Vikings fans are the best there is! Were all on this band wagon together. We may have hit a pothole in the road last Sunday, but it's along ride & It ain't over til it's over.

SKOL!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

While I haven't been a Vikings fan for nearly as long as some people on here, I have to ditto Ultra and say I'm a fan period! I was talking to someone once trying to explain to them how much of a Vikings fan I really am, which a lot of times people just don't understand. But he said, "Kelli for you being a Vikings fan is like a way of life." I really liked that comment, it's like no matter what happens, no matter how they do, no matter what any member of the team does, no matter who the coach is, who we trade, etc. etc. I will always be a Vikings fan, I am so loyal and don't have an ounce of fairweatheredness in my blood! But like Ultra said, I can't really even explain why I'm a Vikings fan, I just am and that's good enough for me!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

Why...what a great question.
    I was born in Mpls. Baby pix in purple. My Grandpa was a season ticket holder and he is a grey headed tough marine who always reminded me of Bud Grant. I met many of the original Purple people eaters as a kid, got frostbite at the old Met, sang SKOL even though I didnt know what it meant. Grew up watchin Fran and then Tommy.

Ive Loved em as long as I can remember even though they have broken my heart so many times.
    Grandpa is pushing 80. Please, please, bring one home for him. I want him to see it.

Go Vikes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast