Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tdawg0002 is offline Rookie

Who would you take as the best QB/WR(s) tandem in history?

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    SOrry to say this but isint this poll kinda lame because of course everyone, almost everyone is going to vote for carter/moss/cully??? Doesnt make any sense since were all viking fans and were going to use our homerism and pick our trio.

It would make more sense if you got rid of the moss/carter/cully selection, then no one can pick the most obvious answer.

Just a suggestion for the near future for all the poll threads.
    Hawaiianvike,

Generally I find your responses to be well thought out and intelligent. However, this time I think you have proven me wrong. The way I see it, only 40% of the votes have gone to Culpepper/Moss/Carter. Granted, it would be a lot more interesting had that choice been left out, but I felt it necessary to point out that "almost everyone" hasn't voted for Culpepper/Moss/Carter. In fact, they don't even hold the outright lead (when I wrote this message it was 8 votes for them and 8 for Montana/Rice). Just thought I would point it out.
    Protect our future...Keep your kids out of the reach of any Green Bay Packers.

silvermane is offline Rookie

out of those picks i'd have to say marino and mark clayton. those guys really clicked together and marino is still one of the best to ever play the game.

i'm surprised none of the pack fans have taken issue with leaving out starr and hornung/mcgee.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the defense, tdawg0002...

What's the matter with you, hawaiianvike? I thought you were a nice guy, but now... :wink:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any comment is welcome - I just thought it might be interesting to see how people thought of history's QB/WR tandoms. I also wanted to see if there were older fans out there like myself that can REMEMBER the players from the 70's, 80's, etc.... Not like you young whipper-snappers...

SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

fan4favre is offline Starter

"silvermane" wrote:
    i'm surprised none of the pack fans have taken issue with leaving out starr and hornung/mcgee.

Why would we when Favre/Freeman is the most prolific tandem in Packer history?

"shockzilla" wrote:

What's the matter with you, hawaiianvike? I thought you were a nice guy, but now... :wink:

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any comment is welcome - I just thought it might be interesting to see how people thought of history's QB/WR tandoms. I also wanted to see if there were older fans out there like myself that can REMEMBER the players from the 70's, 80's, etc.... Not like you young whipper-snappers...

SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am not old enough to actually remember most of them, but I am old enough to have seen highlights and reruns on several occassions (it also helps that I am a hardcore football fan). I was born in 1982, yet my favorite football player of all time was Lynn Swann. He was just so amazing. The thing I love the most about watching old-school football is the wide receivers. They literally had no fear of anything. Most of the time they would run crossing routes over the middle and pay dearly for it. Everytime they did though, they only bounced up and did it again. Wide receivers today are pansies compared to the hard nosed atheletes of the "good ole days".

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"tdawg0002" wrote:
    "hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    SOrry to say this but isint this poll kinda lame because of course everyone, almost everyone is going to vote for carter/moss/cully??? Doesnt make any sense since were all viking fans and were going to use our homerism and pick our trio.

It would make more sense if you got rid of the moss/carter/cully selection, then no one can pick the most obvious answer.

Just a suggestion for the near future for all the poll threads.
    Hawaiianvike,

Generally I find your responses to be well thought out and intelligent. However, this time I think you have proven me wrong. The way I see it, only 40% of the votes have gone to Culpepper/Moss/Carter. Granted, it would be a lot more interesting had that choice been left out, but I felt it necessary to point out that "almost everyone" hasn't voted for Culpepper/Moss/Carter. In fact, they don't even hold the outright lead (when I wrote this message it was 8 votes for them and 8 for Montana/Rice). Just thought I would point it out.

Actually i forgot to say that tarkenton/white etc should be take out that way there isint homerism, thats all. Like i said just about everone will vote for our guys and nobody else, thats what doesnt make any sense. Just thought id throw in my suggestion. Of course homerism got to me and i had to pick moss/cully/carter.

What's the matter with you, hawaiianvike? I thought you were a nice guy, but now...

SKOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if i offened ya shock, just thought the poll could be made better but o well. You get my point of view as i have stated before. But other then that, good poll.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

That's the Hawaiianvike I know a little better. I don't think either of us meant it as a slam on you, we were just stating our opinions. No hard feelings. As a progressing member on this site, the last thing I need is to make enemies of some of the most respected members of this site. Let's all enjoy the year and SKOL VIKES!!!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

poll

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!

SKOL, brothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

I am not sure if I missed it but did anyone say anything about what was his name white shoes johnson (I think played in Philly) and yea mcgee with starr where pretty good as well pretty dam good... but Fran the man and Smith/Rashad

Shockzilla great Post and question thanks
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12