Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Who says Mcdonalds is bad for you?

"Mr" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    Must admit I've never heard of salmonella being associated with tomatoes before, thought it was only usually through meat products .. learn something new every day
    Same here.

I knew e coli could spread through vegetables/fruits, but I've always heard of salmonella with meat and dairy products.
    I think it's that same problem that happened with Green Onions awhile back, people picking the tomatoes aren't washing their hands, therefore causing the contamination... but I am probably wrong because I haven't read the article yet.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    tomatos are soo good and are the key to a good hamburger. just another reason not to go to mcdicks i guess
    Maybe it hasn't made the news in Canada, but they are not serving tomatoes all over the USA at almost ALL restaurants and not selling many varieties in stores due to salmonella poisoning.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/19709659.html?location_refer=$sectionName

=Z=
    Yup.
    Hard to blame McDonalds for this one - the title of the thread is pretty misleading.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

faninphx is offline Starter

Here's a funny read about McDonalds

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=lovin_it

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "pattyosviKING" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    tomatos are soo good and are the key to a good hamburger. just another reason not to go to mcdicks i guess
    Maybe it hasn't made the news in Canada, but they are not serving tomatoes all over the USA at almost ALL restaurants and not selling many varieties in stores due to salmonella poisoning.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/19709659.html?location_refer=$sectionName
    Our supplier is not distributing any more tomatoes untill the issue is further investigated and cleared up.
    There has not been an official recall yet.
    Just many places being safe and voluntarily pulling the products.
    My company has stopped using tomatoes for now as well.
    The news here is quick to point out that no Minnesota growers have been implicated and that certain brands (like Bushel Boy, I believe, from Owatonna) are just fine.

=Z=
    I think for the most part this is the media trying to scare everyone and people overreacting. A few people get sick(out of hundreds of millions that have eaten a tomato product) and now every tomato in the country needs to be thrown out. We have seen this before with bird flu, mad cow desease, etc. It's an overreaction in IMHO.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

everybody has to die of something

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Subway, KFC, Taco Bell and McDonalds have all yanked tomatoes here in the last couple of days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12