Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: Who says Mcdonalds is bad for you?

    "Mr" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Must admit I've never heard of salmonella being associated with tomatoes before, thought it was only usually through meat products .. learn something new every day
    Same here.

    I knew e coli could spread through vegetables/fruits, but I've always heard of salmonella with meat and dairy products.
    I think it's that same problem that happened with Green Onions awhile back, people picking the tomatoes aren't washing their hands, therefore causing the contamination... but I am probably wrong because I haven't read the article yet.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who says Mcdonalds is bad for you?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    tomatos are soo good and are the key to a good hamburger. just another reason not to go to mcdicks i guess
    Maybe it hasn't made the news in Canada, but they are not serving tomatoes all over the USA at almost ALL restaurants and not selling many varieties in stores due to salmonella poisoning.

    http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/19709659.html?location_refer=$sectionName

    =Z=
    Yup.
    Hard to blame McDonalds for this one - the title of the thread is pretty misleading.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    faninphx's Avatar
    faninphx is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    230

    Re: Who says Mcdonalds is bad for you?

    Here's a funny read about McDonalds

    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=lovin_it

  4. #14
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Who says Mcdonalds is bad for you?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "pattyosviKING" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    tomatos are soo good and are the key to a good hamburger. just another reason not to go to mcdicks i guess
    Maybe it hasn't made the news in Canada, but they are not serving tomatoes all over the USA at almost ALL restaurants and not selling many varieties in stores due to salmonella poisoning.

    http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/19709659.html?location_refer=$sectionName
    Our supplier is not distributing any more tomatoes untill the issue is further investigated and cleared up.
    There has not been an official recall yet.
    Just many places being safe and voluntarily pulling the products.
    My company has stopped using tomatoes for now as well.
    The news here is quick to point out that no Minnesota growers have been implicated and that certain brands (like Bushel Boy, I believe, from Owatonna) are just fine.

    =Z=
    I think for the most part this is the media trying to scare everyone and people overreacting. A few people get sick(out of hundreds of millions that have eaten a tomato product) and now every tomato in the country needs to be thrown out. We have seen this before with bird flu, mad cow desease, etc. It's an overreaction in IMHO.

  5. #15
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Who says Mcdonalds is bad for you?

    everybody has to die of something

  6. #16
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Who says Mcdonalds is bad for you?

    Subway, KFC, Taco Bell and McDonalds have all yanked tomatoes here in the last couple of days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. McDonalds gives out 5000 Condoms in happy meals
    By i_bleed_purple in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 01:03 AM
  2. Want free food at McDonalds? Watch this.
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 10:31 AM
  3. Reason # 327 Why I have stopped eating at McDonalds
    By Garland Greene in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 01:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •